So just for a challenge, i'm living in the Nether

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
2016-10-01_21.40.59.png

It's...evolving!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So, i'm getting there.

Base is running stably enough on my interim power supply:

2016-10-02_21.26.36.png
2016-10-02_21.30.58.png

I'm building a healthy surplus of ethanol crystals and jet fuel despite perma-running most of my machines with gasoline engines

2016-10-02_21.29.03.png

and Microturbines are just crazily useful when one is just idly producing uranium fuel pellets :)

2016-10-02_21.29.55.png

Because I apparently can't find a way to make my reactor not explode on contact with water in the nether and i'm trying to cut myself off from the overworld as much as possible, my next step will be a custom RFtools dimension to house the reactor and the power conversion equipment (and probably my planned shitpile of extractors, since trans-dimensional transfer of RoC power is probably not going to work over RFtools matter transmitters...

And speaking of the overworld, here's my only protrusion therein:

2016-10-02_21.39.01.png

Basically my original noobcave from before I scrounged up enough obsidian for a portal, I turned it into a little factory for my lube and a couple of ingredients for jet fuel.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChemE and Pyure

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So, i'm getting there.

Base is running stably enough on my interim power supply:

View attachment 29737
View attachment 29743

I'm building a healthy surplus of ethanol crystals and jet fuel despite perma-running most of my machines with gasoline engines

View attachment 29739

and Microturbines are just crazily useful when one is just idly producing uranium fuel pellets :)

View attachment 29741

Because I apparently can't find a way to make my reactor not explode on contact with water in the nether and i'm trying to cut myself off from the overworld as much as possible, my next step will be a custom RFtools dimension to house the reactor and the power conversion equipment (and probably my planned shitpile of extractors, since trans-dimensional transfer of RoC power is probably not going to work over RFtools matter transmitters...

And speaking of the overworld, here's my only protrusion therein:

View attachment 29744

Basically my original noobcave from before I scrounged up enough obsidian for a portal, I turned it into a little factory for my lube and a couple of ingredients for jet fuel.
If you've got ChromatiCraft, the World Rifts can transport shaft power across dimensions. As well as items, fluids, redstone signals, RF, and probably a few more things.

ChC might also actually have a config option to make all the various (gating) worldgen structures spawn in RFTools dimensions. It'd be... hard... to do ChC while staying out of the overworld as much as possible with the default configs.

You could probably also set up a thorium reactor or a breeder in the Nether, then tesseract the hot LiFBe or hot sodium to a heat exchanger in the Overworld or a non-hellish RFTools dimension.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Random nonsense:

So I got my rftools stuff going on, first dimension i've set up is just an excuse to outsource my uranium production as it was running a wee bit slowly, I wanted to expand it but needed some more floor space to do it.

Of course, I needed some sort of building to house it, but I kinda had a funny five minutes and maed this

2016-10-05_18.57.24.png
2016-10-05_18.57.46.png

Bit more effort than I initially envisaged but it looks kinda cool. Atomic temple :3

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
Random nonsense:

So I got my rftools stuff going on, first dimension i've set up is just an excuse to outsource my uranium production as it was running a wee bit slowly, I wanted to expand it but needed some more floor space to do it.

Of course, I needed some sort of building to house it, but I kinda had a funny five minutes and maed this

View attachment 29764
View attachment 29766

Bit more effort than I initially envisaged but it looks kinda cool. Atomic temple :3

Needs a statue.