Automation Steam Turbine

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
No use arguing with you, I guess I can try one more time.

If you can turn oil into fuel and into steam into eu into oil, it's not a dupe.
If you can turn oil into fuel and into steam into eu into MORE oil, it's a dupe.
You could be gaining .000000000001% more oil, it's still a dupe (at that point, nobody cares). But gaining almost half your input? It's most definitely a dupe.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
You actually mean MJ right?? as steam engines produces MJ not eu But the oil fabs can run on eu if you wanted to. What I mean that most power generations can be duplicated that you could produce "infinite" power from doubling your tree farms on UU matters input to doubling your coal coke production from UU matters by making more quarries and running those on the power generated from the coal your getting from the first quarry. You may as well fire up some reactors while your mining up some uranium too. So if you do it right you can dupe most power generations mainly from UU matters. But each of these come at difference costs like my dupe may be "cheap" but you have to put more time into actual setup and space as opposed to solar panels which only take up so little space on your rooftop. So if the raw materials for the power setups can be made with uu matters then the setup is indeed can be duplicated therefore duped power.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
You actually mean MJ right?? as steam engines produces MJ not eu But the oil fabs can run on eu if you wanted to. What I mean that most power generations can be duplicated that you could produce "infinite" power from doubling your tree farms on UU matters input to doubling your coal coke production from UU matters by making more quarries and running those on the power generated from the coal your getting from the first quarry. You may as well fire up some reactors while your mining up some uranium too. So if you do it right you can dupe most power generations mainly from UU matters. But each of these come at difference costs like my dupe may be "cheap" but you have to put more time into actual setup and space as opposed to solar panels which only take up so little space on your rooftop. So if the raw materials for the power setups can be made with uu matters then the setup is indeed can be duplicated therefore duped power.
A boiler can produce EU from a steam turbine. UU-matter is a poor concept for infinite generation, even without gregtech and full scrap usage you need 166,666 EU for 1 UU. You are claiming that production of some item from UU-matter is worth more power than is put in, because that is the issue here not infinite power generation. We can obtain infinite power in a million ways, but we do so without breaking laws of thermodynamics. You can not produce energy from a lesser amount of energy. This is what you are doing with a boiler that is producing fuel for a fraction of the power it is worth. It is not something you can justify by claiming there are other ways of producing power. Lava in a boiler had this issue a few months ago and allowed for generation of more power from lava than is used to create it from cobble stone in a magma crucible. This lead to it's heat value in a boiler to be nerfed to useless levels because it is in fact an exploit. A tree farm that produces charcoal for a generator is infinite, yes, but the trees have a theoretical input of energy for growth and then more energy for production of the charcoal which is used to generate your energy. A solar panel uses solar radiation to produce energy. A boiler using fuel to produce more fuel for a cost less than it is worth is broken. This may just be a game, but that doesn't mean we have to ignore absurd things such as this.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea but after the power that you put in the tree farm you'll get More power out of it so what's the difference? I'm basically do the same only using something that burn more effectively of fuel at the increased cost of resources and space. The more you put in the more you should get out just like a tree farm giving you more than 1 charcoal per 4k eu. Otherwise why would you be getting power out of your system. All systems are the same you put in some power you get More power out of it. So this is similar just as a charcoal fired tree farm that getting more eu/t than the farm is using.

CON2000

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I am at the point where I can easily have the mats to automate EU production through Steam Turbine. I am able to create enough new rotors to replace those in the Turbine every 2 days or so, but I can't seem to automate the inserting part of it.
Redpower Tubes and Buildcraft pipes do not interact with the Steam Turbine, or I can't find how they could do it. I tried insert by the top/bottom/faces, using manager, buildcraft gates... did not work.
Do anyone know how we could automaticaly insert Rotors into Steam Turbines?
The only alternative left I can see is using Turtle, but I am not sure how and my abilities in programming is very newbish.
If someone has tried to do that before, it would be really appreciated to share it.

thanks

My solution is that

Get cobblestone from Igneous Extruder
melt them into lava for geothermal generator.

Less EU from a single MJ, but it can be automated :D

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
My solution is that

Get cobblestone from Igneous Extruder
melt them into lava for geothermal generator.

Less EU from a single MJ, but it can be automated :D

The only thing that's good for is turning MJ into EU, unfortunately.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
This is exactly what I was talking about in the ultimate thread.

The stuff just got in and we've got unlimited energy exploits already.

Bring forth the mighty nerfbat! Or remove it.

GREGORIUS, SAVE US.

This is why I like using what can be the worst power system in game with the worst convertion rate.

Becuase it will enver get nerfed. Thermopiles and BT can only get better form here out.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I like using what can be the worst power system in game with the worst convertion rate.

Becuase it will enver get nerfed. Thermopiles and BT can only get better form here out.
The fact that the entire usage of the power system is monopolized by a single mod developer probably helps. There is no way for an exploit to exist except within that one mod.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that the entire usage of the power system is monopolized by a single mod developer probably helps. There is no way for an exploit to exist except within that one mod.

Either way I enjoy the chanlge of making BT work as a core power system. Which really means I have to convert BT to Lava since Lava is basicly the univresal fule betwen MJ and EU systems.

Kind of hoping for a native BT to EU item like the BT Engine to come out. Even if it still had the nasty 1kwat to 1EU I would still use it.