Epidemia's build journal

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've been playing Minecraft again for a week or two and have some stuff to show you. I am playing on the custom map "Eldaria Islands" which I did once before back with 1.6.4, using my own personal modpack with some recipe tweaks. Now, on to the pics.

Heres my current base of operations which is a bigger, better version of a house I built in another world which you can see by looking a few pages back:
KUAIWhT.jpg

TRjcw2L.jpg

Growing some Growthcraft grapes beside the house to brew wine with. Thanks to some recipe tweaks Ive added, brewing stuff is actually worth the effort. Also a view from the front porch of the epic landscape typical of Eldaria.
G3f6fDr.jpg

hkQw6c2.jpg

Inside, the living room is a bit bare but I am sure that will change eventually but the kitchen where I brew booze is much more cluttered:
YCGOyh3.jpg

GysBPof.jpg

Upstairs is where most of my Thaumcrafting happens:
smK5fC0.jpg

The basement is where Ive hidden all the necessary tech stuff, although I may end up relocating it to a place of its own eventually:
KUfpIg2.jpg

YNurEi0.jpg

And finally here is the map of all of the Eldaria islands. I have plans to build things on each and every one.
KWQhmkk.jpg
It's been so long since I last saw this thread, awesome to see that its still alive and doing well. Epidemia, which mod did you use to furnish your kitchen?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Lazy f.....
Go replace those slabs on the roof of the porch with Collapsible blocks immediately :p
(joke aside, it would look even more amazing if you had the time and patience to replace them with collapsible blocks ;))

It's been so long since I last saw this thread, awesome to see that its still alive and doing well. Epidemia, which mod did you use to furnish your kitchen?
I think that is Decocraft.

Reactions: masterzh

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I like something like the Flying mountains out of highlands. Tall areas wrapped in lots of water. Or smaller islands surrounded by vast seas.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
wait. are those rivers? do they have a current or flow downhill?

EDIT: just realized that the post somehow got cut :c

Yeah the map has many rivers that often start out as lakes high up in the mountains and other features you just wont ever get in a randomly generated world.

I was about to say, the map is actually kind of uniquely intriguing, even though I typically prefer "Pangaea" maps, but yeah :)

I chose it because its varied and always interesting landscape offers many, many places worthy of a good build and I like the idea of connecting them with roads. Im thinking of a building a scenic tour by rail with teleports to other islands.

Thanks! Its decocraft.

Lazy f.....
Go replace those slabs on the roof of the porch with Collapsible blocks immediately :p
(joke aside, it would look even more amazing if you had the time and patience to replace them with collapsible blocks ;))

Hmm, I hadnt even thought of doing that. Will give it a try for sure, thanks for the advice.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm, I hadnt even thought of doing that. Will give it a try for sure, thanks for the advice.
I have been making LOTS and LOTS of these flat roofs lately with Collapsible blocks :p
I kinda like starting out with a microblock "Post" as the outer edge(Thereby starting at 4 steps up with the first Collapsible block, giving it a bit of thickness and volume) and then slope it in by about 4 steps up per block.
Nkac7We.png

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have been making LOTS and LOTS of these flat roofs lately with Collapsible blocks :p
I kinda like starting out with a microblock "Post" as the outer edge(Thereby starting at 4 steps up with the first Collapsible block, giving it a bit of thickness and volume) and then slope it in by about 4 steps up per block.
Nkac7We.png

Thank you for that tip. I screwed around with my roof in my Regrowth world for days trying to make it look decent, and just couldn't find something I liked. I didn't think to rim it with microblocks and roof up from that. These nuggets are why I lurk on this side of the forums. Well, that and to make myself laugh when I load my world up and compare.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Played for a few hours again today, made some progress.

Heres a few different angles of my farms. So far they are all mostly manual although I have golems doing the replanting on a few of them:
3O2UL01.jpg

HiSECKH.jpg

AQF9INH.jpg

Built an island in the center of this pond/lake thingy for my infusion altar. Its 100 percent stabilized, theres a ton of skulls underneath. I made an alchemy recipe to turn pumpkins into mob heads using some essentia thats found only on bottles of ale:
g4pDLEI.jpg

oO7XMKB.jpg

qWm2lx7.jpg

CJZmtvj.jpg

Added wooden trim to the edges to beautify my main crafting terminal and the "overflow" ME chest. Also moved the drive and cell workbench behind a carpenters garage door. Whenever the chest gets full of unsorted items, I configure cells to hold them:
O24qVsj.jpg

XRNO6HW.jpg

Overhauled the second floor by dividing it into multiple rooms and adding some paintings and stuff:
I9BZTep.jpg

O8Xpgx8.jpg

oUux9Zg.jpg

Cluttered up the attic with the odds and ends grandma left me:
oZdwsVp.jpg

And finally, built a smithy. Theres a blast furnace hidden inside of that fireplace. This build probably inspired by rhn:
00s00tQ.jpg

jLt73SZ.jpg

YlLsyp5.jpg

18I6iZ1.jpg

GFi7vHv.jpg

cYMGzXo.jpg

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Nkac7We.png

I tried your collapsible block advice on my porch roof I just couldnt get the damn things to cooperate. But the trick worked out much better on the overhang of the smithy.

Reactions: rhn

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you're after a slope that's only two or three wide, putting a slab down and in the middle, putting the outside down, then putting the full block on the inside and then replacing the slabs tends to make a relatively smooth slant to start with. Though I think it might need pictures to explain that one.

kitharo

Jul 29, 2019
Thats look amazing! I think I've read the whole thread. But did somewhere mentioned what mods where used? Are they included in Infinity?

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Thats look amazing! I think I've read the whole thread. But did somewhere mentioned what mods where used? Are they included in Infinity?

Thank you for the kind words. I think most of the mods I use other than Magneticraft are part of Infinity.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the kind words. I think most of the mods I use other than Magneticraft are part of Infinity.

The Reika suite isn't in Infinity either. This includes RotaryCraft, ElectriCraft, ReactorCraft, and ChromatiCraft amongst others. I know you used some RoC, and I thought I remembered you say something about a plan for reactor, but I could just be mad.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, theres none of Reika's mods in there. I was interested in using Chromaticraft but I cant get the pylons to retrogen into the Eldaria map I am using.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, theres none of Reika's mods in there. I was interested in using Chromaticraft but I cant get the pylons to retrogen into the Eldaria map I am using.

My apologies, I got your mod list swapped with @Plasmasnake 's. I follow too many threads. I'll go away now.