[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
There is always RF tools where you can make a dimension that is totally made out of certain ores. Like yellorium ore ;).
Mhmm, like I said, there is no balancing a pack this big without wielding Minetweaker and Modtweaker like the Death Star, smashing things and removing mods completely. All I can hope for is a happy little balance and a little more incentive for folks to get out of their comfort zone.

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Mhmm, like I said, there is no balancing a pack this big without wielding Minetweaker and Modtweaker like the Death Star, smashing things and removing mods completely. All I can hope for is a happy little balance and a little more incentive for folks to get out of their comfort zone.
Totaly agree ! And that nerf to yellorium and nerf to digi miner will make me focus more on rftools to get all the resources i need to keep the factory running to deliver all the shiny's !

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
There is always RF tools where you can make a dimension that is totally made out of certain ores. Like yellorium ore ;).
that can be fixed rather easily for specific cases . with rftools config : disable dimilets : yellorium ore and yellowirum block and blutonium block and liquid versions of those 2

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
that can be fixed rather easily for specific cases . with rftools config : disable dimilets : yellorium ore and yellowirum block and blutonium block and liquid versions of those 2
little more incentive for folks to get out of their comfort zone.

RFtools is not normally used by most people since its a power hungry beast and requires quite a good set up before being viable.
So it brings some people out of their comfort zone to try new things. Also finding those dimlets is a CHORE, unless ur a lucky s.o.b :p.

And i usually never leave the vanilla MC dimensions for mining since, i had no reason to.
Everything i needed was below ground in abundance.

Reactions: Sungak and goreae
T

TheEpicCowOfLife

There are a couple of issues I've had, mainly gameplay-wise. I've been buying redstone ore to farm up to bronze rank, and... the purchase method is kind-of annoying- continously clicking on the same 3 buttons in the same order, 250 times.... If possible, you could set up a shop GUI within Ferret Shinies, but I don't think you should consider a priority: It is only a one time thing after all.

Secondly: there is the method of charging up batteries. It is such a bad investment, as you can only charge up to 100rf/t at a time. 100 rf/t means a tier one in 10000 ticks (500 seconds- 8 minutes 20 seconds), tier 2 in 208 minutes, and tier 5s are completely, utterly out of the question, with 8333 minutes (nearly 140 hours) per. If there was a more eligible way to charge batteries working similar to Draconic Evolutions' draconium charged blocks, and can be charged in any other machine (draconic energy infuser, charge pad, energetic infuser). This way we wouldn't be bottlenecked by the number of octadic capacitors and alloy smelters we can manufacture and keep running simultaenously. Perhaps this could be your next modding priority after supply contracts?

Overall, you've made an awesome modpack, would love to see the content and quests you pump out, and yes I understand you're doing this for free, and I very love your modpack- i've been quite addicted.

Reactions: Trisscar

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm with IC 2 gone, no way to turn Blaze Powder (from a Cinderpearl farm) into Blaze Rods..so be it, spawners it shall be.

I'm not going to update to v0.13 until I get my base set up. I was running heavily on the old solar panel design, transition to a mixed system: MFR steam boiler feeding steam dynamos which is all handled by a self-sustaining tree farm, beef wellington culinary generator for backup (automated), and Mekanism Solar Power..

That Digital Miner energy cost..griping doesn't help; that thing will never be balanced :/ just means I need to charge and keep a Resonant Energy Cell, means I need to upgrade my Redstone Cell..hmmmm.

Work, work.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I've been buying redstone ore to farm up to bronze rank, and... the purchase method is kind-of annoying- continously clicking on the same 3 buttons in the same order, 250 times.... If possible, you could set up a shop GUI within Ferret Shinies, but I don't think you should consider a priority: It is only a one time thing after all.
I'll consider a similar system for purchasing some items from the shop, usually resources, in the same vein as Exchange Tokens : Token + Cost = Item via Alloy Smelter.

This way we wouldn't be bottlenecked by the number of octadic capacitors and alloy smelters we can manufacture and keep running simultaenously. Perhaps this could be your next modding priority after supply contracts?
Ferret Batteries change in 0.1.3. Much cheaper recipe, battery tiers are at 50k instead of a million, and can use the Thermal Expansion Redstone Furnace as well. More options will be added down the line.

