Gotham a game of Mafia [Werewolf][Signups]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Combining them wouldn't really make sense, they don't work together.
Nor should they in this game. That's another point I made: too many groups make for a broken game of mafia. See last game: If you have three groups (town, wolves, crost), the loser is whoever fails to team up. Period. Its dumb.

The neutrals in this game shouldn't know each other. You may say it makes no sense that the League don't know each other, but it makes no sense that the cop doesnt know who the doctor is in mafia too: that's the whole point of the game.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Nor should they in this game. That's another point I made: too many groups make for a broken game of mafia. See last game: If you have three groups (town, wolves, crost), the loser is whoever fails to team up. Period. Its dumb.

The neutrals in this game shouldn't know each other. You may say it makes no sense that the League don't know each other, but it makes no sense that the cop doesnt know who the doctor is in mafia too: that's the whole point of the game.
I guess.

C

CorpseCat

It comes down to this. How do you balance flavor and fidelity to the source material with design integrity? Which is more important to you?

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Take a look at my SpyWolf games. I've always felt that, with the inherent chaos, a max of three groups with clear, executable goals is the best any game can support. This is on top of certain players knowing a certain # of other players (eg the wolf team), as there can only be a limited # at one time or it devolves into groupthink sessions lead by Pyure.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
My game had 4 teams. It wasn't a clusterfuck either, just a lot of people had no idea what to do

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
My game had 3 teams.

Well, one team started off with just one guy, then grew throughout the game.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
we're starting 6/6/16 if we can't get more members. :\
Um, just in case you missed my last post just checking since my name isn't removed from the player list yet >_>
Sorry, but I'll have to drop out. I will be going on a trip soon and I don't think I will be able to continue playing during that time.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Shalom, boys, we're back. Shame on all of you; Dylan's had "Profags" in the OP for like a week and a half and no one's called him on it.

@dylanpiera: Still looking for signups? Will one person make a difference here, or will I just throw off your even number of ten?

Reactions: profrags

dylanpiera

Jul 29, 2019
@dylanpiera you're late
emoji14.png

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Excuse me excuse me,

have you ever heard, of this miraculous thing called drugs?
well i've been getting addicted to a new one, its called Overwatch.
A bunch of friends of mine bought me this game yesterday while I was gone the whole day, came home and had to play with them.
Btw, first game this happened:
upload_2016-6-7_10-42-1.png

@dylanpiera: Still looking for signups? Will one person make a difference here, or will I just throw off your even number of ten?
Welcome back shazam, Just in time. You're in as we're about to send out the role pms!

Reactions: Shazam08

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Excuse me excuse me,

have you ever heard, of this miraculous thing called drugs?
well i've been getting addicted to a new one, its called Overwatch.
A bunch of friends of mine bought me this game yesterday while I was gone the whole day, came home and had to play with them.
Btw, first game this happened:
View attachment 27859

Welcome back shazam, Just in time. You're in as we're about to send out the role pms!
So have I

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting enough, the spittlebutt that I've heard is that Overwatch is the scavenged remains of Blizzard's Project Titan. Which explains the rich background for what is basically Team Fortress 2.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Interesting enough, the spittlebutt that I've heard is that Overwatch is the scavenged remains of Blizzard's Project Titan. Which explains the rich background for what is basically Team Fortress 2.

1. Yes it is.
2. Have you played it AT ALL? It's nothing like TF2.