Does anybody have any info on Thermal Dynamics?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That's still quicker than xycraft being released.

Again, I'll make an entirely unfair comment (because it's based on opinion), but I never understood what Xycraft brought to the table that made it such a favorite and desired mod for some people. As they saying goes... to each their own (opinion), right?!

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I never understood what Xycraft brought to the table that made it such a favorite and desired mod for some people
Fabricator -very well designed automatic crafting table. Fairly powerful too.
Fancy glass with connected textures. (this stuff wasn't fragile either)
Green artificial dirt block which grew about anything without needing water ect. (stacking these would make stuff grow faster)
Dynamic multi block tanks- valve blocks would equalise "pressure" between 2 adjacent tanks. Tank walls could be any regular block too.
[never publicly released] power transfer via giant death lasers. ⇝ Bzzzz!! Zap! ⇝
And some people just loved the futuristic tron styling all the blocks had.

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Again, I'll make an entirely unfair comment (because it's based on opinion), but I never understood what Xycraft brought to the table that made it such a favorite and desired mod for some people. As they saying goes... to each their own (opinion), right?!
Well IMO I just liked the tanks cause then you could blend them in and have a seem less wall. And my point on it was 2035 as the reddit page said was sooner than xycraft. When did we last see the items from thermal dynamics? When from xycraft?. More likely going to see thermal dynamics first. Again my opnion and nothing against the mod authors for wanting to do it their way. I will wait and then play with those mods later.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
rejoicing.jpg

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Are there plans to add TD into Infinity, Resurrection, and DW20 packs ASAP? I know I can add it myself, but we're starting up a new private server of Infinity, and we might hold off for a bit if the pack will change so that the less computer literate of our group don't have to have their hands held.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Are there plans to add TD into Infinity, Resurrection, and DW20 packs ASAP? I know I can add it myself, but we're starting up a new private server of Infinity, and we might hold off for a bit if the pack will change so that the less computer literate of our group don't have to have their hands held.
It already is in Infinity. Not sure about the others.

Reactions: Inaeo

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
as stated infinity already released an update to add TD, DW said he will try to get an update out in the next few days.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
YAY!!!!! TY RWTema, KingLemming and the whole CoFH crew. Haven't tried TD in Infinity yet but server is updating and won't be much longer. Am very happy. :D

64diamondblocks

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Dynamics is ALREADY OUT and has already come through a few updates as of June. The servos can also keep a certain amount of items in the inventory. Also, about logistics pipes, I'm so sad that they work with Buildcraft pipes :( BC pipes can still drop items out of the pipe, but thermal dynamics ducts cannot. I wish logistics pipes had an addon called "logistics ducts", where thermal dynamics ITEMDUCTS would be given logistical pipe functionality.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Dynamics is ALREADY OUT and has already come through a few updates as of June. The servos can also keep a certain amount of items in the inventory. Also, about logistics pipes, I'm so sad that they work with Buildcraft pipes :( BC pipes can still drop items out of the pipe, but thermal dynamics ducts cannot. I wish logistics pipes had an addon called "logistics ducts", where thermal dynamics ITEMDUCTS would be given logistical pipe functionality.
If you had spent a few seconds to check the date this thread was made, you would know that everyone in here was speculating, as TD hadn't been released at the time the thread had started.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013

Logistics Pipes 0.9 supports TD. And no, BC does not drop items out of the pipe if you know what you're doing.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Too small, and everything being able to occupy one space... Each pipe type should be in it's own block, you shouldn't be able to have fluid and items (for example) be able to be transported down the same block line, in my opinion. (if that makes sense)
This seems a bit overly critical. What I mean is, most machines irl can take inputs and outputs from a single side due to the fact that power/fluid pipes and conduit etc usually have a very small cross section in relation to the machine. I personally find IO's solution to be both practical and realistic.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
A retrospective comment here. As I asked in this thread ages ago, how would TD one up EIO to make it worth useing. Unlimited RF transmission was a good call.
Now we need an unlimited fluid capacity duct to seal the deal. Something cheaper then a tesseract, as you feel kind of dumb useing a tesseract to get steam/water to your big reactor from only 5-10 blocks away...
Also retrievers where a worthy addition.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
A retrospective comment here. As I asked in this thread ages ago, how would TD one up EIO to make it worth useing. Unlimited RF transmission was a good call.
Now we need an unlimited fluid capacity duct to seal the deal. Something cheaper then a tesseract, as you feel kind of dumb useing a tesseract to get steam/water to your big reactor from only 5-10 blocks away...
Also retrievers where a worthy addition.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
The fluid thing could be done somewhat simple and balanced I guess by adding a "Powered Extraction Nodule" to the Fluiducts where you need to pump fluid/steam out and then attach a RF conduit to that. Higher rates of fluid throughput would then cost higher amounts of RF.
Of course you would need to redo the input end as well somehow(either unlimit them or make an end that needs to be paired up with the powered one for it to work).

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
The fluid thing could be done somewhat simple and balanced I guess by adding a "Powered Extraction Nodule" to the Fluiducts where you need to pump fluid/steam out and then attach a RF conduit to that. Higher rates of fluid throughput would then cost higher amounts of RF.
Of course you would need to redo the input end as well somehow(either unlimit them or make an end that needs to be paired up with the powered one for it to work).
You mean like the warp itemducts? I think just having an adjacent power cable is enough to power it; it doesn't need a special port. :p