Percy Jackson and the Mafia of Olympus [Game thread][Werewolves]

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
The reason? I might have derped in some way shape or form that I don't know and it could break the game by using your flavor text.

Which I don't want. :)

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
The first step obviously is absolutely, unequivocally: do not let people slide just because they're "always like this." That makes it way too easy for wolves to hide behind. If you want to be town, act like town. If you want to act like a wolf, expect to be treated like one, period. This is the definition of "actual wolf-hunting."
If that's the case, we should also question Nojr since his usual D1 vote would always be you - which is perfect if he's a wolf looking for a low-risk lynch target. Ideally, I think we should question multiple people in a day. Doing so might prevent the wolfs from simply ganging up on a unlucky town and encourage everyone to explain why they pick camper X over camper Y.

Also vote Nojr, tell me why I should believe you're town and I'll take my vote off (If I'm not sleeping by then).

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Heya! I'm back, Shaz is here, it's time to party.

I'd appreciate it if everyone chimed in on the various pros and cons of voting for Robijn. People gotta take a public stance here.
Dibs. You're both correct in your arguments.

You're accusing Rob (correct me if I'm strawmanning, summarizing arguments) of making the same easy plays every game to prevent himself from being outed as a possible wolf ever, which inhibits information flow and hurts the town. He agreed, saying the town could probably benefit from the lesson but that he himself was unlikely to change.

This lynch is... Weird, I guess, but also kinda responsible of us as a community? It's based more around principle than game-specific wolf-hunting, but it establishes a cool precedent of "Don't act like a wolf or you'll die" for future games.

That being said, though, it's fantastic that this decision's available on the first day. Spending the first lynch to improve town performance across multiple games seems like a good trade to me.

Vote Rob

Reactions: Pyure

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, Rob, I love the implications of this defense.
it's just not like you to not recognise a hopeless case. I mean. I have been like this for several games now. If I were ever to change, I would have done so by now.
Everyone voting you believes they can make a change. Don't you feel loved? :p

Reactions: Robijnvogel

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If that's the case, we should also question Nojr since his usual D1 vote would always be you - which is perfect if he's a wolf looking for a low-risk lynch target. Ideally, I think we should question multiple people in a day. Doing so might prevent the wolfs from simply ganging up on a unlucky town and encourage everyone to explain why they pick camper X over camper Y.

Also vote Nojr, tell me why I should believe you're town and I'll take my vote off (If I'm not sleeping by then).
Agreed. I've actually pushed this case on Nojr a couple times in the past. I'm just doing a better job of it on Rob this game.

BTW: if we lynch Rob and he flips wolf (and I have a funny feeling he will), your vote is probably gonna look poor for you. But I imagine you know that.

Heya! I'm back, Shaz is here, it's time to party.
Dibs. You're both correct in your arguments.
You're accusing Rob (correct me if I'm strawmanning, summarizing arguments) of making the same easy plays every game to prevent himself from being outed as a possible wolf ever, which inhibits information flow and hurts the town. He agreed, saying the town could probably benefit from the lesson but that he himself was unlikely to change.

This lynch is... Weird, I guess, but also kinda responsible of us as a community? It's based more around principle than game-specific wolf-hunting, but it establishes a cool precedent of "Don't act like a wolf or you'll die" for future games.

That being said, though, it's fantastic that this decision's available on the first day. Spending the first lynch to improve town performance across multiple games seems like a good trade to me.

Vote Rob
No logical fallacies to see here. BTW you're providing tons of tone-read material here. I can't help but think this is your wolf-tone, so its gonna be interesting to look back on this at end of game for edumacational reasons.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
BTW: if we lynch Rob and he flips wolf (and I have a funny feeling he will), your vote is probably gonna look poor for you. But I imagine you know that.
Several people will be proved innocent at that point so I don't particularly mind.

Reactions: Pyure

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Well... I'd be almost the only one allowed to claim anything at all. I'm just not sure if I can say it out loud.
Is it just me or is Robin softclaiming Neighbour?

Plus, he doesn't look very wolfy. His vote on Pyure means near nothing that early in the game. It isn't like Pyure was particularly in danger of being lynched. The only thing which might be suspicious about him is that he seems to be avoiding the topic when he raised the issue about roleclaiming, but that isn't very suspicious either.

I get it if you guys want to lynch him to "teach him a lesson", and I think that's a pretty solid reason for lynching, but I honestly just don't like this wagon

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is it just me or is Robin softclaiming Neighbour?

Plus, he doesn't look very wolfy. His vote on Pyure means near nothing that early in the game. It isn't like Pyure was particularly in danger of being lynched. The only thing which might be suspicious about him is that he seems to be avoiding the topic when he raised the issue about roleclaiming, but that isn't very suspicious either.

I get it if you guys want to lynch him to "teach him a lesson", and I think that's a pretty solid reason for lynching, but I honestly just don't like this wagon
Its not really a wagon yet. And I am liking it a lot because its meeting some resistance from a lot of angles.

Call it a gut read if you like but just based off his responses (and sudden lack thereof) I genuinely think we randomly hit a wolf D1.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Some people sleep at night, Pyure.

I'm about to be lynched (I believe) and before I die I'd just like to say that I distrust Pyure and trust Sora. I don't really know about Nojr...

Keep lynching me though. I think town will profit from it.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Some people sleep at night, Pyure.

I'm about to be lynched (I believe) and before I die I'd just like to say that I distrust Pyure and trust Sora. I don't really know about Nojr...

How will we profit from your demise?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Why do you distrust me?
Why do you trust Sora?
What's so special about Nojr?
If I'm right, town will definitely profit from lynching you. If I'm wrong, how can town possibly profit? If you're thinking that suspicion leads to me and I'll get lynched...we don't profit from that.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I hope the others will be able to tell you, however mafia probably knows who they are.

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
Why do you trust Sora?
What's so special about Nojr?
We're neighbors, along with RealKC. There's also a possibility that one of us is a mafia, hence the reason behind my last post.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Yush, us neighbours are in a chat together, but instead of being with three, we are with four, for which only the hidden powers of the goon or neighbour+ may provide an explanation. So far, we think there's probably a mafia mole among the four of us.

And because Sora said this:
Several people will be proved innocent at that point so I don't particularly mind.
I townread Sora.

Nojr has been very careful with his choice of words, even within our group chat, which is why I don't know what to think of him.
RealKC has been very silent in our chat, claiming he was doing other stuff (Redit?).

*Even though, since I am not a wolf, no-one will be proven town by my death.

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Erin
Honestly this boils down to hes either a wolf looking for an easy lynch or he just doesn't like you Pyure.

I'm not sure which one it is atm
Or you know it could've been a joke or something. You never know. I find it weird how you basically just limited the options to 2, both of which will probably get him lynched. Sounds like a wolf trying to confuse people or sth

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Vote Erin

Or you know it could've been a joke or something. You never know. I find it weird how you basically just limited the options to 2, both of which will probably get him lynched. Sounds like a wolf trying to confuse people or sth
I really don't think he's "just joking" at this point