Trials of Murder [GAME THREAD]

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Voting innocent on dragon_fang won't change the situation next time that dragon is put on trial.

I find the reasoning that you could wait until there is one wolf left to be quite bizarre, that is riding on a lot to happen, for example that we get down to one person, what if dragon is one of those people?

Let's go ahead and list the pros and cons of putting a guilty verdict of dragon

Pros
----
- Could be a wolf
- We don't need to waste another trial on him later and be in the exact same situation
- Wasn't posting, so he might as well be dead to us anyways.
Cons
----
- Could be a town

That's literally it.

I deem dragon_fang guilty

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Voting innocent on dragon_fang won't change the situation next time that dragon is put on trial.

I find the reasoning that you could wait until there is one wolf left to be quite bizarre, that is riding on a lot to happen, for example that we get down to one person, what if dragon is one of those people?

Pros
----
- Could be a wolf
- We don't need to waste another trial on him later and be in the exact same situation
Cons
----
- Could be a town

That's literally it.

So processing everyone through the grinder until no town is left is the best solution ?

Brilliant.

Your pros and cons are "literally" off. You somehow forgot that leaving them alive statistically harms the wolf win condition and helps the town win condition. You also forgot that "wasting" people on these trials is the only process we have that can generate data and help us separate the true criminals from the innocent. Which...woops...is never a waste if we actually care about the difference.

Here's an alternative: put guys on trial for a better reason than "we have no evidence."

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019

Pros
----
- Could be a wolf
Cons
----
- Could be a town

That's literally it.

Regardless if he's town or wolf, he's more useful alive. He's useless alive for the wolves and useful for the town while alive. So why not let him live for now?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I'm gonna go ahead and vote not guilty both.

And I'm actually fine going on trial. I have nothing to hide. If it makes people more confident trusting me, then I don't see why not.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me this, why are Shaz and I the only ones who really want to find the people on trial guilty? Surely the wolves would have more active players who would back us up.

The real reason is that they want to lay low, the two last wolves are just not posting.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I say this because nojr is actually active. He just did not post. Lets see if he posts till tomorrow.

Reactions: 016Nojr

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
The independent moves for a daily smite to be re-instituted for the next game... people have no punishment for not voting, leading to much speculation about what their motives could be.

Vote both the accused guilty. Goreae and Victini for trial.

The independent does not fully agree with the meat grinder analogy used previous, but asks that the facts be reconsidered. If nobody is found guilty, then of course 0 wolves will ever be taken to their demise. And if we are only to decide fates based on discussion (back to this point, again...) then for what reason do we put anybody on trial at all? Eventually, there must be some reason to find some accused guilty. What reason might that be, other than abdominal utterings that have little basis in reason? Although the independent does admit that such a "trial-and-error" method is hardly foolproof, or indeed, likely to work at all, he then queries, what else is left?

Town members still greatly outnumber the wolves, and for the time being the independent sees no issue in condemning those less vocal members of our community to the Pit of Doom. The independent ceases his oration.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
If dragon did indeed not log in for a while now I would say it is better to let him stay alive due to number advantage and chance of useless wolf.

However J still logs in for as far as I know and thus could be a wolf that tries to stay low by not posting. And even if he just doesn't have much time like he says (which I actually kind of believe) if he is also a wolf he could probably still see time to kill someone
Thus in summary
J is useless if he is a town however he could still harm town if he is a wolf

Therefor I would say
J guilty
Dragon innocent

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Short post on the way to bed, apologies for length.

I, too, am obliged to vote dragon_fang guilty based on reasoning already discussed by Vike and Eru. I'm not confident enough in J to go after him yet, and I do feel a little bad going after him while he works. :p

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
I want to give J the benefit of the doubt, vote J as innocent
And vote dragon_fang guilty - I rather have a potential wolf taken out now than later. He was also on yesterday and yet didn't post, so he's either trying to lay low, or had forgotten about us... Which I doubt since he would have gotten notified when Cheese added him into the defendant's convo.
Vote goreae for trial, mainly because I find it a bit weird that the wolfs didn't try anything on him yet.
Town members still greatly outnumber the wolves, and for the time being the independent sees no issue in condemning those less vocal members of our community to the Pit of Doom. The independent ceases his oration.
Being part of the less vocal members, I like to state my option that I rather not be thrown into that pit. That aside... @VictiniX888, @016Nojr, please say something

vote the_j485 innocent and dragon guilty. Vote goreae for trial
Even if someone else had said it before you, I would love to know your reason for your votes.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
You gathered in the court. Today, you deemed dragon guilty. You're not very good with this whole power roles thing are you? RJS and Goreae were dragged up to the stand, and fowltief was missing.

You found dragon_fang101 guilty!
He was the bodyguard!
Fowltief was killed!
He was a villager!
RJS and Goreae are now on trial!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Anyways, RJS disappeared yesterday and he had been in suspicion since the start of the game for voting fowl. I think he kept under the radar ever since we took our eyes off him. Anyone else agree?