Boiler fuel question.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
2 full size railcraft tanks full of oil now and only on my 4th remote oil well. 2 36HP boilers running on fuel, burning almost nothing at full heat. Next project, biofuel from forestry. Anyone know how many tree-farms per squeezer per fermenter per still and that sort of thing? I guess I'm asking the basic number of each machine in a biofuel setup to keep it all running and not have too much extra of any one thing.

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
Your best bet would actually be for a wheat farm or sugar cane farm for stuff to ferment. Tree farms are much slower than a fully built sugar cane farm. You could take a look at a few of Generikb's videos for a little info on how to get that set up if you want.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Your best bet would actually be for a wheat farm or sugar cane farm for stuff to ferment. Tree farms are much slower than a fully built sugar cane farm. You could take a look at a few of Generikb's videos for a little info on how to get that set up if you want.
Ok thanks, I'll check him out.

MeinerEiner

Jul 29, 2019
I have a new Forestry Multifarm (5x5) runnung with Redwood sapplings. This one alone produce more Biofuel with the sapplings than 2 old Sucar Cane Farm. And the Wood production is just insane.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I have a new Forestry Multifarm (5x5) runnung with Redwood sapplings. This one alone produce more Biofuel with the sapplings than 2 old Sucar Cane Farm. And the Wood production is just insane.
Using the wood for charcoals to run more HP boilers?

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I always thought Redwood saplings weren't compatiable with Forestry machines that turn saplings into biofuel.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that's great! With a quick writeup, a turtle should be able to produce me a good amount of goodies! Thank you!

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Those trees can also be used to make 6 planks + 1/8 charcoal per log in a (theral expansion machine).
I know that you can easily run a 36HP boiler out of the planks, if your log input is good enough (steve's cart is usually enough for that).

Like this, the farm double it's efficiency, as it now gives a way to produce even more energy with the logs, that would otherwise get stuffed into barrels, and not really be used in mass quantities.

That's a good enough reason to stick to the saplings for the fermenter, in my opinion.
If you need that extra power, that is, else, it's debatable if it's really that better or not.