[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Conveyor belts will not output the correct stacksize anymore.

The reason for the lag is the huge inventory that has to be checked every time it tries to inout or output something. Trying to input into a full super buffer multiple times a sec or exporting into another huge and partly filled inventory is making it even worse.

So make sure it does not completely fill up, insert if possible bigger Stacks with lower frequency and what I can't see on the pic: does it output directly into a machine and not into a chest or other big inventory?
The super buffer is outputting 9 item stacks into a Packager with a 3x3 schematic in it. The super buffer is receiving tiny dusts and nuggets at a pretty fast pace from a ULV type filter that is connected to 3 D-O-B Separators (forestry centrifuges).
mm6pu2J.png

Any chance that splitting off the output from the type filter using enderio advanced filters for the tiny dusts into 2 separate chest buffers (instead of 1 super buffer) would be more efficient?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I have currently no idea how the super buffer is really coded. Can you try if stopping input or removing the target machine does reduce the lag? So if input or output generates the lag.

1. remove output target and let it gather Materials for a bit while Monitoring lag.
2. remove input and do a short Test of lag without any interaction.
3. put back the output target and Monitor output lag.
4. put back input so System is back like before and see if lag changes again.

Usually i have 3 superbuffer with 2 packager and 1 alloysmelter(Nuggets and ingot mold). But not for lag reasons, but for more troughput.

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
I found the problem.
In the manufacture of ID 4125: 180 requires Red Alloy Plate (ID 5709: 17308), but you can create only ID 5709:17810

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2016-05-13 в 21.05.04.png
    Снимок экрана 2016-05-13 в 21.05.04.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Снимок экрана 2016-05-13 в 21.05.12.png
    Снимок экрана 2016-05-13 в 21.05.12.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Do NOT! share IDs! These are generated on world creation and different for everyone. If you want to really help, give the item name. To get that, you can use for example the minetweaker command "/mt hand" while holding the item you want to know of in you hand.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone Plates and Red Alloy plates are two different things. Redstone plate is just redstone made into plate. Red Alloy is Copper + Redstone alloy.

P

Pyromancer56

So are the Magic Energy Absorbers intended to be useless now? A single Grandmaster Magic Energy Absorber (2048) with a Dragon Egg can't even power a 512 machine.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So are the Magic Energy Absorbers intended to be useless now? A single Grandmaster Magic Energy Absorber (2048) with a Dragon Egg can't even power a 512 machine.
Dragon eggs are lower, they can still generate power from centivis, essentia, ender crystals, and enchantments the same as ever. Think you can even combine multiple at once to get more power.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I have some questions for any of the Infitech players who have played the latest version from the beginning:

What is the minimum amount of time in game hours that you'd expect to spend on gathering and refining resources preparing for the Steam Era?

What is the minimum amount of needed resources one would have to gather for the Steam Era?

Is there any point to wasting more time gathering more of a particular resource from a vein even if you don't expect to use it straight away? This assumes that if you don't collected unneeded resources that you'd only mine through them as necessary.

I'm beginning to wonder if I overspend time on locating or gathering resources instead of just getting a minimum amount for what I need.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

P

Pyromancer56

Dragon eggs are lower, they can still generate power from centivis, essentia, ender crystals, and enchantments the same as ever. Think you can even combine multiple at once to get more power.
I don't know what you mean by Dragon Eggs are lower. Prior to 3.2.5's "Lowered EU/t gained from Dragon Eggs and Vis" a Dragon Egg on a 2048 Absorber could power 4 512 machines just fine. A Magic Energy Absorber can only have one source of power and it can only be powered by a Dragon Egg or Centi-vis. Pretty sure Ender Crystals and Enchantments only worked in GT4 and essentia doesn't work at all. Some clarity on what is going on would be appreciated as it seems like the Absorber overall is now a waste of time and material. It would also make the changes for making Dragon Eggs feel pointless if it was just going to be nerfed to oblivion since that is the only use for a true Dragon Egg.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what you mean by Dragon Eggs are lower. Prior to 3.2.5's "
Lowered EU/t gained from Dragon Eggs and Vis" a Dragon Egg on a 2048 Absorber could power 4 512 machines just fine. A Magic Energy Absorber can only have one source of power and it can only be powered by a Dragon Egg or Centi-vis. Pretty sure Ender Crystals and Enchantments only worked in GT4 and essentia doesn't work at all. Some clarity on what is going on would be appreciated as it seems like the Absorber overall is now a waste of time and material. It would also make the changes for making Dragon Eggs feel pointless if it was just going to be nerfed to oblivion since that is the only use for a true Dragon Egg.
I meant that the egg has been lowered to 500EU/t from the previous value of 2048EU/t.

