[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to this you can do a lot of sneaky stuff to save power if you want. For instance you can run 4 universal macerators (HV) on 1 LV turbine by transforming it down to ULV and still get byproducts, ofc it will be really slow but much more power efficient. Also I like to do it when you have a power producing system to increase the efficiency of the system. Only problem is i havent figured out when exactly it starts overclocking the recepies, anyone know about this?

For instance i think centrifuging methane should be possible to run with ULV so 1 turbine runs 4 centrifuges however even if you feed the centrifuge with LV it will still run at the same speed as when you feed it with 32 voltage. Meaning it runs the >8 EU recepie even in LV when it should logically overclock the recepie. Anyone know how exactly the overclocking of recepies work?

Re overclocking, is it not based on the recipe itself - so an LV-range recipe would be overclocked in anything over LV?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so basically everything runs in the lowest speed in the LV tier. That is actually really helpfull cause that means you should be able to run several macerators off 1 generator in LV.

However that brings the question, what happens when i feed a higher tier machine with LV for a recepie that is below 8 eu/t? Im guessing in that case that the recepie would actually be overclocked.

I mean theoretically if i have 1 LV turbine if i connect 15 LV macerator at distance of 2 blocks they should all run since the machine would each require 1 amp of 30 eu every 15 tics which with 15 machines would be 1 amps every 1 ticks with losses included.
Something tells me that if i connect a HV macerator directly to a LV turbine (no cable loss) it would overclock the recepie twice (2->8->32) thus becoming 4 times quicker than the LV macerator but consuming 16 times the power. Could anyone confirm this?

I

Ilirith

Okay so basically everything runs in the lowest speed in the LV tier. That is actually really helpfull cause that means you should be able to run several macerators off 1 generator in LV.

However that brings the question, what happens when i feed a higher tier machine with LV for a recepie that is below 8 eu/t? Im guessing in that case that the recepie would actually be overclocked.

I mean theoretically if i have 1 LV turbine if i connect 15 LV macerator at distance of 2 blocks they should all run since the machine would each require 1 amp of 30 eu every 15 tics which with 15 machines would be 1 amps every 1 ticks with losses included.
Something tells me that if i connect a HV macerator directly to a LV turbine (no cable loss) it would overclock the recepie twice (2->8->32) thus becoming 4 times quicker than the LV macerator but consuming 16 times the power. Could anyone confirm this?

Not sure exactly how it would work, but wouldn't that 1 amps every 1 tick risk still melting the cable, if they aren't started with the exact right timing?
I know you said theoretically, i'm just curious as to if it would be the case in reality :p

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
As long as your generator can only send out a maximum of one amp/t of power it would not be a problem. However it would be a bad idea to do this with say a 4x battery buffer. However the only thing you would need to do to fix it would be to use x4 tin cables and it would also work.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I have some important information for you:
Modpack Update v3.2.11!!!!!!!!!!
Comming out soon, just keep an eye on the launcher :)
Quests:
- Added new questline (GalacticCraft)
- Added quests for new GregTech blocks
- "Fast Steel" quest fixed. Now looks only for 128 Wrought Iron.
- Fixed Jackhammer quest
- Rebalanced few quests

Mod Updates:
- GregTech -> 5.09.24
- Buildcraft -> 7.1.18
- Galacticraft -> 3.0.12.463
- Forestry -> 4.2.15.63
- EnderIO -> 2.3.0.429
- EnderCore -> 0.2.0.39
- InfinityCore -> 1.7b

Removed mods:
- GalacticGreg (now integrated within GT)

Changes/Fixes:
- Tungsten Clusters no longer obtainable. Current Tungsten Clusters processing changed (gives Tungstate instead of Tungsten)
- Pollution is now fully implemented (http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=203357#post203357 for more info)
- Massive load time improvements
- More heating coils (old ones need to be replaced/converted - put in crafting table will convert them)
- Marble and Basalt generation now handled by GregTech
- Lowered Marble gen from Chisel
- Lategame GT recipe changes (LuV+)
- Assemblyline fixes and more pollution work
- Fixed NEI showing Scanners consuming 50mB of Honey instead of 100mB
- Nerfed Advanced Building Guide
- Fixed SC2 Solar Panel crafting
- Removed Wooden Sickle, re-added Stone Sickle.
- Workaround fix for OC computers not disconecting components on reload, causing "too many components" crash.
- Fixed few formating issues in Guide books
- Added Guide Books for Assembly Line and Large Diesel Engine
- Added info to Large Turbines about different required casings.
- Fixed T1 Rocket Engine returning empty Lighter
- Moved Last Millenium portal out from QED
- Ender rift focus require naquadah rings
- Fixed book dupe issue with crafting QDS
- Try fix for wierd lines in maintenance pages of Guide books if you have "wierd/nonstandart" desktop resolutions
- Removed empty pages in Guide books
- Re-hauled Autoclaving Combs energy usage (to be in line with Crops)
- Removed cheap Naq Alloy recipe
- Fixed crafting of Leggings of the Burning Mantle
- Fire Resist (meta 8259) and Night Vision (meta 8262) potions can be also now used to make KAMI Leggings and Helmet - these potions still need to be 10 minute versions.
- Fixed Alvearies in Nether not having Hellish temperature
- Fixed temperatures of Nitrogen, Oxygen, Methane and Hydrogen gas (now equals to 295K)
- Added compatibility for Astrominer with GregTech ores
- Golems no longer suffocate on Planets/Moons
- Added new Patreons

