[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
How do people manage to get enough meteoric iron?

I've been mining meteors on the moon, and I've got the tier 2 rocket, but I need another 75 meteors worth to make the tier 3 rocket. This will take many many hours at the rate I'm finding meteors.

Is there any other, better, way to get meteoric iron?

chunk-load an area, wait a looong time and farm all the asteroids that hit the ground.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I was on the phone for like an hour while my character was sitting in my moonbase, and when I came back there were like 30 I could find within 400m of my base...

This will be painful.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
What I kinda don't understand now, with EBF, is this:
I've got a setup with 3x LV Energy Hatches
All of the hatches are connected to Battery Buffers (16x); every battery buffer has 16 Lithium Batteries in it, charged to the max (100.000eu). However, for some reason, only 2 of battery boxes are discharged "actively". E.g.: If I smelt Stainless Steel, which requires ~220k eu (not remembering actual numbers) all of the energy needed, except for like 1%, is taken from 2 boxes & 32 batteries.
Efficiency of machine is a bit lower then 100% (I don't have soliderin iron yet, so circutry's burned out).
However:
if I remove 3rd battery box, the Machine is not working (stainless steel dust disappears)
if I have empty battery in 3rd box, machine is not working (again, ss disappears)

What and why?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I was on the phone for like an hour while my character was sitting in my moonbase, and when I came back there were like 30 I could find within 400m of my base...

This will be painful.
Remember to mine the Meteors with silk touch. If processed you will get 2x more from it.
What I kinda don't understand now, with EBF, is this:
I've got a setup with 3x LV Energy Hatches
All of the hatches are connected to Battery Buffers (16x); every battery buffer has 16 Lithium Batteries in it, charged to the max (100.000eu). However, for some reason, only 2 of battery boxes are discharged "actively". E.g.: If I smelt Stainless Steel, which requires ~220k eu (not remembering actual numbers) all of the energy needed, except for like 1%, is taken from 2 boxes & 32 batteries.
Efficiency of machine is a bit lower then 100% (I don't have soliderin iron yet, so circutry's burned out).
However:
if I remove 3rd battery box, the Machine is not working (stainless steel dust disappears)
if I have empty battery in 3rd box, machine is not working (again, ss disappears)

What and why?
I would recommend just upgrade the EBF hatches to MV with 1 battery buffer. It will be better than fiddling with this :)

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend just upgrade the EBF hatches to MV with 1 battery buffer. It will be better than fiddling with this
Um well. This brings in a question: can there be an EBF with mixed hatches? E.g. MV energy hatch, LV input/output hatch.
The thing why I did it with so much wasted stuff is that I have a lot (a LOT) of lithium, and everything needed for LV is plentiful, but I don't have any easy-accessible Alumium veins.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can. Also most of the aluminium i have is from processibg other dusts.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Jason did you see my post about energy loss from transformers? I tested it in a couple of different scenarios and always got the same results. I realy wanna know why this is happening.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
hm... so I just played around a little with getting LV distilleries working by only feeding them with LV Diesel Gens. I figured after a lot of testing transformers would have a little what would be called an energy loss. Can someone explain me exactly how this works? To reproduce: Hook up a MV Battery Buffer (1 battery) behind a LV Battery Buffer (1 battery as well) and put a transformer (MV -> LV) in front of it hooked up to machines using exactly 32 EU/t. You will find out the MV Battery will slowly but surely lose energy.
Are you aware of the standard energy output loss and have you checked it isn't that? It's on the wiki under electricity, when a GT power outputting machine outputs power it draws a few extra EU that aren't used equal to 2^tier, so an LV machine outputs at 32EU/t but actually uses 34EU/t, MV does 128EU/t and actually uses 132EU/t, HV is 512EU/t and 520EU/t and so on. Nearly certain that affects battery buffers which could be your issue, not so sure if it affects transformers.

But yes, lossless EU transfer is basically non-existent and stuff like that should be checked, if it's not that a bug report might be warranted, it's possible transformers do waste energy to an unintended degree I suppose. GT basically puts energy loss at every point though.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Are you aware of the standard energy output loss and have you checked it isn't that? It's on the wiki under electricity, when a GT power outputting machine outputs power it draws a few extra EU that aren't used equal to 2^tier, so an LV machine outputs at 32EU/t but actually uses 34EU/t, MV does 128EU/t and actually uses 132EU/t, HV is 512EU/t and 520EU/t and so on. Nearly certain that affects battery buffers which could be your issue, not so sure if it affects transformers.

But yes, lossless EU transfer is basically non-existent and stuff like that should be checked, if it's not that a bug report might be warranted, it's possible transformers do waste energy to an unintended degree I suppose. GT basically puts energy loss at every point though.

Are you sure about that? That would mean if I would hook up an empty 1x battery buffer in front of two other filled 1x battery-buffers the buffer in the middle would lose energy. Im going to check that in creative. Anyways it doesnt realy affect what I experienced. I hooked up one diesel generator in front of a MV-> LV transformer and had to realize the two distilleries behind it do not get enough energy. I also tested different scenarios as told and Im realy sure transformers lose some amount of energy, I couldnt figure how that works though.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I have tested it a little further and can confirm this. Even after calculating the energy thats stored inside the internal buffer of battery boxes they still have an energy loss. LV battery buffers take 34 EU but only put 32 EU into their batteries it seems like. Transformers however have an even greater energy loss. I calculated it down to 7,25% when I transformed MV to LV packages.

