UU Matter production.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrKirk

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.

So I have this '' Stupid '' question, I noticed that you cant obtain UU matter through Mass Fabricators ( No recipe ) and the UU Assembler doesnt create the UU matter.

Any idea how to obtain UU matter?

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Matter Fabricator is the greg tech method of producing UUM.

I honestly recommend going into the config and re-enabling the mass fabricator though. The matter fab needs 8 iridium ore and a ton of other stuff to get it. This means you would need to find at least 4 chunks of iridium ore and use silk touch to get the ore and macerate it. With default odds of 1 ore in 5 chunks, that's 20 chunks you would need to strip mine by hand to get. 1 64x64 quarry is just shy of 16 chunks. However, quarries don't have silk touch, so you would need to find 8 pieces...which would take 40 chunks, so more than 2 64x64 quarries completely mined out. Oh, and I've yet to find any place Iridium Ore is more likely to spawn. I started finding it at about the 15th layer or so down ( so we're talking 60ish. ) When I did the math, it was going to take me 4 quarries running for 1 week to get enough. Yea, right. Not going to happen, lol.

Reactions: MrKirk

MrKirk

Jul 29, 2019
Was expecting that it had something to do whit Greg Tech...

Anyway, thanks for the help/tips.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Matter Fabricator is the greg tech method of producing UUM.

I honestly recommend going into the config and re-enabling the mass fabricator though. The matter fab needs 8 iridium ore and a ton of other stuff to get it. This means you would need to find at least 4 chunks of iridium ore and use silk touch to get the ore and macerate it. With default odds of 1 ore in 5 chunks, that's 20 chunks you would need to strip mine by hand to get. 1 64x64 quarry is just shy of 16 chunks. However, quarries don't have silk touch, so you would need to find 8 pieces...which would take 40 chunks, so more than 2 64x64 quarries completely mined out. Oh, and I've yet to find any place Iridium Ore is more likely to spawn. I started finding it at about the 15th layer or so down ( so we're talking 60ish. ) When I did the math, it was going to take me 4 quarries running for 1 week to get enough. Yea, right. Not going to happen, lol.

IIRC it will spawn below 99 :D so yeah quarry is the best idea..

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC it will spawn below 99 :D so yeah quarry is the best idea..

I do try to run over and look around for it though. It isn't usually too hard to spot if it's on the surface when you go over. It has the same standard design, but it's a bit iridescent with I think light blue and light green pixels for the ore. It's almost always off by itself, though it could be next to other ores. I'm pretty sure the iridium itself can only spawn as a single ore per chunk, so you won't see it in pairs or anything. It's hard to distinguish from silver in NEI/Creative, but if you place a block of iridium youll know what to look for at least. Then just grab your rockcutter and go get it before your quarry nabs it![DOUBLEPOST=1353178552][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's like all of these forums are about GregTech, hehe

Indeed:)

People are used to IC2, BC, etc...but greg tech really screws up a lot of IC2 stuff.

I think the mod is perfectly good, I just wish he would keep the IC2 changes in a separate mod. Looking around, I think most everyone here would agree. I haven't seen much issue with gregtech itself, it's the changes it tries to force onto IC2. I guess at least he has a pretty comprehensive config file.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I enabled both mass fab and matter fab, but tweaked the matter fab UU cost to 75% of the mass fab.

Start with the mass fab, then you can upgrade to the matter fab for greater efficiency.

(though currently somewhat OP since I can't find a way to increase the EU needed by the mass fab. Ideally 1,000,000 with scrap and matter fab at 750,000)

darthmichael7

Jul 29, 2019
I have found about 4-5 irridium ore flying around the nether with my electric jetpack in a different world. I would check there since I only found it there but none in the overworld.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
It's much more noticeable in the Mindcrack pack, Celestialphoenix. Silver is the only other white ore that generates in it, I believe.

Antivyris

Jul 29, 2019
Iridium in the nether if I recall is a bug solved in more recent versions of gregtech, only pyrite should be there.