Anti-Material Energy ME^-1

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I maintain a modpack and I do know that you can tell them what Forge version to run. I tell them to pack build 1490 and they pack build 1490. if you don't tell them, then they pack latest.
As far as I can tell it's not the latest it's whatever forge version they feel like. Because when I submitted my pack it was uploaded with a forge version that was previous to the at the time current recommendation. But if you tell them a forge version they will use it and this fixed alot of my problems.

wmcmahon

Jul 29, 2019
haha, ok.... now where do you find the white tulip?

Edit: Or better yet... how do you determine the code for the garden of energy... I have a feeling the white tulip will be in there.

Last edited:

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
haha, ok.... now where do you find the white tulip?

Edit: Or better yet... how do you determine the code for the garden of energy... I have a feeling the white tulip will be in there.

The code for the garden is three of the colored tulips

wmcmahon

Jul 29, 2019
OK got it, but it was kinda weird that it's only 3 flowers when there are five slots. We were trying different combinations to fill all five slots (but obviously there are many). You could easily add 2 more colours to the end rooms.

wmcmahon

Jul 29, 2019
Well, a buddy and I finished it! We had a lot of fun, found the jumping bit with the switches a bit frustrating and repetive (also what I said about the flower code was a little silly), other than that though we loved it.

To be honest we didn't like the story, it was a bit too poetic and "out there". At sometimes it just felt like a mangle of words, but if you're going for that whimsical feeling, you nailed it.

Hopefully we got all the lore pages, and pets.

5Dl7ftO.png

ujxET7L.png

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Gave up on the parkour jumping/falling levels, as they are waaay too luck based, and the whole game feels like a luck based item hunt. The story was a bit too abstract as well. I just didn't get the whole thing. But I will say that the environments were beautiful to look at, and some of the areas were very creatively crafted. It just needs substance and direction to the story, more "journey" and directed exploration. Far far less parkour, or even none at all, as it's frustrating and adds nothing to the story.

Now I'm off to try out the "multiplayer" white field version, as that seems to be better suited to my play style.

Edit: I can't get the white world version working at all. The forge version has completely removed it. Fine, but the curse version is broken as well, as the very first quest gives you a survivor generator with no power, and no means to provide it any fuel. No power means you can't even start the questline.

Last edited:

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe im missing something but i just loaded up the pack and was given an error about 954 blocks missing from the save. was there a map that didnt download that should have? starting a new world puts me in a land of white with a generator and no means to power it.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe im missing something but i just loaded up the pack and was given an error about 954 blocks missing from the save. was there a map that didnt download that should have? starting a new world puts me in a land of white with a generator and no means to power it.
It's not very clear on the front pages or on the respective loaders, but here's my attempt at clarifying what I've learned (forgive me if I got any details wrong):

1. Early versions of the game were on the curse launcher and featured a single player/multiplayer solid white world with a HQM quest book and quests.
2. Apparently due to the curse launcher not updating their mod's fast enough, the modpack was switched to the FTB launcher and the curse client stopped being maintained. Modpack went through updates to 0.1.0 on the FTB launcher before:
3. Modpack jumps to version 1.0.0, has a complete overhaul becoming a completely different game, removing all HQM and building/crafting functionality in favor of an adventure mode, parkour, item hunts and a storyline told by journal entries.
4. To not alienate fans, the original single player/multiplayer pack was moved to the curse launcher and updated (with still a few bugs like the generator one you mentioned).

As far as I can tell, even though they are the same name, the two different packs are currently being updated seperately on the two respective launchers: Adventure pack on FTB, and HQM pack on Curse. You currently can't play the solid white HQM version on the latest FTB version (v1.0.4 at the time of writing this), and vice versa for the adventure mode on the Curse version (v0.1.2). Also I'm hoping and praying parcel31u doesn't abandon the HQM version, as I'm loving it so far.

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
So I'd have to use Curse to use the HQM pack (which I also liked)? Too bad, because Curse just plain won't work for me. It boots up but just hangs there after loading, never going into the full app. I tried posting on the Curse Voice forum thread for having trouble launching but no replies so far.

I think the reason the two packs have separated is because you can't put two template maps in one pack (though placing the server map in the server download or maps download would work). HQM appearing on the non-HQM map could be troublesome as well, but there's nothing preventing anyone from setting up a commandblock on loop to remove any starting inventory items AFAIK.

Also, if I remember correctly, the original original post said that the pack would contain two modes of play - the multiplayer HQM world AND the singleplayer adventure world. What happened to that grand idea?

Last edited:

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
So I'd have to use Curse to use the HQM pack (which I also liked)? Too bad, because Curse just plain won't work for me. It boots up but just hangs there after loading, never going into the full app. I tried posting on the Curse Voice forum thread for having trouble launching but no replies so far.

I think the reason the two packs have separated is because you can't put two template maps in one pack (though placing the server map in the server download or maps download would work). HQM appearing on the non-HQM map could be troublesome as well, but there's nothing preventing anyone from setting up a commandblock on loop to remove any starting inventory items AFAIK.

Also, if I remember correctly, the original original post said that the pack would contain two modes of play - the multiplayer HQM world AND the singleplayer adventure world. What happened to that grand idea?
Your guess is as good as mine. I'm not really sure where this project is headed to be honest. I like the HQM version the best, and I'm still playing it currently. BTW, if the curse client doesn't work, here's the weblink for the modpack:
http://www.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/229831-anti-material-energy
There's a zipped up download on that page, which may or may not require curse to work. You could possibly try getting that to work in multimc or something.

theMineMaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the link, though it seems it won't work properly without Curse due to external mod download feature (the pack comes with none of the mods required for play). I could try to complete the pack myself, using the mods listed in manifest.json, though it would be a bit time consuming to find all the files.

One upside of this would be that all the mods (and Forge version) would be entirely up to date if any of the mods on Curse were outdated.

EDIT: Apparently, OSX 10.7 and OSX Minecraft support are currently not available or supported in the Curse Launcher, though both are supposedly in development.

Last edited:

ctholm

Jul 29, 2019
I get 954 missing blocks and items on creation of new world Curse 0.1.3 - is this ok, or will I be missing half the pack when I get a little further?

Devintrainer

Jul 29, 2019
What's the ending goal of this map? Collect all the lore pages?
Also, can I have the map of this darn extradimensional labyrinth?

Last edited:

kuteycoolboy

Jul 29, 2019
Parcel31u, I was thinking that "Hey, why isnt there a Material Energy modpack with magic?" So, are you planning on making a Material Energy modpack with magic?

Umbrakinetic

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I've been gone a while. I thought this was a modpack where you rebuilt everything? Or did someone slip me acid... Again?