Have to double check but I'm pretty sure they're all compatible, anyway I've definitely tested and can tell you that essentia, enchantments, and ended crystals all definitely work. Note due to a bug enchanted books didn't work past I checked, but enchanted tools worked fine.

But yes the EV absorber is less useful now that the dragon egg only provides HV levels of power, it's no longer effectively an EV solar panel that works at night. You can still use an EV absorber to generate EV levels of power but you'll need something more complex than just throwing a dragon egg on top.

P

Pyromancer56

I meant that the egg has been lowered to 500EU/t from the previous value of 2048EU/t.

Have to double check but I'm pretty sure they're all compatible, anyway I've definitely tested and can tell you that essentia, enchantments, and ended crystals all definitely work. Note due to a bug enchanted books didn't work past I checked, but enchanted tools worked fine.

But yes the EV absorber is less useful now that the dragon egg only provides HV levels of power, it's no longer effectively an EV solar panel that works at night. You can still use an EV absorber to generate EV levels of power but you'll need something more complex than just throwing a dragon egg on top.
Well those don't seem like they'd ever power the EV absorber so it would have to be a node. Have a 210 (35 CV of each aspect) CV node that maxes out a HV absorber and the efficiency of the EV absorber makes it output less than 512 EU/t. Any idea what the CV required to max an EV absorber is?

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
I can not create a printed circuit board in a chemical bath

Help me to understand

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2016-05-14 в 9.20.47.png
    Снимок экрана 2016-05-14 в 9.20.47.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 58

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Well those don't seem like they'd ever power the EV absorber so it would have to be a node. Have a 210 (35 CV of each aspect) CV node that maxes out a HV absorber and the efficiency of the EV absorber makes it output less than 512 EU/t. Any idea what the CV required to max an EV absorber is?
So the way CV works with the absorbers specialization is better. The way the actual formula works is it raises all six aspects to the power of four, sums them, gives an efficiency bonus of 15% for every aspect over 4 after the first one, then accounts for the efficiency of the generator before dividing by 25000? That last bit might be 2500 actually but I don't think so. Anyway that means focusing on just one aspect is better, scaling with the fourth power does that. So a node with 35CV of each vis that'd make it 441 EU/t in a HV absorber, alternatively for a 210 CV node that was 5 of 5 of them and 185 of the other it'd make about 49k EU/t in an EV absorber, by those numbers the minimum total amount of vis to max an EV absorber is 97 CV of a single type. Assuming all the aspects were equal you'd need 54CV of each aspect. Note though I'm pretty sure it can drain from multiple nodes at once, so three nodes with 18CV of each aspect is just as good as one node with 54CV of each aspect.

As for essentia or enchants, it'd really depend on what way you make them, you'd be right that you'd be hard pressed to supply them fast enough. Essentia the best bet would be an automated tempestas setup most likely, each point of that should generate 6400EU if I'm reading this right which would make it need about 6/second. A tough amount but that should be doable with a decent amount of effort, for 2048EU/t it could be worth it if you're not abusing bees or anything. Enchantments are more complex, but a test with 10 buckets of liquid xp and the openblocks auto-enchanter set to level 1 gave about 30 enchanted tools (dark steel was used for maximum enchantability) which totalled to 960k EU, so about 96 EU/mB which is actually a pretty good output for a fuel, you'd need a good mob farm to keep though, at least the auto-enchanter seems to enchant at a blazingly fast speed. If you figured out how to do something like automate the dragon essence altar you could improve it further as that can upgrade enchants, can't automate getting dragon essence though which could make things tricky. A good enough method of automating enchanting items could work though, maybe you could do something with thaumcraft?

@Bob558 did you make sure to put it in a UV light box first? Otherwise you can't etch it.

