Tinkers' construct masters, what are you best tips and tricks!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
You may be using it yes, but do you actually get the speed boost? Sure you can wear it down and add a capacitor, but if it doesn't keep the stonebound speed.. what's the point in wearing it down?

oh trust me I'm getting the speed bonus.

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
I mean a full enderium Top
Has already a 23 mining speed i think it doesnt matter if you then add redstone or other stuff until you mining speed is about 70 then it goes like the atomic disassembler

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
Has already a 23 mining speed i think it doesnt matter if you then add redstone or other stuff until you mining speed is about 70 then it goes like the atomic disassembler

Which ftb pack lets you use enderium with tinkers'

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
How'd you get the 23 mining speed? I am running a separate mod setup (not a modpack) and Enderium only gets a mining speed of 3. Did it get nerfed?

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it got nerfed. Enderium is pretty much useless for Tinker's tools now, unless you change the configs yourself.

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
Yes, it got nerfed. Enderium is pretty much useless for Tinker's tools now, unless you change the configs yourself.
Considering it's a near-endgame alloy, why'd they nerf it so hard? Also, in what config do I edit its durability and mining speed? There's no entry for it that I can find, which I take to be the mod authors purposely making it so no one could un-nerf it, ever.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
No idea. I'd thought all the materials values was listed in the ExtraTIC config (I'd swear they used to be) but it appears they aren't now, so probably can't change it. It definitely needed to be nerfed, but now it's far too weak, as far as I'm concerned.

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
Well, at least I can switch back to earlier versions of ExtraTIC (1.4.5 in fact), so I can finally enjoy somewhat-overpowered enderium. Would've been better if enderium was nerfed to, say, 15 mining speed instead of 3.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I just looked at my enderium tools in Infinity game with latest version and my fast pick is still at 32 mining speed. I did some mining with enderium hammer and pick and they seem fine. Am I getting a false reading?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I just looked at my enderium tools in Infinity game with latest version and my fast pick is still at 32 mining speed. I did some mining with enderium hammer and pick and they seem fine. Am I getting a false reading?

If they were created prior to ExtraTIC updating, they will be unaffected. If ExtraTIC is up to date and you make new tools, things might look different. That said, I just made a Signalum Pick in Infinity Evolved and the speed/mining level seem just as broken as before (prior to Expert mode being a thing).

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
If they were created prior to ExtraTIC updating, they will be unaffected. If ExtraTIC is up to date and you make new tools, things might look different. That said, I just made a Signalum Pick in Infinity Evolved and the speed/mining level seem just as broken as before (prior to Expert mode being a thing).
I just looked in NEI in a new Infinity game and a enderium pick shows 23 mining speed.

2016-06-01_14.05.30.png

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Fantastic. Now every material can basically be interchanged with every other material, since no material "stands out from the crowd" anymore.

Well, at least all my tools won't have to be "enderium green". Maybe now I can just build my tools based on pretty colors instead of the material properties. That will be so much better, so thank ExtraTiC for the nerfs! Let's just nerf every material so they're all exactly the same statistics. Isn't that how our world is going? Any "He, She or It" can use the same bathrooom? LMFAO

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand the nerf on enderium. It's not that easy to get. Also signalum is nerfed? Meaning no more signalum crossbows for the ender dragon? I can see I will be reverting back to older versions if it updates, which apparently it hasn't. And not even allowing for changing the values seems kinda silly too. Is there any reason or rationale given on change logs or elsewhere?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Fantastic. Now every material can basically be interchanged with every other material, since no material "stands out from the crowd" anymore.

Well, at least all my tools won't have to be "enderium green". Maybe now I can just build my tools based on pretty colors instead of the material properties. That will be so much better, so thank ExtraTiC for the nerfs! Let's just nerf every material so they're all exactly the same statistics. Isn't that how our world is going? Any "He, She or It" can use the same bathrooom? LMFAO

Just because they got nerfed doesn't mean they aren't usable. Frankly, having the TE metals so far above everything else has just been silly. The Signalum Crossbow, although fun, has no rival, which takes away choice. Bringing things back in line will prompt people to experiment with new combinations again to find the new "best" tools. Even if the ExtraTIC materials are still top dogs, having them closer to the pack will help some makers balance their packs easier.

Reactions: rhn and asb3pe

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
Just because they got nerfed doesn't mean they aren't usable. Frankly, having the TE metals so far above everything else has just been silly. The Signalum Crossbow, although fun, has no rival, which takes away choice. Bringing things back in line will prompt people to experiment with new combinations again to find the new "best" tools. Even if the ExtraTIC materials are still top dogs, having them closer to the pack will help some makers balance their packs easier.
Imho, it should have a config option to disable the nerfs. That way, if someone wants to go all out with the silly levels of damage and speed, they can.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
They definitely needed nerfed, but enderium should at least be on the level of cobalt/ardite/manyullyn, not at a level where I'd never make anything out of it. Bedrock is still super op, though. :)

Still, I wish I'd gotten around to making an enderium battleaxe before it got nerfed. Battleaxes look cool, but are useless if you can't one shot things, because the knockback just lets skeletons shoot you more and witches use more potions.

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
They definitely needed nerfed, but enderium should at least be on the level of cobalt/ardite/manyullyn, not at a level where I'd never make anything out of it. Bedrock is still super op, though. :)

Still, I wish I'd gotten around to making an enderium battleaxe before it got nerfed. Battleaxes look cool, but are useless if you can't one shot things, because the knockback just lets skeletons shoot you more and witches use more potions.
Yeah, enderium should've still been moderately powerful, instead of the crap we have now. Just make stuff in an older version of TE and you'll be fine, even when you upgrade, because stats are saved. I might upgrade, once I finish superk's awesome tool/weapon set (optimized for speed on tools except where speed causes lack of precision, and optimized for damage over durability on weapons (one can never have too much damage, damage over dura simply b/c capacitors and flux modifier)).