G

Greyfell309

Guys I have some important information for you:
Comming out soon, just keep an eye on the launcher :)
Quests:
- Added new questline (GalacticCraft)
- Added quests for new GregTech blocks
- "Fast Steel" quest fixed. Now looks only for 128 Wrought Iron.
- Fixed Jackhammer quest
- Rebalanced few quests

Mod Updates:
- GregTech -> 5.09.24
- Buildcraft -> 7.1.18
- Galacticraft -> 3.0.12.463
- Forestry -> 4.2.15.63
- EnderIO -> 2.3.0.429
- EnderCore -> 0.2.0.39
- InfinityCore -> 1.7b

Removed mods:
- GalacticGreg (now integrated within GT)

Changes/Fixes:
- Tungsten Clusters no longer obtainable. Current Tungsten Clusters processing changed (gives Tungstate instead of Tungsten)
- Pollution is now fully implemented (http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&postID=203357#post203357 for more info)
- Massive load time improvements
- More heating coils (old ones need to be replaced/converted - put in crafting table will convert them)
- Marble and Basalt generation now handled by GregTech
- Lowered Marble gen from Chisel
- Lategame GT recipe changes (LuV+)
- Assemblyline fixes and more pollution work
- Fixed NEI showing Scanners consuming 50mB of Honey instead of 100mB
- Nerfed Advanced Building Guide
- Fixed SC2 Solar Panel crafting
- Removed Wooden Sickle, re-added Stone Sickle.
- Workaround fix for OC computers not disconecting components on reload, causing "too many components" crash.
- Fixed few formating issues in Guide books
- Added Guide Books for Assembly Line and Large Diesel Engine
- Added info to Large Turbines about different required casings.
- Fixed T1 Rocket Engine returning empty Lighter
- Moved Last Millenium portal out from QED
- Ender rift focus require naquadah rings
- Fixed book dupe issue with crafting QDS
- Try fix for wierd lines in maintenance pages of Guide books if you have "wierd/nonstandart" desktop resolutions
- Removed empty pages in Guide books
- Re-hauled Autoclaving Combs energy usage (to be in line with Crops)
- Removed cheap Naq Alloy recipe
- Fixed crafting of Leggings of the Burning Mantle
- Fire Resist (meta 8259) and Night Vision (meta 8262) potions can be also now used to make KAMI Leggings and Helmet - these potions still need to be 10 minute versions.
- Fixed Alvearies in Nether not having Hellish temperature
- Fixed temperatures of Nitrogen, Oxygen, Methane and Hydrogen gas (now equals to 295K)
- Added compatibility for Astrominer with GregTech ores
- Golems no longer suffocate on Planets/Moons
- Added new Patreons
Cool, but how we fight back polution?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, but how we fight back polution?
For multiblocks using best possible tiers of Mufflers.
For single block machines, not spamming low tier energy producers and using higher tiers as much as possible.
You cannot forcibly remove pollution. Pollution will dissipate over time on its own at slow rate.

R

Rogash

Does this mean it's better to produce energy as eg. hv and transform it down to lv or are there no differences between the small generators?
Do high pressure Lava boilers produce pollution as well? Are there differences in the produced pollution depending on the fuel type?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to find out how polution works exactly? Like how much does the different machines produce, how much is reduced by different mufflers etc? I havent come accross so much information than this

"Fuel burners and muffler hatches produce 10-100 pollution per second. Every chunks pollution gets updates once per minute."

Also if i wanted to leave suggestions/feedback about polution, how would i go about that?

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Does this mean it's better to produce energy as eg. hv and transform it down to lv or are there no differences between the small generators?
Do high pressure Lava boilers produce pollution as well? Are there differences in the produced pollution depending on the fuel type?
Was tempted to just say Yes, yes and yes. :)

1) It is indeed better to produce higher voltage and transform it down in places where need be.
2) Yes, lava boilers, coal boilers they both produce pollution. Boilers from other mods (like Railcraft boilers) not yet. Blood said he will try to hack into ASM and will try to make them produce pollution as well, if it will be possible or something like that....
3) Yes there are differences. Will not tell you any numbers but: solidfuels > liquid fuels > gas fuels > nuclear > fusion (solid fuels highest pollutors; fusion the lowest)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to find out how polution works exactly? Like how much does the different machines produce, how much is reduced by different mufflers etc? I havent come accross so much information than this

"Fuel burners and muffler hatches produce 10-100 pollution per second. Every chunks pollution gets updates once per minute."