P

Pyromancer56

So the way CV works with the absorbers specialization is better. The way the actual formula works is it raises all six aspects to the power of four, sums them, gives an efficiency bonus of 15% for every aspect over 4 after the first one, then accounts for the efficiency of the generator before dividing by 25000? That last bit might be 2500 actually but I don't think so. Anyway that means focusing on just one aspect is better, scaling with the fourth power does that. So a node with 35CV of each vis that'd make it 441 EU/t in a HV absorber, alternatively for a 210 CV node that was 5 of 5 of them and 185 of the other it'd make about 49k EU/t in an EV absorber, by those numbers the minimum total amount of vis to max an EV absorber is 97 CV of a single type. Assuming all the aspects were equal you'd need 54CV of each aspect. Note though I'm pretty sure it can drain from multiple nodes at once, so three nodes with 18CV of each aspect is just as good as one node with 54CV of each aspect.

As for essentia or enchants, it'd really depend on what way you make them, you'd be right that you'd be hard pressed to supply them fast enough. Essentia the best bet would be an automated tempestas setup most likely, each point of that should generate 6400EU if I'm reading this right which would make it need about 6/second. A tough amount but that should be doable with a decent amount of effort, for 2048EU/t it could be worth it if you're not abusing bees or anything. Enchantments are more complex, but a test with 10 buckets of liquid xp and the openblocks auto-enchanter set to level 1 gave about 30 enchanted tools (dark steel was used for maximum enchantability) which totalled to 960k EU, so about 96 EU/mB which is actually a pretty good output for a fuel, you'd need a good mob farm to keep though, at least the auto-enchanter seems to enchant at a blazingly fast speed. If you figured out how to do something like automate the dragon essence altar you could improve it further as that can upgrade enchants, can't automate getting dragon essence though which could make things tricky. A good enough method of automating enchanting items could work though, maybe you could do something with thaumcraft?

@Bob558 did you make sure to put it in a UV light box first? Otherwise you can't etch it.
Thanks for the info. I had come across something about how the CV to EU worked but couldn't find it again. I have tried multiple nodes on one absorber and particles only flow from one node into the absorber but if you use Vis Relays from the other nodes they light up as if something is drawing power from them. So I'm not sure if it's working or just a visual bug.

Only reliable source of Tempestas is the mana bean as far as I know but the absorber only accepts essentia when placed inside it as a jar right? The Osmotic Enchanter can't be automated, otherwise that would probably work decently. Infusion Altar enchanting only produces books so I think the Auto-Enchantment Table would be the best option for that route.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Only reliable source of Tempestas is the mana bean as far as I know but the absorber only accepts essentia when placed inside it as a jar right? The Osmotic Enchanter can't be automated, otherwise that would probably work decently. Infusion Altar enchanting only produces books so I think the Auto-Enchantment Table would be the best option for that route.
Clouds from chisel have 1 tempestas and you get something like 40ish clouds per bottle, automating that'd be a bit tricky though. And yeah essentia is only accept if either phials or jars of it are put in, anything that can be used to store essentia should work really but it has to be inserted in item form. Producing books would be an issue though yeah, maybe if you could somehow apply the enchants to an item?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Just to put part of that into perspective. I've been culturing a node with 6 apiaries of empowering bees for approximately a month. It just finally broke 2000 vis on the highest aspect which is about 44 cV. It needs closer to 3000 vis on each aspect in order to hit 54 cV of each aspect, maybe a tad less if it's a bright node.

Also, bees are about 200 times faster than feeding a hungry node from my testing.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you speed that up a ton with more bees? While they can only boost one node each boost if a node fails the boost check (chance to boost lowers with larger nodes) it should try another node, and you could easily get a ton of bees around them, would the jars with drones work even better? Can those be automated?

But yeah, getting passive generation of EV shouldn't be easy, passive generation of large quantities in general should be tricky, and if you can actually combine nodes it gets quadratically easier I believe? Is that the right scaling? Should be as it'd let you scale sideways which is linear increase in cost vs the quadratic increase in cost from scaling up a node. Although since you need fusion for the EV generator it's a bit worse there.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Why is it that red or black granite Iron Ore from GregTech cannot be pulverized for a chance at a second output in a Quartz Grindstone from AE2 but similarly colored ore from Galacticraft Planets can be pulverized in the same machine?

From my understanding of Galacticraft, it's going to be a long time before I will ever get my hands on any of it's ores, and I don't see why I cannot pulverize the red/black granite ores from GregTech in a Quartz Grindstone to make doubling them up a little easier. I also understand that by the time I get to Galacticraft, I will have built a processing system that would be way more powerful than a Quartz Grindstone would ever be at that stage of the modpack progression tree.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid