INFO: Yay, more glass!
NEW: Quartz Tiles
INFO: Yay, Tiles!
NEW: Dyable Quartz Blocks
INFO: Yay, More.... Blocks... I guess >.>
CHANGE: Hardness of Quartz Lamp
INFO: It was too slow to break, so I made it easier to break
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/235884-quartz-party/files/2259151

Sadly no, LMT update ^^"" There is going to be a big update to make up for it, I promise :3
Dang it, now I need to update my mod journal!
:p

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/236370-a-new-dawn-botania So here is a thing that shouldn't exist. While I disagree with the nerfs some times, this is just... no. What are your guys and gals opinions on it?

It's in line with the license and clearly states it's not taking over botania. Botania is so well known, this isn't going to hurt it in any way. I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of it. Was reading through the hate comments on his page. Srsly it's getting more popular by the minute by every idiot hyping it up.

Wait for Vazkii to say what he/she thinks on the matter. The author would probably take it down if it goes against his/her wishes.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

tausrus222

Jul 29, 2019
It's in line with the license and clearly states it's not taking over botania. Botania is so well known, this isn't going to hurt it in any way. I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of it. Was reading through the hate comments on his page. Srsly it's getting more popular by the minute by every idiot hyping it up.

Wait for Vazkii to say what he/she thinks on the matter. The author would probably take it down if it goes against his/her wishes.

Vazkii has stated she does not care about it according to her twitter see: https://twitter.com/Vazkii/status/647405640336470016 & https://twitter.com/Vazkii/status/647405769378369537

I never intended for this to become so popular, and due to the massive amounts of hate flooding into my inboxes on various sites, I am seriously considering removing the download until further notice. But the main thing that is stopping me is that besides myself they're people who legitimately want to use this, and I am reluctant to close up shop just because most people hate what I am doing.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I'm of two minds of this. On one hand this is great for modpack authors, but on the other the only thing I want to configure in the original is the Fugel Tiara--I have no issues with the rest of the original mod, and would rather follow that.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
What I find the funniest about this whole series of events is that it really highlighted the different kinds of players that play modded minecraft these days. I mean, compared to the Vanilla population I'm pretty tempted to say that we are a very small minority, but apparently even we have a quite large variety of players.

Believe it or not through various reddit threads I have seen people claim that the effort of setting up very simple redstone setups in order to automate the most simple of Endoflame setups is far too high and that because of that they shouldn't be "excluded" from what Botania has to offer. Apparently we are at a point in the community now where pressure plates and redstone torches is too complex.

As far as the fork goes, if people want it then by all means that demand should be met [as long as the license permits it]. What I'm wary of is people sending in bug reports and crashlogs to the wrong author. I'd assume whoever decides to use the fork is smart enough to know better, but who knows..

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
Vazkii has stated she does not care about it according to her twitter see: https://twitter.com/Vazkii/status/647405640336470016 & https://twitter.com/Vazkii/status/647405769378369537

I never intended for this to become so popular, and due to the massive amounts of hate flooding into my inboxes on various sites, I am seriously considering removing the download until further notice. But the main thing that is stopping me is that besides myself they're people who legitimately want to use this, and I am reluctant to close up shop just because most people hate what I am doing.

Yes I read the comments and could only imagine your inbox. Tbh, people scream OPEN SOURCE at everyone who doesn't, then they get upset at a fork. How many big open source projects have their own forks? Just think of linux...

tausrus222

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I read the comments and could only imagine your inbox. Tbh, people scream OPEN SOURCE at everyone who doesn't, then they get upset at a fork. How many big open source projects have their own forks? Just think of linux...
It wasn't just me receiving hate comments, people have been sending hate comments to those who have been opposing this too

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019

Rename the mod. Note: by this I mean give it a new initial name that STILL references Botania. Then continue to give players the option to turn on/off the nerfs and configure to their hearts content.

You could also make it an "addon" if you're confident in your ability to use ASM/Reflection.

Either way? You voiced a dissenting opinion on the current darling mod. Does anyone remember RedPower2's drama storm? Notice how we're (easily) arguably better off now that it has died down and those ideas have propagated to the rest of the modding ecosystem? Ignore the hatred. GregoriusT did, and Gregtech is a good mod (I'm not going to say his mod is shitty. It's generally VERY well put together, very functional, and very balanced. I just don't like one of the pillars upon which he designs his mod, nor certain past actions; the mod is just fine).

Edit:
Disabled comments? lol curse just took the entire mod down a few minutes ago, i post a reply with a link to the message here but i guess its still pending

There ARE other upload options. For such a simple mod idea, you could use for a "hub" MCF (prepare to attract the worst trolls there), FTB (Botania is this community's golden child. Less trolls, more virulent hatred), Tekkit, etc. Hosting on dropbox is a horrible idea, but there are other options like MEGA or Mediafire.

CreeperShift

Dec 31, 2014
Disabled comments? lol curse just took the entire mod down a few minutes ago, i post a reply with a link to the message here but i guess its still pending
Oh lol, I was looking at it earlier with my phone, saw comments and stuff. 10 mins ago I looked at it with my pc, no comments :p. That sucks tho..

tausrus222

Jul 29, 2019
Rename the mod. Note: by this I mean give it a new initial name that STILL references Botania. Then continue to give players the option to turn on/off the nerfs and configure to their hearts content.

You could also make it an "addon" if you're confident in your ability to use ASM/Reflection.

Either way? You voiced a dissenting opinion on the current darling mod. Does anyone remember RedPower2's drama storm? Notice how we're (easily) arguably better off now that it has died down and those ideas have propagated to the rest of the modding ecosystem? Ignore the hatred. GregoriusT did, and Gregtech is a good mod (I'm not going to say his mod is shitty. It's generally VERY well put together, very functional, and very balanced. I just don't like one of the pillars upon which he designs his mod, nor certain past actions; the mod is just fine).

Edit:

There ARE other upload options. For such a simple mod idea, you could use for a "hub" MCF (prepare to attract the worst trolls there), FTB (Botania is this community's golden child. Less trolls, more virulent hatred), Tekkit, etc. Hosting on dropbox is a horrible idea, but there are other options like MEGA or Mediafire.

I'm considering maybe some sort of release format like spigot does, a jar that you run and patches a downloaded copy for you

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
It wasn't just me receiving hate comments, people have been sending hate comments to those who have been opposing this too
I will admit, I was a bit of an ass about the situation and I am sorry about that. While I am sorry about that "Dick Move Award" Comment, I still don't agree with the fork and still think it shouldn't be a thing, but I digress. I wasn't really in a good mood to begin with, and seeing that pissed me off more. I wasn't really helping with your situation, and only really contributing to the problem.

Reactions: CreeperShift