FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
I made one with 15, Had to use diamond blocks tho since I'm out of Electrotine, still getting almost 8k rf/t so it solved the issue. ;-) (have the setup tied to a power monitor to turn on/off the recycler setup)

That allowed my iridium build to finish up over night, now at around 100 Iridium. ME storage here I come.
There is a pretty good big reactor setup with minimal waste that requires 25 fuel rods 20 diamond blocks and 16 buckets of liquid ender. the entire structure is 7x7x7(inside is 5x5x5) just have the 5 rods in the center in an X shape with diamond blocks on the middle sides with ender flowing from the top. Makes about 11.5k rf/t with the least amount of waste per rf (i dont know the math for it)
2016-05-11_20.37.17.png

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Who is using what for a mid-game power? I'm just getting started with producing my UU matter for Iridium and it's guzzling my power so fast!!! I did make my wither killing setup, and I can manually kill them currently to feed a Nether star generator, but that is just a bit too manual for me so far... I know I can (relatively soon) automate that, but was wondering if there was a better power source in this range?

I'm still about 20 RTG Pellets from a decent Big Reactor, and slowly converting to MOX cores for my 2x Stable reactors, I have one advanced Solar so far and working up from there...

I can't help but think I'm missing something...
if you need to kill withers automatically but cant get the grinder yet, there is always the bellethorn flower from botania. it is slow but its easy.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
if you need to kill withers automatically but cant get the grinder yet, there is always the bellethorn flower from botania. it is slow but its easy.
If you check back a few pages you will see they have talked about these things he is really close to making the DE one but need to increase their RF output by %k more untill they had all the Pellets they needed for the reactor design. They went with a smaller design for now till they get get the number of rods needed for their design.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey I posted a few page of a Manual doubling method that produce massive ammounts of ingots. This is A pic of the auto set up. You want to set the out from the 2nd chest to the 1st one to Crushed ore white listed and then the output from the 2nd chest to the 2nd Auto compressor to the dust ore. Also if you are sieving sand and dust feed those ore into the 2nd chest but feed gravel ore to the 1st chest. I get about 4 stacks plus ~20 ingots from 1 stack of gravel ore. Enjoys!

Attachments

• 2016-05-11_12.41.00.png
    2016-05-11_12.41.00.png
    337.2 KB · Views: 67

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so, why are the rftools dimlets enabled, get them as drops, the dimlet resarcher/enscriber enabled, etc, yet the dimension builder is disabled?

and before the snarky well ofc it's disabled, it's op, that's not the point of my question. If you are going to disable the key piece of the dimension creation process, why not disable all the bits? or am I missing something not so obvious?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
so, why are the rftools dimlets enabled, get them as drops, the dimlet resarcher/enscriber enabled, etc, yet the dimension builder is disabled?

and before the snarky well ofc it's disabled, it's op, that's not the point of my question. If you are going to disable the key piece of the dimension creation process, why not disable all the bits? or am I missing something not so obvious?
Maybe they like the names of them. Dimlet is kind of cute name. rofl

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
so I got to the nether just to see what was there, I see some nodes and nothing else but void. But, a short distance from where my portal came in I saw these blue lights. got over to where they were and they literally are just very short 1-3 block comets that come and go. there is no waila, they are not wisps and they all seem to be aiming for something that's invisible, a single spot that has nothing there. Any clue? I'm no stranger at all to mc but I don't recall seeing anything like this before.

I tried to make some pathways in the nether to get aura nodes but the zombie pigmen and hell hound spawns were just crazy and I didn't feel like half slabing everything.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I tried to make some pathways in the nether to get aura nodes but the zombie pigmen and hell hound spawns were just crazy and I didn't feel like half slabing everything.
there are a bunch of non spawnable blocks, :)!

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Perhaps I'll get around to it eventually, just easier in the overworld, build a pathway, drop some torches. All you have to worry about are some slimes.
I just use clear glass. nothing can spawn on that.

so I got to end and dragon was pushover for the bow I had, and went around and found those same blue lights in the end as well. very very strange indeed.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast

My guess is that they wanted to keep RF Tools in for the other benefits it has but disable the dimension builder to keep it in the skyblock only theme. That way you can't use RF Tools to create a world to mine/build in. But that is just a guess and I don't think there would be an easy way to disable the dimlet drops.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
I just use clear glass. nothing can spawn on that.

so I got to end and dragon was pushover for the bow I had, and went around and found those same blue lights in the end as well. very very strange indeed.

Not a bad idea. I have the huge smeltery, I should use it. But no torches on glass.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
If you check back a few pages you will see they have talked about these things he is really close to making the DE one but need to increase their RF output by %k more untill they had all the Pellets they needed for the reactor design. They went with a smaller design for now till they get get the number of rods needed for their design.

Yup, I made the DE grinder with no -real- issue. And I build/drop the withers on a translocation plate like Soaryn did, but I send them into a tiny room where they begin to suffocate anyhow. LOL But the DE Grinder will kill quite a few with a single block of Coal Coke. I think I got more than 30 dead with one block building them as fast as I could...

On the Big Reactors front... While it is generating the power I was after, the damn thing is hemorrhaging fuel. Does someone know the exact "adjusted" fuel consumption rate for this pack? instead of .1mb rate I'm seeing close to .87mb. which leads me back to the long term focus of solar, since any reactor that is bigger (AKA my original planned build) will not be sustainable in any worthwhile measure...

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
My guess is that they wanted to keep RF Tools in for the other benefits it has but disable the dimension builder to keep it in the skyblock only theme. That way you can't use RF Tools to create a world to mine/build in. But that is just a guess and I don't think there would be an easy way to disable the dimlet drops.
yeah I got that, and again, it wasn't really a question of whether or not to allow dimension creation in the pack, cause obviously the intent (in hindsight) was to disable that. So let's just put that aside.

My problem was allowing the dimlet researcher, and encscriber to be enabled for example and not disabling the recipe for those. You could also set the dimlet drop rate very very low or set to zero I think in the config as well. I made a lot of assumptions, and was my fault that I didn't check every single recipe, but I had dimlets in my inventory, I could make a researcher and enscriber and should have gone one more step lol but I didn't. thus I wasted 100 million rf making 2 resonant frames and then rftools building blocks in prep to make a simple dimension so I could mine for shards, then realized I couldn't, which again, is my fault for not looking at each and every recipe, especially in this pack.

Yeah, this is an interesting pack but my base is already fps hit hard and I wanted to make runes and saw it needed witchery which is one of those mods I could never appreciate tho I went through all of it in regrowth. so yeah, I gives up lol at least till I get a better puter.

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
yeah I got that, and again, it wasn't really a question of whether or not to allow dimension creation in the pack, cause obviously the intent (in hindsight) was to disable that. So let's just put that aside.

Yeah, this is an interesting pack but my base is already fps hit hard and I wanted to make runes and saw it needed witchery which is one of those mods I could never appreciate tho I went through all of it in regrowth. so yeah, I gives up lol at least till I get a better puter.

You need Botania to do Bloodmagic, need Bloodmagic to progress in Botania, You need Witchery to start Bloodmagic...... Its all inter related. I'm trying to get the Rowan Alder and Hawthorne to start witchery (and blood magic) but I distracted by seeds again. But I have all the metal and mineral seeds made now. The only seeds I haven't made as of this moment is witchery seeds.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good method for building/auto spawning withers? ( I'm not up to Formation planes/AE yet)

I started with AA/block placers:

Tried Ender IO but the conduits won't control the block placers can't seem to get input and signal to all 7 placers.

Almost thinking to put 9 stacks of stock in to each manually... then only need to run the timer circuit...