Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Just make sure it isn't red, and you're good to ████!

And if it is red, I can do the following things?
  1. ██████ the ███ and ███
  2. ███ and the ██████ will allow me to ███, so I can ████████ that way.
  3. If I ███ the █████, I can ██ ████.
  4. To measure the radius, I'd have to use: █.██████████████, then I could ████████ the ██████.
Those'd work, right? Number █ seems kinda ██████, but ██████ ███.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Ah....Did I activate a Language Filter somehow without realising it?[DOUBLEPOST=1362728635][/DOUBLEPOST]Question.

My Sterling Engines Blew Up again On my Quarry after hitting Bedrock. (No biggy, well away from everything else) Has to be a way to stop them blowing up though (without to much setup, or transfer power elsewhere). Any suggestions?

Cheers

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What's EU/p ?

EU/p is a shorthand for "EU packet size". For example, someone might say that a machine accepts up to 128 EU/p. That means it is a medium voltage machine that can be fed from a MFE or MV-transformer, but not a MFSU. The distinction to 128 EU/t comes when that machine actually consumes less than that - for example, all basic IC2 machines are good for 32 EU/p but only use in between 1 EU/t (recycler) and 3 EU/t (electric furnace).

Reactions: tabs

tyler f

Jul 29, 2019
Ah....Did I activate a Language Filter somehow without realising it?[DOUBLEPOST=1362728635][/DOUBLEPOST]Question.

My Sterling Engines Blew Up again On my Quarry after hitting Bedrock. (No biggy, well away from everything else) Has to be a way to stop them blowing up though (without to much setup, or transfer power elsewhere). Any suggestions?

Cheers

Redstone conduits

tabs

Jul 29, 2019
What's the simplist way to evenly distribute items to adjacent blocks using BC transport pipes?

For background: I have 5 fermenters sitting side by side that get mulch and saplings from a transport pipe. Currently I've found no good way to distribute the items evenly. I've tried 'mazing' the pipes for a bit of random distrubution, but I've not found a system that is balanced enough to my liking.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What's the simplist way to evenly distribute items to adjacent blocks using BC transport pipes?
Each time an item comes to an intersection, it has a random chance of where to go. So you can distribute approximately evenly between up to 5 machines with one intersection, but the pipework will end up a bit convoluted. If you want to split between 6, then you need a 3-way intersection each of which splits two ways.

*Edit* Just seen your update. Oh well.

Reactions: tabs

tabs

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing this at the minute
LdvjU40.jpg

I guess I should keep trying to improve that. Just assumed there might be a handy block / pipe I didn't know about.

I see what you mean about a pipe splitting to 5. That would work.

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
-snip-
I guess I should keep trying to improve that. Just assumed there might be a handy block / pipe I didn't know about.

I see what you mean about a pipe splitting to 5. That would work.
You know that there is stuff called facades to cover up those gold pipe connections.

tabs

Jul 29, 2019
w1E4J2G.jpg

Funny how obvious things are when someone tells you. :rolleyes:

You know that there is stuff called facades to cover up those gold pipe connections.
Will that help with routing, or do you mean just to make it prettier?

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone conduits

Thats the kind of answer My son would give. Two words with Nothing constructive behind them.

Energy cell more so than Conduits I would have thought. What i was looking for was a way to stop Energy from going to the Quarry when it hit bedrock and Move elsewhere when it did. I don't want the Sterlings to power the Quarry and a Redstone Cell (conduits). Im thinking more along the lines of a Power Switch When Full.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Thats the kind of answer My son would give. Two words with Nothing constructive behind them.

Energy cell more so than Conduits I would have thought. What i was looking for was a way to stop Energy from going to the Quarry when it hit bedrock and Move elsewhere when it did. I don't want the Sterlings to power the Quarry and a Redstone Cell (conduits). Im thinking more along the lines of a Power Switch When Full.
Use iron gates. One on the wooden conductive pipe with IF redWireSignal THEN redstoneSignal. The other next to the quarry with IF hasWork THEN redWireSignal. Connect the gates with red pipe wire.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Can I extract the 4 items from an industrial centrifuge (when whizzing excess lava) via pipes?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

If you need to use only BC mods, you could build a system working with iron pipe. Remember that iron pipe change their output direction when given a redstone signal. I'd suggest a computercraft computer with a program that rotates the output of the iron pipe once every second (and then twice on the fifth second so it bounces over the input direction). Each output direction would then, using cobble/stone pipe, work its way into your system without crossing over each other's paths.

If you don't mind using other mods, the router is likely the best solution for balanced input into a bunch of systems.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
GT Lightning Rod .... in a Wasteland biome? Will it work?

The GregTech Lightning Rod™ does not use actual lightning, or it appears, actual weather events at all besides "isRaining" and "isStorming", so it should work.

I'd suggest you go and set up a test in a creative world to verify for us, and then reply back with your results. Watch out for lightning beasts!

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Use iron gates. One on the wooden conductive pipe with IF redWireSignal THEN redstoneSignal. The other next to the quarry with IF hasWork THEN redWireSignal. Connect the gates with red pipe wire.

Thank You, will give them a try.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I finally got a singleplayer world up, and I am trying to make a mystcraft age that I can live in. I haven't worried about instability, but I didn't want it to be overpowered, so I stuck with one level of Dense Ores and nothing else "gamebreaking".

Every other age I make, it crashes my game and I have to start a new world, which is frustrating. I am also new with mystcraft, and this means I can't make 30 ages to see what happens. I'm in creative mode, and I've been trying to get this to work for hours.
Could anyone help me out? I wanted everything standard, normal biomes, normal "effects", nothing wacky. I also wanted 1 or 2 pages of dense ores, a few pages of villagers, some obelisks, strongholds, lava lakes (not oceans :p), and mineshafts/caves (for mob spawning).

I feel bad asking someone to make this for me, but I've been failing for hours, looking at wikis and let's plays. And it takes me 10 minutes to get a world started, so re-creating it after it crashes is just annoying, and that's why I spawn ages in instead of going legit.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
So, Relays are bad for lag. Timers are bad for lag. How do you put things into tubes that isn't bad for lag?