Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Remember when Nvidia had that unknown flaw in their cpu that burned out cards the moment you flew over Searing Gorge after a Blizzard patch put more stress on the cards? It got past QC and fried a ton of cards mine included. I couldn't raid or pvp for a month since no one knew what the issue was until it was too late.
Didn't they also once release a driver that disabled the fans on several cards, killing them?

And people say AMD's drivers suck. :p

Reactions: Firebats

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I stopped having faith in NVidia as a company when they knew about a hardware flaw and let it get put into hundreds of thousands of video cards, laptops, and mobile devices, which eventually turned many of them into bricks. People sued the shit out of them with a class action lawsuit and won.

Unfortunately a lot of them are still floating around on Ebay and Amazon, new and used, with unsuspecting people still getting screwed by it.

Firebats

Jul 29, 2019
I stopped having faith in NVidia as a company when they knew about a hardware flaw and let it get put into hundreds of thousands of video cards, laptops, and mobile devices, which eventually turned many of them into bricks. People sued the shit out of them with a class action lawsuit and won.

Unfortunately a lot of them are still floating around on Ebay and Amazon, new and used, with unsuspecting people still getting screwed by it.

Yeah I had one of the cards but since it was out of warranty they were able to weasel out of paying up on it since they could claim the card died on it's own.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
So, this is more of a short little blurb showing my appreciation than anything, but also just showing how well i feel when considering certain minecraft mods.
Botania, is in my opinion, one of the greatest minecraft mods ever made. Not because it has the most content ever in it, or because the models are the best I've ever seen, but it is it amazing in so many other, not so commonly known, ways.
@Vazkii Did a insanely good job with the tiers of flowers, the whole concept is very unique, and my personal favorite, the updates are consistent, and immense.
Sure there is the occasional bug fix update, but by the time i update my modpacks anyway, they've usually came out with that fix before i even get around to doing it. He truly loves devloping, and its very obvious in the way he creates botania, as well as his other mods.

Thanks, Sly.

Last edited:

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Or they're like like 12

Oh and this might be interesting to some. The coming of Pazinor.

Azanor Retweeted
Pahimar ‏@Pahimar Feb 5

GUIZ IT'S HAPPENING!!! cc: @Azanor1

B9GifqbCMAEDmig.png
Wow, first PahiWolf20. Now Azamar. The shipping love triangle continues.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Aww man. You just gave me more ideas for my shipfic <3
Dire strokes Azanor's cheek. "Azanor..." He says as he stars into Azanor's beautiful eyes.
Expect it on fanfiction.net by next week
Wow, I have to admit I did not think people were capable of shipping that.

Reactions: Lyra_Chan

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
My son and me just released a new version of Not Enough Wands (1.2.2):

Version 1.2.2:
  • Fixed a problem with the building wand in row mode where it would fail to extend 2-wide walls
  • The building and swapping wand will no longer consume or replace blocks in the inventory if you are in creative mode

Download: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/Minecraft/235595-not-enough-wands

Have fun!

Reactions: RedBoss

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Fork of Realistic Fluid Overhaul
https://bitbucket.org/keybounce/min...icFluids-Alpha3.3-CompatTest-Cofh-Streams.jar

* Adds "/enableflow <true|false>" to turn flowing fluid on/off. Defaults to off on server start. Note that anything other than "true" is taken to be "false"
* Adds "/deflood" to attempt removal of extra flowing fluid on top of mod fluid. Primary intent: Streams, during initial worldgen, generate massive surplus water.
* Absorption rate of flowing fluid into mod fluid can be tweaked in config file. Default rate will prevent flooding in most (almost all?) cases, but you might want infinite watergen for steam engines, or hydro dams, etc.

Although it's labeled as "alpha", this should now be at least as, and maybe more stable than, 4Head's old release.

Please don't post direct download links. It's just asking for someone to post a link to a virus or something.

Reactions: Lyra_Chan