Aqueous Accumulator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to remember blaze getting a nerf a while ago, but did they get one again in the most recent update? The server I play on hasn't updated Mindcrack yet so if that's the case, sorry for the misinformation. As of now, the 36HP boiler is always full of blaze rods.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Tip: Use Gold Waterproof Pipe on the Aqueous Accumulator.

It will pump the water faster. (noticable for filling buckets with Liquid Transposers).

Reactions: tabs

Syrinori

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to remember blaze getting a nerf a while ago, but did they get one again in the most recent update? The server I play on hasn't updated Mindcrack yet so if that's the case, sorry for the misinformation. As of now, the 36HP boiler is always full of blaze rods.
Indeed they did, i think they give like 0.3 heat now. far less than even charcoal.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Tip: Use Gold Waterproof Pipe on the Aqueous Accumulator.

It will pump the water faster. (noticable for filling buckets with Liquid Transposers).

As opposed to using no piping, and having it pump directly into the boiler? Besides that, though, why do you need faster than "already fast enough to keep the boiler full"?

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed they did, i think they give like 0.3 heat now. far less than even charcoal.

In DW20, it's 0.5k. I seem to remember them somewhere at or around charcoal level in the last version of Mindcrack? Something like that.

If the plan was "nerf blaze rods because they're infinite with soul shards", then we can just spend a bit more time on a wither spawner and get coal for our boilers instead. Plus, all the fun extras- wither heads to get nether stars to throw in those Gregtech generators, bones to make methane, etc. Wither are a power source powerhouse. Although I do see the reasoning for the blaze nerf, as tier 5 blaze shards are really easy to get.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
As opposed to using no piping, and having it pump directly into the boiler? Besides that, though, why do you need faster than "already fast enough to keep the boiler full"?
If, say, you decided to use 2 accumulators in case of chunk loading errors.

Probably best to have 2 on opposite ends, with separate water tiles, both connected to the same pipe system. Pumping faster is nice, since then even if there's a double-glitch, the water will get there faster so you don't run the risk of running dry.

Last thing you want is your boiler exploding because of some game glitch. It comes up all the time on this forum. I'm an engineer, so I design everything in the game for the worst-case scenario.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
If you're touting your engineer status then you'd plan your boiler and accumulator setup to be fully within one chunk boundary, which is easily doable using the chunk coordinates provided with the F3 debug menu. Don't skimp on the planning!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
If, say, you decided to use 2 accumulators in case of chunk loading errors.

If you're touting your engineer status then you'd plan your boiler and accumulator setup to be fully within one chunk boundary, which is easily doable using the chunk coordinates provided with the F3 debug menu. Don't skimp on the planning!

This, times the square root of a rainbow. If you are willing to plan for chunk loading errors by adding a second water source, then you should be taking it to the logical conclusion and remove the ability for a chunk loading error to be an issue.

Reactions: trunksbomb

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
This, times the square root of a rainbow. If you are willing to plan for chunk loading errors by adding a second water source, then you should be taking it to the logical conclusion and remove the ability for a chunk loading error to be an issue.
That's just one example. There's other scenarios that can go wrong.

Where's that thread about water source blocks randomly disappearing?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
That's just one example. There's other scenarios that can go wrong.

Where's that thread about water source blocks randomly disappearing?

Build a 3x3 pool under your boiler (which floats because of the magic of steam, of course), and then place the accumulator in the middle. You then have four source blocks to put into the accumulator, each of which have source blocks around THEM being rebuilt.

If a 3x3 accumulator pool system fails, the god of MineCraft hates you and you should likely be off doing something productive as you are doomed.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I've never actually had a source block just.. disappear on me.

If you want to really overengineer it, use golden waterproof pipes as stated earlier. Put a gate on them to detect liquid traversing. If the accumulators ever stop, send a signal to an autarchic gate on a wooden waterproof pipe hooked to some kind of water reserve (rainwater tank, RC tank, etc). That should give you plenty of time to fix the vanishing water source blocks.

On top of that, use 4+ deployers with a bucket of water such that there is always flowing water touching the accumulators. One deploys and another one sucks its water back up. Less room for error, right?! Kidding.

Reactions: Guswut

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
You can fit a 9x9x8 tank of fuel and 4 36HP boilers in a single chunk on a single plane.

And one Aqueous accumulator can feed all four with water.

Reactions: Guswut

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
How many buckets (or millibuckets, I'm not picky, I can multiply by one thousand it my head) is "tons"? I wish I remembered the exact amount of heat required to get the thing to 500°, as you'd be able to use that value to calculate how much fuel you'd need. But, at worst, you heat it up a bit and see that you don't have anywhere near enough.
5,450,353.92 heatunits are needed to get a 36LP boiler to max heat. For this you need 1703.24 buckets of creosote and 2.55 hours of time. During max heat the boiler will burn 178.2 buckets of creosote per hour.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
You're not going to be able to use that fuel to get it up to heat at all. Creosote oil is rubbish for fuel.

But it is completely free with logs->charcoal after startup cost so.. do it en mass and you can run some boilers off of it just fine. The footprint will likely be very large, but doable.