Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Having been here since modding first came around, way back when, I kinda disagree that modded minecraft is getting moldy. I love that modded minecraft has evolved so much, there's things like Gregtech, TerraFirmaCraft, infinity, BnB, crash landing, AG2, etc. Also, I don't have any sort of GL problems with 1.7.10? Maybe thats just the comp

Reactions: dragon_fang101

sinkillerj

Jul 29, 2019
how do we wrench items now?
Other mods that add things such as the cardboard box for moving tiles. The feature was something Moze added way back when he was developing the mod, it has never made particular sense, or been particularly useful as it only worked on PE tiles. You can pick up PE blocks just fine with a pick.

Firebats

Jul 29, 2019
One can only hope that the talks between Microsoft and Forge get going and they bring others in as well. As far as the GL errors go they've happened across multiple pc's and video cards with different mobo's and Os's back since Vanilla. Some people with exact same systems one gets it one doesn't. I have found that I get more of the chunk errors when using either Biome's O Plenty or ExtraBiomes Xl, specifically a few Biomes in each mod cause them and if you get near them you have to log out or the whole world gen in that area stays screwed up. I had to resort to disabling certain biomes to prevent that. I'm currently playing Infinity without any biome mods to have a clean play.

I've played Gregtech since it came out and tried 5 which was interesting and 6 but he's still changing stuff so much and so often you can't really play it much. I've played some of the other mods listed and their fun and currently awaiting FTB hard mode. Now as to my moldy comment that was meant in general not for some of the really greats mods out there.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
One can only hope that the talks between Microsoft and Forge get going and they bring others in as well.

I've probably said it before, but either Lex's account of their interest was exaggerated, or the Microsoft team isn't very familiar with API development or Minecraft modding. It's two completely separate languages, so there are drastic differences right from the get-go as to how mods would be loaded. The internal structure of MCPE/Win10 Edition is also significantly different than Java Minecraft, so very little about the API design would carry over there either. It's akin to a company that makes garage doors being questioned by a company that makes wall safes. They both have doors, that's about it. Only loose concepts would carry over. So as I was saying, if the Microsoft team isn't already familiar with those, that would be a bit disconcerting. That's why I'm more inclined to believe the former possibility.

If Mojang's plugin API ends up being some kind of command block scripting language, then that's more likely to be what would eventually end up in MCPE/Win10 Edition. If not, then it would be something completely unique to that version.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
One can only hope that the talks between Microsoft and Forge get going and they bring others in as well. As far as the GL errors go they've happened across multiple pc's and video cards with different mobo's and Os's back since Vanilla. Some people with exact same systems one gets it one doesn't. I have found that I get more of the chunk errors when using either Biome's O Plenty or ExtraBiomes Xl, specifically a few Biomes in each mod cause them and if you get near them you have to log out or the whole world gen in that area stays screwed up. I had to resort to disabling certain biomes to prevent that. I'm currently playing Infinity without any biome mods to have a clean play.

I've played Gregtech since it came out and tried 5 which was interesting and 6 but he's still changing stuff so much and so often you can't really play it much. I've played some of the other mods listed and their fun and currently awaiting FTB hard mode. Now as to my moldy comment that was meant in general not for some of the really greats mods out there.
What operating system? What graphics card?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Firebats

Jul 29, 2019
I've probably said it before, but either Lex's account of their interest was exaggerated, or the Microsoft team isn't very familiar with API development or Minecraft modding. It's two completely separate languages, so there are drastic differences right from the get-go as to how mods would be loaded. The internal structure of MCPE/Win10 Edition is also significantly different than Java Minecraft, so very little about the API design would carry over there either. It's akin to a company that makes garage doors being questioned by a company that makes wall safes. They both have doors, that's about it. Only loose concepts would carry over. So as I was saying, if the Microsoft team isn't already familiar with those, that would be a bit disconcerting. That's why I'm more inclined to believe the former possibility.

If Mojang's plugin API ends up being some kind of command block scripting language, then that's more likely to be what would eventually end up in MCPE/Win10 Edition. If not, then it would be something completely unique to that version.
Thanks for the clarification.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Since some clarification is needed yet again as to the purpose of this thread:
Disclaimer warning: This post contain only 2 exclamation marks, no word "spam" or "troll" and contain legit updates posted within the limits of this thread rules. Moving this post to "RED" will force me to report this as user restricting or abuse .

If you post in the news thread with no actual updates, your post will get moved. Simple as that. The news thread isn't for discussion, that's what this one is here for. The only posts that get moved from the news thread are those that contain zero information on updates. Your post that I yanked this quote from fits within what's allowed, but the posts of yours that I moved a few weeks ago did not.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Since some clarification is needed yet again as to the purpose of this thread:

If you post in the news thread with no actual updates, your post will get moved. Simple as that. The news thread isn't for discussion, that's what this one is here for. The only posts that get moved from the news thread are those that contain zero information on updates. Your post that I yanked this quote from fits within what's allowed, but the posts of yours that I moved a few weeks ago did not.
At last! So my enemy has a face and its mr. Padfoote. Thanks for "late" clarification.

Chocohead

Jul 29, 2019
This is neither a new mod or update. If point of user posting this was to show that nuclear control 2 is available for 1.7.10 i have to point out its doubleposting. Or is he sponsored by curse to do so?
Actually it is. Version 2.3.0-Butt was just released. Please don't spread mis-information.

Also the link you counted as doubleposting is wrong even if a new update wasn't released when it moved to Curse, as the newest version before was 2.2.5, unlike your link which had 2.2.0.

Reactions: xbony2

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Funny fact mr. Chocohead. Your post doesn't include any update informations and will be moved. Mine does. I am calling mighty hand of justice! mr Padfoote its your turn...

Let's not get all "holy warrior" over moving posts / trying to hold discussions in the news thread while hiding it behind news, alright? This is already getting ridiculous.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Let's not get all "holy warrior" over moving posts / trying to hold discussions in the news thread while hiding it behind news, alright? This is already getting ridiculous.
Sure. I only used the opportunity to respond to mr. Chocohead comment and corrected (refined) mr. Yusunoha amazing news post to actually include "news" at the same time. Peaceful and innocent. ("hand of justice" was just a compliment incorrectly enhanced with misplaced exclamation mark)

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
So we are now posting (not really)new "EVERYTHING" from curse mr Yusunoha

This is neither a new mod or update. If point of user posting this was to show that nuclear control 2 is available for 1.7.10 i have to point out its doubleposting. Or is he sponsored by curse to do so?

OK as i promised lets t.... ! @bait

"i" Is For Inventoryby Spinach_Chicken

(this one is legit and totally useful mod, veryy recommended by masterzh)

Industrialcraft 2 2.2.782 by IC2team

(going to post update each day and .... this thread with eventful IC2 updates)

WR-CBE - RedPower by chicken_bones

(Is it new mod? No. Is it new on curse? Yes. There you go, new update)

Ohh, and in yesterday update of relevant thing about relevant stuff there were no planets which is sad.

Disclaimer warning: This post contain only 2 exclamation marks, no word "spam" or "troll" and contain legit updates posted within the limits of this thread rules. Moving this post to "RED" will force me to report this as user restricting or abuse .

I see no information in mentioned post regarding "UPDATE" of NC2. Its copy-paste of curseforge Nuclear Control 2 mod overview with ZERO information about any update, changelog or news so my point stands. It feel like cheap advertising instead of community update.

Here:

New evening, new curseforgeupdate, say hello to @xbony2 with Nuclear Control 2 2.3.0a-Butt

Funny fact mr. Chocohead. Your post doesn't include any update informations and will be moved. Mine does. I am calling mighty hand of justice! mr Padfoote its your turn...

Waah yusunoha doesn't get time to check all the updates and if they've been posted and somebody doesn't like me complaining. I get that other people have already said this but jeez have some respect, this probably takes up a fair chunk of his free time.

Reactions: Adagiovibe

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

regarding NC2, yes, it's true that there was no update to the mod itself, but I often find it worth mentioning if a popular mod becomes available on CurseForge, as it'll be alot easier for users to find the mod and keep up with it's updates. as you've noticed, I get update information from CurseForge, I used to get the news from other places aswell, but that took me alot, ALOT of time to check each day. do note that I'm not the project leader or something from this project, it's everyone's project and if people want to contribute, they can. I just check CurseForge daily and post updates from mods that I think is worth mentioning. if you feel like another mod should also be mentioned, you can post that update if you feel like it. also note, this project isn't only about mods, it's about anything concerning vanilla or modded minecraft, be it vanilla updates, mod updates, resource packs, maps, things related to the community and so on.