Would you build this?

Would you build this?

• Total voters

Geekman9097

Jul 29, 2019
Would build, have got the materials up to build, built, never turned it on. deleted world when another mod corrupted the save.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Only once built in creative, before the nerf with the liquid nitrogen. I would need to keep my worlds longer if I want to get this far.

blackdevil8975

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I build a Fusion Reactor today in SMP but it won't work, the solenoid is at the right height and everything is built like in Reika's Video, its keep shooting out at one site and won't make a circle. I noticed that the elektrofication doesnt shoot through the last(!!) Toroid Magnet, doesnt matter how many van de graaff generators I'm using, no change. Fixed it. Still keeps shooting out.. (Picture)

Attachments

• 2015-05-09_19.47.15.jpg
    2015-05-09_19.47.15.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
At first glance, I'd say your rings aren't properly aligned. I'm not sure how forgiving the alignment is though. And it might be the picture. But I believe you also need housings at each of the four sides, regardless of whether or not the injector is active.

blackdevil8975

Jul 29, 2019
The eletric now goes through all toroid magnets, built it like in Reikas video, he too just got one housing. And in other Videos there is only one too.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hey guys, I build a Fusion Reactor today in SMP but it won't work, the solenoid is at the right height and everything is built like in Reika's Video, its keep shooting out at one site and won't make a circle. I noticed that the elektrofication doesnt shoot through the last(!!) Toroid Magnet, doesnt matter how many van de graaff generators I'm using, no change. Fixed it. Still keeps shooting out.. (Picture)
I can see what is wrong from the screenshot - use the blueprint highlighter.

blackdevil8975

Jul 29, 2019
And now? Looks like everything is in place. Or do I really need more Injectors?

Omg, that Gas Turbines :D (Pic2)

//edit Doesnt work with 4 Injectors either.

Attachments

• fusion_new.jpg
    fusion_new.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • gas_turbines.jpg
    gas_turbines.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The liquid nitrogen for the magnets I guess. Which is where Reika's video is outdated.

blackdevil8975

Jul 29, 2019
The liquid nitrogen for the magnets I guess. Which is where Reika's video is outdated.

Wow, thats the point I think! Thanks! but another question, how do I get that liquid nitrogen into the magnets? Before I just used it for Magnetostatic engines :D

blackdevil8975

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh got it! with a single pipe at the top! Looks a bit creepy but it works, thanks guys, maybe the video should be updated, you cant find any with the liquid nitrogen.

Phiboy

Jul 29, 2019
Igot this problem where i can only get 1 plasma orb insted of plasma chain, could someone help me out abit?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 62

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't look like any of the other injectors are getting plasma. I believe all four need to be getting plasma before the chain will fill in.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Doesn't look like any of the other injectors are getting plasma. I believe all four need to be getting plasma before the chain will fill in.
Umm... no. While it's been a very long time since I messed with fusion, at the time you could make a plasma "death ray" by feeding plasma into an isolated injector multiblock, without any solenoids or toroids anywhere in sight. So unless Reika's changed it, you can make a functional (if less efficient than it might otherwise be) fusion reactor with only one injector multiblock. If you also put in the injector tile entities where they would be if you added the other three injector multiblocks (without all the magnetic pipes and insulation), it'll also conduct electricity from your Van de Graaff all the way around. That's how Reika built the reactor in his how-to-fusion YouTube video when he first created the thing.

My guess is that Phyboy isn't producing enough plasma to run the injector. Try taking an angular transducer to the plasma pipe; see if there's actually anything in it.

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
As soon as v16 comes out. :) And you are correct, it is an accurate-as-possible Tokamak Nuclear Fusion Reactor.
*Note: Just being picky* Not quite. For the most part, I'm impressed by the accuracy, but there are a few things that aren't right. I can't see why the solenoid in the center would need to spin, given that it's a colloidal magnet and its field is only to spur vertical movement and restrict horizontal plasma movement. And why is it on the inside? Also, why do the deuterium and tritium mix before the injection? In tokamaks, tritium plasma is injected into an already-mobile deuterium plasma.

A

Afx237v7

To answer the question "Would you build this?", yes, I am doing it right now.
One thing that I've been wondering about is whether the neutron emission takes place on only one Y-Level or on several Y-levels? I have recently seen a video of someone building multiple layers of boilers & neutron absorbers/reflectors and was wondering if this is actually worth the effort or not (400 boilers and 100 absorbers vs. a multiple of this do make a difference).