Hmm with IC 2 gone, no way to turn Blaze Powder (from a Cinderpearl farm) into Blaze Rods..so be it, spawners it shall be.
Odd, I could have sworn there were other ways than IC2 to condense Powder back into Rods.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
QUICK NOTE TO TESTERS
I forgot to change the recipe for the Ferret Mega Packager. If you want to test contracts, please admin spawn yourself one.

There are some valueditems that will be changing values before release, as well. Usually lower cost items that need slight shifting.

N

NadkoTheNeko

A Ferret Themed Modpack? Sounds like a great modpack for the ultimate neko. I'M IN! May make a series on it. Dunno.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
just means I need to charge and keep a Resonant Energy Cell, means I need to upgrade my Redstone Cell..hmmmm.
the digiminner can accept power from external sources u dont have to put the "battery" in its interface , so this means a tesseract can transport power to it. for what items it can accept in the internal battery slot , it can accept more then just energy cells it can accept capacitors(te or de) and capacitor banks(enderio) for energy as well

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
Odd, I could have sworn there were other ways than IC2 to condense Powder back into Rods.
Going by v.12 recipes, the only ways to acquire it, NOT involving IC2, are smouldering bees byproduct (5% chance), and through FluxedCrystals growth.

The IC2 methods are 5 Blaze Powder into a Compressor, or 0.08% chance from a Scrap box.

(only other thing is the 3x3 blaze rod block from Botania, but that cannot be made, except through 9 blaze rods)

If you're adding a new recipe, I've not try v.13 beta, but that's fine.

the digiminner can accept power from external sources u dont have to put the "battery" in its interface , so this means a tesseract can transport power to it. for what items it can accept in the internal battery slot , it can accept more then just energy cells it can accept capacitors(te or de) and capacitor banks(enderio) for energy as well

Indeed, but I've not gotten to Tesseracts yet. I usually just put the Thermal Expansion energy cell onto the DigiMiner's body, set it to output into the Miner. Convenient, portable emergency power source (this specific cell is powered by a solar array, I just put the cell in to charge)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
The IC2 methods are 5 Blaze Powder into a Compressor, or 0.08% chance from a Scrap box.

(only other thing is the 3x3 blaze rod block from Botania, but that cannot be made, except through 9 blaze rods)

If you're adding a new recipe, I've not try v.13 beta, but that's fine.
u forgot the replicator for an ic2 way to get blaze rods .

that said apparently u can eventually fabricate alot of things using matter overdrive

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
It's so easy to get blaze rods. Just explore one of those rogue dungeons that go down to "nether level" and grab the blaze spawners with a diamond dolly.
Slap it in a room and boom, instant blaze farm. Does not even need the nether since it was "overworld" spawned.

T

TheEpicCowOfLife

I'm not sure, depends on how long ago you played.
Anyways, i've discovered what could potentially be a big issue.
If you've been using a ghetto massive smeltery for ore automation, all your lead is going to dissapear when you update, as it is industrialcraft 2 lead.. Perhaps you should give a warning before updating? Provide an oredictionary in the questbook?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
It's so easy to get blaze rods. Just explore one of those rogue dungeons that go down to "nether level" and grab the blaze spawners with a diamond dolly.
Slap it in a room and boom, instant blaze farm. Does not even need the nether since it was "overworld" spawned.
actually blaze spawners dont care about dimensions even the vanilla ones dont care u can literally dolly a blaze spawner in a nether fortress and it would work perfectly fine in a grinder/mob farm in the overworld (just needs a a player in the normal distance )
the only spawner that cares is skeleton because of how wither skeles spawn (difference is a fair amount of wither skeles will spawn in place of normal ones if u dolly a skele one to the nether , such a lovely concept to help with skull acquisition )

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
just a reminder, due to the addition of matter overdrive (which adds new ores), you are gonna have a not so fun time trying to mine those ores unless you start a new world( or force regen chunks).