FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good method for building/auto spawning withers? ( I'm not up to Formation planes/AE yet)

I started with AA/block placers:

Tried Ender IO but the conduits won't control the block placers can't seem to get input and signal to all 7 placers.

Almost thinking to put 9 stacks of stock in to each manually... then only need to run the timer circuit...

Can you auto spawn skeletons and drop them in Witch water in your killing chamber? I think that works? If we have autospawners and safari nets.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Can you auto spawn skeletons and drop them in Witch water in your killing chamber? I think that works? If we have autospawners and safari nets.
I think he implied that he already has a supply of skulls, so Wither-fying skeletons wouldn't help much. He's trying to automate the creation of Wither bosses.

As a vague answer to that question, I know that there's really no good way to pulse autonomous activators. You can turn them on or off, but while they're on, they'll pretty well fire whenever they want. You might have better luck with block placers from some other mod. There's a few out there; look in NEI and see which one's recipe you like the most.

As for EnderIO conduits being weird, do note that the redstone conduits may not connect to your block breakers automatically- you may have to force the connection with a yeta wrench. Also note a redstone conduit in the same block as an item conduit can turn the item conduit on or off- be sure your item conduits either are set to ignore redstone or have their signal color set to a channel you're not using for redstone.

V

vodamark

So... Plutonium... What kind of system do you guys have for producing it? My reactor produces 24 nuggets of plutonium per cycle. So, if I wanted to accumulate 6x64 plutonium needed for 1 stack of iridium, it would take me 144 reactor cycles, lol. So... My idea is to create 24 reactors and then need "only" 6 cycles. Any thoughts?

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
So... Plutonium... What kind of system do you guys have for producing it? My reactor produces 24 nuggets of plutonium per cycle. So, if I wanted to accumulate 6x64 plutonium needed for 1 stack of iridium, it would take me 144 reactor cycles, lol. So... My idea is to create 24 reactors and then need "only" 6 cycles. Any thoughts?

Only spend the First two Plutonium getting the first Iridium, you will need the plutonium later for big reactors and such... Additionally switch to MOX rods asap (if you haven't already), they cycle faster so increase your plutonium production

UU matter for Iridium after that., you can do the first stack of Iridium in a couple days that way

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
ok I'm losing my mind. Where/how do i get netherwart to grow? The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to breed Glowstone seeds. If I can do that I can set up a few glowstone and redstone farms near my power Reactant Dynamos. I can then feed redstone into a Magma Crucible and feed it into the dynamos and a Liquid trans which I can feed Glowstone into for blaze power. But I can't seem to get them to grow. Do I need to go to the nether first?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a block directly above any of the crops? If so they won't grow at all.

Most people do it because they have to be in a dark area but putting the block right above agricraft crops stops them from growing outright.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, so has spawning been tweaked? I know there's compressed mobs, but I just set up a mob farm (spent all day - yeah, time sink; having automated sieves helps... - making a 35x35 floor of conveyor belts - 3x3 middle, starts 64 blocks high up), and that thing is KICKING with just 1 level! (hoppers are already full!). I was wondering how I was gonna get ender pearls without there being an End (and ender lilies) without going the early Botania route for the Loonium - going the tech route - but after just 5 seconds of that mob farm.... WOW! :eek:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hmmm, so has spawning been tweaked? I know there's compressed mobs, but I just set up a mob farm (spent all day - yeah, time sink; having automated sieves helps... - making a 35x35 floor of conveyor belts - 3x3 middle, starts 64 blocks high up), and that thing is KICKING with just 1 level! (hoppers are already full!). I was wondering how I was gonna get ender pearls without there being an End (and ender lilies) without going the early Botania route for the Loonium - going the tech route - but after just 5 seconds of that mob farm.... WOW! :eek:
Well, it is a skyblock. Darkrooms in skyblock maps are well-known for producing lots of mobs, since there's nowhere else for them to spawn.

Also, FYI, you can get to the End by way of an End Cake and a handful of Eyes of Ender. Yes, there's a dragon.

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it is a skyblock. Darkrooms in skyblock maps are well-known for producing lots of mobs, since there's nowhere else for them to spawn.

Also, FYI, you can get to the End by way of an End Cake and a handful of Eyes of Ender. Yes, there's a dragon.

Yeah, I know about the End Cake - just that there's no land. :) (makes that pesky dragon pretty deadly...)

I've made mob farms before in Skyblock maps - at least the Etho-style mobfarms, which I guess was much more passive. I even tried Immersive Engineering conveyors, which for some reason didn't have many spawns when I last tested it (months ago - maybe it was bugged then?).

Anyway, for anyone who wants to see, I made a raw video of the mob farm in action -

Also, one buggy thing I've noticed - when I had a passive mob farm (just 2 rows of 16 blocks that were 24 blocks away), mobs (always zombies) seemed to teleport one or two floors below for some strange reason...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Do you have a block directly above any of the crops? If so they won't grow at all.

Most people do it because they have to be in a dark area but putting the block right above agricraft crops stops them from growing outright.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
No a put them in a dark room 3 high out side. doesn't really seem to matter it just keeps saying they can't grow here. I don't mind going to the nether if that is what must be done just don't have the portal up yet cause I haven't really needed to go really.

Note: Never mind I went for Cinder seeds instead.

Last edited:

Crazyjestor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on version 1.1.0 of FTB IES. I'm unable to get Are shards from hammering sandstone slabs. am i doing something wrong?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
arrr i see manually placing the sandstone slabs on top of each other. so theres no automatically hammering then for this
Maybe you could use an autonomous activator to place and hammer them? That'd be the first thing I'd try anyway.

Whatever works it'll be trickier than the normal auto-hammer machine though.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you could use an autonomous activator to place and hammer them? That'd be the first thing I'd try anyway.

Whatever works it'll be trickier than the normal auto-hammer machine though.
I do this. It works. (8k air shards overnight)

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, technical design challenge this time...

I want to send an on/off signal across dimensions, based on inventory levels... In the past I have done this with a B-Space barrel with a comparator on the receiving end. (object in barrel = redstone signal)

While this is great if I am monitoring the situation, if I am not there I can't put/take to the barrel.

I'm not so good with redstone wiring, but I'm thinking there is some way to set up an AND gate rig that looks at the inventory levels of two barrels and as long as both are above a threshold, it sends a signal... well sort of... I need it to place an item in a barrel and then take it out when below levels... This I think I can do with item conduits...

Or am I way overthinking this and missing out on a simpler solution?

Edit: I just realized that once I have the AND gate setup I can do it in the other dimension. I can make my supply the B-space barrels and read them from there. No need to send signal across dimensions.

Last edited: