Tinkers' construct masters, what are you best tips and tricks!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
What are you favorite tools to make with tinkers? For me I just realized that you can make an INSANE sword if you use magical wood on direwolf 20. What about you guys?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
What are you favorite tools to make with tinkers? For me I just realized that you can make an INSANE sword if you use magical wood on direwolf 20. What about you guys?
Please do tell of this magical wood!
What does it do, what wood do you mean, what modifiers does it give?

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
Please do tell of this magical wood!
What does it do, what wood do you mean, what modifiers does it give?

Type "magical wood" into NEI, then use that to make a tinkers sword. Its REALLY crappy, BUT it has 11 modifers. Ive seen people get their sword up to 60 damage using it.

Reactions: mattp_12

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
You have to make the entire tool out of magical wood to get 11 modifiers. I've been using it to make unbreakable tools for Progressive Automation (and a Beheading X scythe to kill wither skellies...)

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
Wtih Iguana Tweaks, you can actually use the magical wood to get all 11 modifiers, and then replace all the parts. The extra modifier isn't taken away, like other material traits.... Or at least it was like that, I'm not near my computer to verify it's still correct.

Reactions: Predatorkillol

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Wtih Iguana Tweaks, you can actually use the magical wood to get all 11 modifiers, and then replace all the parts. The extra modifier isn't taken away, like other material traits.... Or at least it was like that, I'm not near my computer to verify it's still correct.
Yes, but presumably that's a bug. Even if it's not, it feels like cheating. Of course, my current instance doesn't have Iguana Tweaks (normally I don't even have TiC, but I wanted to work on my building skills so I put together an "easy mode" modpack for myself.)

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
If you feel cheaty by using this enderium for every Single Tool as head signalium for every bow limb(crossbow with 0,25 drawspeed OP)

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
If you feel cheaty by using this enderium for every Single Tool as head signalium for every bow limb(crossbow with 0,25 drawspeed OP)

If u got Rotarycrat in ur Modpack. using Bedrock Alloy Ingots for the crossbow more then doubles the arrow speed in conparison to signalum. I made a bedrock crossbow with enderium bolts = 200+ hearts of damage :)

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
If u got Rotarycrat in ur Modpack. using Bedrock Alloy Ingots for the crossbow more then doubles the arrow speed in conparison to signalum. I made a bedrock crossbow with enderium bolts = 200+ hearts of damage :)

I tried this and realized I Couldn't do it in direwolf20 and got REALLY sad, cause that sounds amazing.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019

Enderium is my fave choice for swords and pick until I start making DE stuff. Enderium crossbow with enderium tipped alumite bolts is the only way to take on a chaos dragon IMO (+99 attack total). An ardite hammer will be stupid fast once its durability is worn down, then add a capacitor or energy cell.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Enderium is my fave choice for swords and pick until I start making DE stuff. Enderium crossbow with enderium tipped alumite bolts is the only way to take on a chaos dragon IMO (+99 attack total). An ardite hammer will be stupid fast once its durability is worn down, then add a capacitor or energy cell.

I thought this "feature" of adding power after wearing it down was removed... Hrrrmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
I think bows in total got nerved
And what is better shooting 2-4. Times per second with 80 dmg or enderium drawspeed + wanting a Lot of redstone for a little better result

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I thought this "feature" of adding power after wearing it down was removed... Hrrrmmm

I'm told the same thing every time I post the old 4x Ardite Hammer w/RF Capacitor "trick" with the 8x Stonebound... that it doesn't work that way anymore. Was fun while it lasted. :)

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
I'm told the same thing every time I post the old 4x Ardite Hammer w/RF Capacitor "trick" with the 8x Stonebound... that it doesn't work that way anymore. Was fun while it lasted. :)
I don't think its removed, cause I'm on a direwolf20 server and use it all the time

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
You may be using it yes, but do you actually get the speed boost? Sure you can wear it down and add a capacitor, but if it doesn't keep the stonebound speed.. what's the point in wearing it down?