Percy Jackson and the Mafia of Olympus [Game thread][Werewolves]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I am a simple man.

I see a wagon, I vote Pyure.
To also be clear, you get killed a lot in the early game because even as town, you do protect-the-wolf actions such as "always vote pyure."

Its funny for you, but it only helps wolves, so it makes sense to just remove you from the game since you're explicitly trying to hurt town.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Hmm, I intended for this to be a joke at first, but now I am seriously starting to suspect you, Pyure.
I think it's believable and expected for you to correctly point out my motives and try to teach a newbie a lesson, but it's just not like you to not recognise a hopeless case. I mean. I have been like this for several games now. If I were ever to change, I would have done so by now.
If you were town, you would diverge your attention to actual wolf-hunting instead of wasting your time on me.

By the way, I do agree with you, that town could benefit from my death, even though I am town myself.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not sure how your "seriously starting to suspect" me is any different than your usual self or why I should care. You're not a hopeless case. If you haven't changed yet, its just because you have been poorly incentivised to do so. That's our fault, not yours. And I cannot allow you to go without the proper incentives you deserve.

I promised myself in the last game that I would put more pressure on players that made zero case to assist in the wolf hunt. If we had done that last game, town wouldn't have done so poorly.

The first step obviously is absolutely, unequivocally: do not let people slide just because they're "always like this." That makes it way too easy for wolves to hide behind. If you want to be town, act like town. If you want to act like a wolf, expect to be treated like one, period. This is the definition of "actual wolf-hunting."

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I am a simple man.

I see a wagon, I vote Pyure.
That's not much of a wagon... especially not this early in the first day of the game, when even a player with quite a few votes could squeeze their way out of it. If, say, 70% of the living players were voting for the same person and most of them had good reasons to do so (like the people voting for me in that game where I was a jester), then joining that bandwagon would make perfect sense, whatever your role- after all, you're voting with two thirds of the rest of the players, and if you express the same opinion as them, they're likely to think you're on their side. If you purposely vote off of a well-established bandwagon, you're going to draw some attention.

In this case, however, it just looks like you're looking for an easy way out. I find myself agreeing with Pyure here...
Vote Robijn

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'd appreciate it if everyone chimed in on the various pros and cons of voting for Robijn. People gotta take a public stance here.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Honestly this boils down to hes either a wolf looking for an easy lynch or he just doesn't like you Pyure.

I'm not sure which one it is atm

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
No name claiming is a bit weird though.
I mean, can't I just claim NOT to be [list of all people I am not]?
And how would claiming the name of the role I got even help me? All town names are known, after all, so all wolves would claim a duplicate of a town name.
I see how this would help town. If we were allowed to name-claim, town could force everyone to do so and all people who would refuse or claim a double name, would be suspected of being non-town.

Can we even claim to NOT be anyone? That would eventually allow us to claim names by transition, no?
I guess all we can claim or "disclaim" is roles and alignments then? Then what about characters with a unique role (everyone except the normal neighbours)? For them claiming their role would be practically the same as name-claiming. If I claimed to be the reporter, I'd practically claim to be Hermes and if I claimed watcher, Chiron, and so on and so on.

So Dylan, you can not claim to be or not to be anything anywhere? Then how the heck are we supposed to play this game?

Well... I'd be almost the only one allowed to claim anything at all. I'm just not sure if I can say it out loud.

Oh and, I've only slept like 4 hours tops last night, so if I make zero sense, that is my explanation.

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
@Robijnvogel you can claim your role, so you can claim to be "the tracker" or "the rolecop"

Name claiming in any way shape or form is just banned.

If you'd claim reporter aka claim hermes thats your choice. You just can not say you're hermes.

Ofcourse others can talk about you like "I think he might be hermes" that is no problem.

:)