S

Sacaros

Any news on release date of 3.2? Official server is waiting it eagerly.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Um well. This brings in a question: can there be an EBF with mixed hatches? E.g. MV energy hatch, LV input/output hatch.
The thing why I did it with so much wasted stuff is that I have a lot (a LOT) of lithium, and everything needed for LV is plentiful, but I don't have any easy-accessible Alumium veins.
From what i tested, mixed energy tier (I.E: LV Muffler with a MV hatch) won't run.

Your problem is easily fixed by doing the following: Output your battery buffer through wires that connect to the hatch. Even if you use only 1 battery buffer, you won't have any problem. Keep in mind that by using LV hatch, you need to send it atleast 4 AMP of 32V for a total of 128V.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Remember to mine the Meteors with silk touch. If processed you will get 2x more from it.

You are a lifesaver. I didn't spot that you could do that.

Also do meteors spawn more in daytime? I was flying around at night, and there were no meteors for like an hour, but then come daytime I'm seeing one land every couple of minutes. It couldn't just be that I was missing them at night, as I would have seen them lying on the ground... Perhaps just a super unlucky dry spell...

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019

The reason your EBF is only drawing from two of the buffers is that each energy hatch can only draw 2A.

The buffers could output 16A, but the hatch it is connected to will only try to take 2A from each buffer. This is why you need 3 LV energy hatches to power the EBF initially, as you need 128 + 10% EU/t, which needs 5A of LV, which means you need 3 hatches. Two of them will drain at 2A, and the other will drain more slowly. It is always the same two that give 2A, so you can plan around this.

I was caught out by this, because I started off with 4 LV buffers, all full of batteries and 4LV turbines powering them. I had one buffer always running out of energy while the others were full. This is because the EBF was trying to take 2A from two of the buffers, but ignoring the others, and each buffer only had 1A feeding it. It all worked out if I just put one battery in each buffer, because then each buffer only drew and sent 1A.

A setup that will work is 3 battery buffers, each with 2 batteries going in to 3 LV energy hatches. You can then choose how you keep the batteries charged. Perhaps a layer of 16 battery buffers behind them. This will be well behaved, and stops the EBF from doing its best to run out of power.

EDIT: Also, electrolyse clay to aluminium, lithium and silicon (and sodium). Super powerful recipe. Also thaumcraft duplication of clay is super easy.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Also, electrolyse clay to aluminium, lithium and silicon (and sodium). Super powerful recipe. Also thaumcraft duplication of clay is super easy.
Another good source of clay is red cobblestone. Can run it through a carpenter that has a water source for easy automation.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Any news on release date of 3.2? Official server is waiting it eagerly.
Soon

Really though, look here. A checklist for what still needs to be done, you could also go look at possible changes by poking around the git. For example, there are a couple of minor changes to thaumcraft, a screenshot of one particularly minor one to give an idea.

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 7.19.21 am.png

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Just got killed by my stupidity: wooden pipes + hydrogen gas = frozen to death. xD
Love this game.

Also, 2 points:
1) I've got an issue with a Cobalt Drill. Wrought Iron/Steel ones are OK. Cobalt is faster, so I think that's the issue.
The problem is, when I dig up dirt, some of blocks disappear but game still thinks blocks're there. So I suffocate in em.. A lot. Performance issue? any idea how to fix this?
2) What is best source of Tutamen in the pack? Except for leather. :>

buncheesy

Jul 29, 2019
I was looking at this mod 7 months ago. Just started playing ftb again (I binge for a few months then play other things for a while...but can't stay away!). Been watching and enjoying youtube clips and really want to get going with the modpack.
1) with v3 will v2 youtube meanderings be less relevant or even redundant?
2) I am soooo tempted just to start and stick with a v2 build. I like learning by watching youtube lets plays so that would suit me having an aged pack. However would I be really missing out by not waiting for v3 (I don't play fast and I come and go so it would be months I would be with v2)?

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Just got killed by my stupidity: wooden pipes + hydrogen gas = frozen to death. xD
Love this game.

Also, 2 points:
1) I've got an issue with a Cobalt Drill. Wrought Iron/Steel ones are OK. Cobalt is faster, so I think that's the issue.
The problem is, when I dig up dirt, some of blocks disappear but game still thinks blocks're there. So I suffocate in em.. A lot. Performance issue? any idea how to fix this?
2) What is best source of Tutamen in the pack? Except for leather. :>

1) This is a general minecraft issue. If you harvests blocks too fast it might result in a desync. Usualy this happens on servers so am I right you are playing on a server connected via internet? However ghost blocks can also occure on SinglePlayer its only far less likely. As I said the problem isnt the drill but more a tiny desync thats getting a problem by harvesting blocks too fast.
2) There are some more sources, like any armor piece I believe, but leather is the most viable to pick. At some point a cow farm is the best way to go I guess.