Share your progress on Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think Pyure has discovered that there is indeed a bug with Water Artichoke seeds no being able to be planted, preventing the Agricraft mutation to acquire Belladonna seeds. I appears that this bug was reported and fixed one day ago. See here:

Thank you Pyure, you didn't give up and finally found our answer, well done mate!
:)

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Been playing on a public server since early December (so no RFtools easy resources) and I recently moved all my stuff into an AE system, but I still use logistics pipes for crafting as I haven't set it up that much. I am using 4 MOX reactors to power my base, since I like plutonium.

Otherwise my base is an underground bunker with oodles of gubbins all over the place. If anything, the only thing stopping me from getting further is my lack of understanding of Draconic Evolution.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Been playing on a public server since early December (so no RFtools easy resources) and I recently moved all my stuff into an AE system, but I still use logistics pipes for crafting as I haven't set it up that much. I am using 4 MOX reactors to power my base, since I like plutonium.

Otherwise my base is an underground bunker with oodles of gubbins all over the place. If anything, the only thing stopping me from getting further is my lack of understanding of Draconic Evolution.
1) Your plutonium is all byproduct from your fission? ( I don't know of any other way to get it, hence the question)
2) By the time you can get RFTools easy resources, you probably don't need them anymore :\

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I got my ender quarry running last night. Its still not consuming as much power as I'd hoped, so I'll have to look into upgrading it further. I need to lose power faster so that I can keep my reactor running longer and burn through some uranium.

I wonder if I can build a mass fab or matter fab or whatever its called in IC2, that thing's a glorious energy sink.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I got my ender quarry running last night. Its still not consuming as much power as I'd hoped, so I'll have to look into upgrading it further. I need to lose power faster so that I can keep my reactor running longer and burn through some uranium.

I wonder if I can build a mass fab or matter fab or whatever its called in IC2, that thing's a glorious energy sink.

Best way to burn up power is add some Upgrade blocks to that quarry. I always go for silk touch ASAP to get Redstone ore blocks which can be pulverized for TE Cinnabar (very useful for obtaining guaranteed Shiny from Ferrous Ore or for quadrupling silk touched Draconic Ore, etc.) and also for doubling each Diamond Ore block mined. And natually, I also install the 3 speed tier upgrades ASAP as well.

My strategy for Expert mode was to be very flexible with my power - I had the ability to covert all my various power sources into either RF or into EU. And that allowed me to run my quarry at the fastest speed possible while I was sleeping and offline... or if I was good on raw materials for a short while, then I would run my IC2 Recyclers and Mass Fabs with all my power during the overnight. I just shut everything else down and put all my power into either the Ender Quarry or else my IC2 Iridium processing machines. Max bang for the buck!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Best way to burn up power is add some Upgrade blocks to that quarry. I always go for silk touch ASAP to get Redstone ore blocks which can be pulverized for TE Cinnabar (very useful for obtaining guaranteed Shiny from Ferrous Ore or for quadrupling silk touched Draconic Ore, etc.) and also for doubling each Diamond Ore block mined. And natually, I also install the 3 speed tier upgrades ASAP as well.

My strategy for Expert mode was to be very flexible with my power - I had the ability to covert all my various power sources into either RF or into EU. And that allowed me to run my quarry at the fastest speed possible while I was sleeping and offline... or if I was good on raw materials for a short while, then I would run my IC2 Recyclers and Mass Fabs with all my power during the overnight. I just shut everything else down and put all my power into either the Ender Quarry or else my IC2 Iridium processing machines. Max bang for the buck!
Yeah I mentioned upgrades.

One thing I haven't determined yet is the simplest way to get the enchanted tools you need for those upgrades. I had been stockpiling xp fortunately, so I was able to make a fortune1 pickaxe easily, but ran out before I could successfully get a fortune3 (which is required for the 2nd efficiency upgrade).

Do enchantments added by, uh, that osmotic enchanter thingy qualify?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
No idea on the Osmotic Enchanter. I wasted 200 books trying to use the MFR Enchanter to get a Silk Touch book (I finally got it using level 22 on the Enchanter, by the way).

A much better idea, as I've been told, is to enchant gold pickaxes - you'll get Silk Touch about 50% of the time, then use the MFR Disenchanter to create a silk touch book.

For the Efficiency/Speed Upgrade, I collected all the various Efficiency books I got while wasting 200 books to get a Silk Touch.... and I easily combined them all to make two Eff V books for the top tier Quarry Speed Upgrade.

BTW, if you haven't done so, I think a 9x9 Cursed Earth mob farm, with an MFR Auto-Spawner set flush in the middle, is probably the most important thing you can build during early game. It gives access to so many important materials (glowstone from witches, wither skele skulls for making Nether Stars, ender pearls in mass quantity for making Enderium, etc), and of course it provides the Essence to run those MFR Enchanter/Disenchanter machines as well. I don't see how anyone could get thru this modpack without making such a Cursed Earth/Auto-Spawner setup.

Last edited:

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
1) Your plutonium is all byproduct from your fission? ( I don't know of any other way to get it, hence the question)
2) By the time you can get RFTools easy resources, you probably don't need them anymore :\

1. Plutonium you get from depleted IC2 cells, one uranium fuel (3 Ur 235, 6 Ur 238) gets you one tiny Plutonium and some number of Uranium 238 iunno. MOX fuel (3 Plutonium, 6 Ur 238) gets you 3 Plutonium 3 tiny Plutonium after it's been depleted. Hence MOX fuel turns 6 Uranium 238 into 3 tiny plutonium, giving back the plutonium you used making it.

At that stage you just automate it and hope you don't run out of the 'useless' stuff. thankfully they're like 2.6 mb of UU matter.

2. You have no idea how much I would kill for a diamond world i mean those galgadorian blocks aren't gonna make themselves

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: I found it - the recipe is in the FTB Utilities in-game Hint Book for the modpack (by pressing E).

How do we make Anointing Paste to progress Witchery? There's no recipe in NEI, and the recipe I found online doesn't work (due to Expert Mode recipe changes I assume). Perhaps it is found in one of the Witchery Books? I made as many books as I can make right now and didn't find any mention of the Paste.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Now I can't make the Mana Petals for the Paste. LOL The fun just never ends. :) Magic mods and me just do not get along, and never will. I'm a tech guy all the way.

I made Endoflames about 2 weeks ago, and those required the Petals where you drop them into a Mana Pool to convert them (EDIT: No they don't require them). But now it isn't working for some reason. I need what appears to be four Light Blue Mana Petals to make a Paste.

So how do I make Mana Petals for Anointing Paste, since dropping Petals into a Mana Pool isn't working?

I need to elevate this to "potential bug" status... I went into NEI and pulled up the Mana Pool, from there I can page thru all 164 recipes. There are ZERO recipes for making the Mana-infused Petals. I also paged thru the Botania Lexicon and also found ZERO mention of Mana-infused Petals. It appears to me that they've been removed from the mod entirely, except Infinity Evolved still requires four of them to make Anointing Paste.

I'm having so many issues with these magic mods, I'm beginning to believe that I'm the only person on the planet who is actively trying to progress thru the magical portion of the modpack. How can it be that nobody else is having these same issues and reporting them on the FTB Forums? Boggles my mind.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm having so many issues with these magic mods, I'm beginning to believe that I'm the only person on the planet who is actively trying to progress thru the magical portion of the modpack. How can it be that nobody else is having these same issues and reporting them on the FTB Forums? Boggles my mind.
Wish I could help you. Like you, I tend to avoid magic mods.

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
Now I can't make the Mana Petals for the Paste. LOL The fun just never ends. :) Magic mods and me just do not get along, and never will. I'm a tech guy all the way.

I made Endoflames about 2 weeks ago, and those required the Petals where you drop them into a Mana Pool to convert them (EDIT: No they don't require them). But now it isn't working for some reason. I need what appears to be four Light Blue Mana Petals to make a Paste.

Can't help you with the paste recipe, but I know mana petals were removed from all recipes in a recent Botania update. That's probably why you can't create them anymore.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Can't help you with the paste recipe, but I know mana petals were removed from all recipes in a recent Botania update. That's probably why you can't create them anymore.

That's precisely what I suspected given my perusal of all the mods involved, the manuals, the wikis, the forums, etc. Thank you for the information.

I'll go post this over in the modpack bugs Forum I guess.

Whoops, it's already been reported, so I guess that's a good thing... http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/2-3-3-anointing-paste-cant-be-crafted.138958/

Oh, and I see they weren't light blue petals anyways, but rather the recipe is for CYAN petals. Note for mod/modpack designers: this is why we always need tooltips for recipes, and the FTB Utilities hint book for the pack doesn't contain them in the recipes that are shown.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Thats just a other reason why I wont upgrade to 2.3.3 for the moment then :)
But if all mana petals were removed, why did I spend 3 days making a magic flower farm :(

Question: I have to start over with Thaumcraft now. As like a lot of others, I did research everything 4 times by now and not willing to do it a 5.th.
I found the "cheat" commands for TC4 but not working link to a list were all the researches are.
I mean for "/Thaumcraft Dentvar research stupidresearch"
The ingame name of the research does not work. It says "there is no such research" if I try with for example "advanced node tapping" or "AdvancedNodeTapping"
Any one got a link?

I would like to se TC5 into this pack :( But no 1.7 support for now I think.

Edit: This is not the easy answer Thread... Damn. I will leave it here anyway now. Sorry.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The didn't remove ALL mana petals - just the version of the petals where you used to drop them into a Mana Pool and receive a "Mana-Infused Petal". The regular petals (from the flowers) are still in the game. One thing we noticed, however... turning Botania Petals into the powder version by using the mortar and pestle, well that powder has lost its ability to act as dyes in this modpack for some reason. Botania "petal powder" used to be the best source - the easiest source - of all the dye colors. They DO work for coloring the OpenBlocks Elevator blocks... but they do NOT work as a substitute for any dye in any recipe. Very disappointing, but no idea who is to blame for that change, the mod itself or the modpack...

And I hear ya brother, regarding doing Thaumcraft research tree for the ninth or tenth or twentieth time. At some point, Thaumcraft will just die because the entire modded minecraft player community is gonna refuse en masse to jump thru the research hoops AGAIN. JUST SAY NO! lol It's a great mod, don't get me wrong... but I'm sure most will understand perfectly what I mean. Dentvar understands, quite clearly. LOL Best solution to this recurring problem in modpack land? These two webpages, they're the best we can do if we do not have access to Creative mode:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...o-discover-all-aspects-updated-for-4-2.33605/
http://ythri.github.io/tcresearch/

Reactions: splashblue