Also if i wanted to leave suggestions/feedback about polution, how would i go about that?
Tagging all mighty @Blood Asp :)

As for feedback suggestions, better to go either on Gregtech 5 forum, Issue Tracker, Gregtech Discord.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
3) Yes there are differences. Will not tell you any numbers but: solidfuels > liquid fuels > gas fuels > nuclear > fusion (solid fuels highest pollutors; fusion the lowest)

Does this mean the machines actually check what fuel they use or?

Crackpot theories of how polution works
The way i think about it in my head right now is that the polution that is produced is based on the burnrate of the reactor. So lets say we have a basic boiler that consumes 10 burnvalue per second that machine would produce 10 polution or some other multiple of this value. (basically the base production of polution is based on fuel consumtion)

With multiblock machines you still have the same base polution production however the muffler cutts the polution by a percentage amount that increases with higher tier mufflers. So low tier mufflers reduces it by lets say 75% and higher tier mufflers reduce it by some amount more untill you are close to 100% reduction at the highest tiers.

Depending if the fuel that is burned you also add a modification value for how much polution is released. Theory 1: So lets say solid fuels are x2, liquid fuels are x1 and gaseous fuels are x0.5. However i guess this would have to be done on a fuel to fuel basis which sounds tedious. Theory 2: Something a lot simpler would be to have it on a burner to burner basis so all solid burners produce x2, liquid burners x1 and gaseous burners x0.5 on a fuel consumption basis.

This way all information regarding the polution release is in the generator multiblocks so very little has to be changed to adjust polution levels.

Am i even close? :D

PS: I also think that the introduction of the polution system would be an excellent time to introduce the concept of flue gas. That would allow you to make really cool integrated gasification/combustion systems like IGCC (integrated gasification combined cycle) which i think is about the coolest thing ever :)

Last edited:

Phoenix_the_II

Jul 29, 2019
Updating from Beta 3.2.10 to Release 3.2.11 gives a:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:524) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:502) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:408) ~[QuestingData$1.class:?]
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:107) ~[FileHelper.class:?]
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:438) ~[QuestingData.class:?]
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23) ~[WorldEventListener.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_737_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140) [EventBus.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:230) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:258) [lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]

R

RomaEcho

What can be wrong, electric blast furnace doesnt want to make hot kanthal ingots? Furnace works fine (aluminium and silicon ingots product well), have cupronikel coils and mv energy hatch, good energy storage. But with kanthal dusts its just doesnt start.

G

Greyfell309

I ran into yet another problem. I am trying to make americium but the recipe requires 49 000 EU voltage. So I have 4 orb clusters (32 k EU voltage) feeding a transformer that should step up the voltage to 132 000 ( ZPM voltage) with 1 amp. But it's draining si clusters waay to slow and my reactor is losing energy very fast. WHAT am I doing worng here? Shouldn't 4 amps of 32 k volts equal to 1 amp 132 k volts? (I did use the soft hammer to invert btw). Please help!

U

UNG_God

sometimes updates are good other times not, i think this will be the second, especially with pollution, with no way to contain it, when grag mention it i asked if he will make a way to deal with it and he said yes, at this point it does not seems like that, only letting things "despawn" 2m is not much really. Damn it, i was so okay with things the way it was, and i had read that blood would stop dev the 1.7 version to focus on the port, but new version is here.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
sometimes updates are good other times not, i think this will be the second, especially with pollution, with no way to contain it, when grag mention it i asked if he will make a way to deal with it and he said yes, at this point it does not seems like that, only letting things "despawn" 2m is not much really. Damn it, i was so okay with things the way it was, and i had read that blood would stop dev the 1.7 version to focus on the port, but new version is here.

There is a config option to disable pollution, unggod.

U

UNG_God

There is a config option to disable pollution, unggod
i know but is kind of unfair to disable it while other play with it, as i do a LP i should be doing everything on default configs.

what a hell!! when i logged in after the update, all my quest are reset, i am back to square one!
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Sorry :(

Time: 10/6/16 4:18 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.getTeam(QuestingData.java:731)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.getAllTeams(QuestingData.java:347)
at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.resetOnTime(Quest.java:1727)
at hardcorequesting.quests.QuestTicker.tick(QuestTicker.java:44)
at hardcorequesting.quests.QuestTicker.tick(QuestTicker.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_486_QuestTicker_tick_ServerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:260)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:536)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:186)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Last edited:
R

Rogash

Okay one thing I dislike about the current state of pollution implementation is that it kills the upscaling of fuel to more energy dense fueles. Eg. unless the power generation from methane will produce almost Zero emmisions in comparison to eg. charcoal no one will go the steam to methane route anymore as you will produce twice the pollution for your power production.
Also will it be considered that eg. Hydrogen burns to pure water and doesn't emit any pollution? Same would go for lava eg. geothermal power. Of course this would bring balance problems....

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Most of you complain about pollution and have yet to experiment with it or thoroughly read about it. You also seem to forget the alternative energy source of Kinetic power which is completely pollution free.

Personally, i'm quite happy with the comming pollution FREE

Edit: fixed a typo. Kinetic energy does not create any pollution.

Last edited: