Automation Steam Turbine

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

cloj63

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I am at the point where I can easily have the mats to automate EU production through Steam Turbine. I am able to create enough new rotors to replace those in the Turbine every 2 days or so, but I can't seem to automate the inserting part of it.
Redpower Tubes and Buildcraft pipes do not interact with the Steam Turbine, or I can't find how they could do it. I tried insert by the top/bottom/faces, using manager, buildcraft gates... did not work.
Do anyone know how we could automaticaly insert Rotors into Steam Turbines?
The only alternative left I can see is using Turtle, but I am not sure how and my abilities in programming is very newbish.
If someone has tried to do that before, it would be really appreciated to share it.

thanks

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'd guess that it's like the apiaries and frames. Covert probably doesn't want a fully automated system (it's also the reason that you can't Mass Fab coal, turn to coal coke and pump into the boiler for a net profit).

cloj63

Jul 29, 2019
Right, I will try the clay golem, but won't put my hopes to high. At least there is always the gate that can detect maintenance...

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Right, I will try the clay golem, but won't put my hopes to high. At least there is always the gate that can detect maintenance...
Uhh who need steel hungry turbines that now the Ulltimate pack is now out with Powercrystial's MFR and PowerConverters? Just run the MJ from the engines to produce outright Eu from PowerConverters BC comsumer and IC2 producer. Or for better conversion rate make run max sized boilers on Fuel to make Fuel if you do it right to the Oil Fabricators you'll get 39% more fuel than the boilers are using once they're heated to their max temp.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh who need steel hungry turbines that now the Ulltimate pack is now out with Powercrystial's MFR and PowerConverters? Just run the MJ from the engines to produce outright Eu from PowerConverters BC comsumer and IC2 producer. Or for better conversion rate make run max sized boilers on Fuel to make Fuel if you do it right to the Oil Fabricators you'll get 39% more fuel than the boilers are using once they're heated to their max temp.
Some people enjoy a challenge and the concept of putting work into a project instead of boring OP transformer magic blocks.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Some people enjoy a challenge and the concept of putting work into a project instead of boring OP transformer magic blocks.
Maybe the PowerConverters blocks but not so much of the oil fabrication as it require quite of bit of materials just to get 39% more fuel than the boilers are using. You must use either a HP or a LP 36 sized boilers for it to work the best output so you also need about 210 to 230 buckets of Fuel worth of Heat Units just to make it goes and did i mention you also have to wait a about 5hrs before you even start the feedback loop? If you guys thinks this is Op then how about those "ugly" solar panels churning up power in the External Day and No Weather Mystricaft world or lava pumps in the Nether and/or Mystricaft ages especially now that you can ender tank real liquid so it now an even more "op" way of fabricating power. So I don't think my feedback loop is any more op than then those methods of making power or even it not as op at all for all that materials and not so much fuel/hour rate either.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the PowerConverters blocks but not so much of the oil fabrication as it require quite of bit of materials just to get 39% more fuel than the boilers are using. You must use either a HP or a LP 36 sized boilers for it to work the best output so you also need about 210 to 230 buckets of Fuel worth of Heat Units just to make it goes and did i mention you also have to wait a about 5hrs before you even start the feedback loop? If you guys thinks this is Op then how about those "ugly" solar panels churning up power in the External Day and No Weather Mystricaft world or lava pumps in the Nether and/or Mystricaft ages especially now that you can ender tank real liquid so it now an even more "op" way of fabricating power. So I don't think my feedback loop is any more op than then those methods of making power or even it not as op at all for all that materials and not so much fuel/hour rate either.

Nope, still OP.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
This is exactly what I was talking about in the ultimate thread.

The stuff just got in and we've got unlimited energy exploits already.

Bring forth the mighty nerfbat! Or remove it.

GREGORIUS, SAVE US.
How in the world does 39% more power=unlimited power?? unlimited power is a Quatum Generator. (getting all the power you ever need with no added input) While this is just making your Fuel goes the extra miles not obtaining unlimited power. Just like burning lava in the Thermal Generator than a Geothermal Generator or Charcoal in a boiler than a Stirling Engine.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget, this guy is trying to make it look like it's not nearly as op as Nether pumping. Unlimited multiplying energy: Nether pumping.
Unlimited multiplying energy:
Nether pumping.

Unlimited multiplying energy:

Nether pumping.

What's not op is making a soul shard and powering gens off blaze shards
Taking coal from a wither farm and turning it into thorium/coal coke
Using water mills
Fusion Reactor and using the energy to make more materials to react
You can't really make an argument for anything not being too powerful, end game, when you're doing it right.[DOUBLEPOST=1362613390][/DOUBLEPOST]
How in the world does 39% more power=unlimited power?? unlimited power is a Quatum Generator. (getting all the power you ever need with no added input) While this is just making your Fuel goes the extra miles not obtaining unlimited power. Just like burning lava in the Thermal Generator than a Geothermal Generator or Charcoal in a boiler than a Stirling Engine.
Okay, you put in some materials, and out comes more energy than you put in. Then you use it to make more energy, and you put up a second boiler.
Then a third.
And a fourth.
And a fifth. I'm not sure if you
and a sixth.
And a seventh. understand this but I don't see how infinitely multiplying your power isn't in any way too good to be true.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
You can't just multiply boilers all day because the amount of materials is not cheap unless you got good high speed miners then it maybe possible to get several boilers up and running everyday but by that time you'll probably reached a good point in the game. I'll maybe only be able to add another HP boiler in about 10 or so RL days from now so yea I'm not doubling up my power overnight or even after a week.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
But you still are doubling your power. Maybe you're not doing it the most efficient way, but you're doubling your power.
Anyways, it's extremely easy to get enough ENERGY to power a quarry with you ENERGY dupe you have here.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
It's not the question "Why?" that should be asked when playing 'Feed the Beast', but rather "Why NOT?". In case one really needs an answer to the former, the only correct answer is obviously: "Because we can." In the end, what would be the point in having a quazillion different tec-mods and then only use about four of them in an "input block - creation block - output block - storage block" manner? ;)

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
But you still are doubling your power. Maybe you're not doing it the most efficient way, but you're doubling your power.
Anyways, it's extremely easy to get enough ENERGY to power a quarry with you ENERGY dupe you have here.
At least this actually Requires an input to "jump start" before it's "leave and forget" power unlike solar factories running on solar panels then putting up more to make more and better quality solar panels. So this isn't just wiring up cables and plotting down panels so this does take more efforts Than solar farms.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
*facepalm*

Say I have one solar.
Cool! 512 eu/t!
Now let's say you have one of these dupe power plants.
300 eu/t?
Oh look! You've generated enough oil to get another one!
600 eu/t?
Oh look! You've generated enough oil to get two more!
1200 eu/t?
Oh look! You've generated enough oil to get four more!

And your "jump start" for the solar panel is being...late game, with enough power for a couple of pieces of UU matter and some Iridium, and a ton of machines (that cost electricity to power to get your desired pieces).

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea but to "fabricate" the boilers that'll take a lot of Fuel so just like getting solar panels for a solar production line it'll take a lot to do it. You'll also have to power the blast furnace to get all your steel for the boilers and engines so both solar and this "duping of fuel" takes time and materials but solar actually taking up less time to setup but higher material cost. But don't forget these "iron beasts" do need a ton of space where as solar take up little footprint. Not to mention you also need refineries,oil fabricators,conduilts and liquiducts. So while it may seem it's nothing for power it's does cost something whether it's materials, space, and/or time to setup and get going. Btw most power sources can be "duped" if you know what's your doing. (even a simple setup of generators to steve's carts tree farms)