Horizons: Daybreaker Released

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I maintain that if a pack has no AE, im not playing it. Period.
And im not the only one for that.

I would point out that the FTB launcher has a button that lets you "OMG" edit modpacks and you can add your AE mod.

RF tools has an AE esk style item storage. AE is not the end all beat all. In fact in many instances my base is perfectly fine, frame rate wise, then I add my AE network (controls, drive storage, p2p, storage buses to dsu, etc.) and it gets very very laggy. This happens especially when loading. I welcome storage alternatives to AE.

Storage Drawers looks very interesting.

Honestly though... It has EE3... why do you even need storage bro? I mean seriously. I mean sure, there are some things that do not have ee value. But come on... why store millions of diamonds when you can just have tons of EE power waiting for you when you need one. Really relying on AE as a mandatory mod is... well kind of a crutch. Venture outside your comfort zone. Be adventurous!!! :p

EDIT: for spelling, punctuation, clarity lol third shift fried my brain

Last edited:

Zsashas

Jul 29, 2019
So many people reporting crashes, yet I don't see a single crash report. Why must this always be pointed out before someone posts one?

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly though... It has EE3... why do you even need storage bro? I mean seriously. I mean sure, there are some things that do not have ee value. But come on... why store millions of diamonds when you can just have tons of EE power waiting for you when you need one. Really relying on AE as a mandatory mod is... well kind of a crutch. Venture outside your comfort zone. Be adventurous!!! :p

Oh its got EE in it. Now im not just not interested, I think its a shame that this gets front page attention when they could make something with actual value instead.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Oh its got EE in it. Now im not just not interested, I think its a shame that this gets front page attention when they could make something with actual value instead.

Hey you're entitled to your opinion. There's packs like infinity and DW20 that will give you your AE fix. For some of though, we enjoy new things. Besides Pahi rocks!!!! :p

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So many people reporting crashes, yet I don't see a single crash report. Why must this always be pointed out before someone posts one?

Proper reporting FtW!

35 years of work in IT has taught me one thing. People want to do anything but commit to a proper report... if they "officially" file and it turns out to be their derp they look foolish. :D

Reactions: Lethosos

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
I think I speak for a lot of people here:

No AE = Not interested
Sad that another major pack is such a dud like departed

Jerk. I think this pack looks fun...

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
*does a little dance* clockwork phase is in the mod *does a little dance* this mod is really neat!!!!!!

side note: * does a little dance * no AE!!! *does a little dance *

EDIT: just looke dover the whole list... difficult life and random things? FTB staff is evil lol
Difficult Life is disabled by default - it's for those people who feel they get too OP too fast, with EE3 or with Matter Overdrive or whatever.
I think I speak for a lot of people here:

No AE = Not interested
Sad that another major pack is such a dud like departed
I think you've missed the point of the pack. It's meant to showcase new mods to FTB, and AE is most certainly not new. Besides, there are so many other mods that add AE-like logistics in the pack - you shouldn't be focus on the lack of one mod when there are so many alternatives.
No Projekt red ?? For automatic lager System ae2 is not really interested

Make red Projekt for this pack and this is cool :)

Sorry for my englisch i can not so good speak englisch :/
Blue power is in the pack, and it has literally everything Project Red has.
Blue power have not item pipes Projekt red have this blue power is not so good
It even has pipes.

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
The pack is trying to stay close to the original Horizons..(wish AM2 was in this also)

This pack does have many stroage options, refined relocation is and amazing sorting mod.
Also EE3 can sorta be used like a AE system.... only downside is there are alot of materials not added.

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
The pack is trying to stay close to the original Horizons..(wish AM2 was in this also)
That pack didnt have AE either.

This pack does have many stroage options, refined relocation is and amazing sorting mod.
Also EE3 can sorta be used like a AE system.... only downside is there are alot of materials not added.
Yeah, it's due to the limits of EE3 itself. If I add a value to Osmium while in "New World," the value won't transfer to "New World-"

Exchange Energy values will be added once we're able to add them :p

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, where is Reika's mods? They were in the original Horizons, and they aren't in any current FTB packs as far as I am aware. Of course, I will be adding them in manually.

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's due to the limits of EE3 itself. If I add a value to Osmium while in "New World," the value won't transfer to "New World-"

Exchange Energy values will be added once we're able to add them :p
Im aware of the missing feature. Hopefully its added "soon"
Maybe make a Sheet of items and EMC values you want to use when ready... then servers and input them

bubba_nate

Jul 29, 2019
No Ars Magica?
NO ARS MAGICA?
Well.
Dunno why I'm installing it if it doesn't have Ars Magica.
Ars Magica: The only magic mod I've actually been able to use without a bajillion hours of prep.

Phyroxzenoid

Jul 29, 2019
Damn it, Feed the Beast! My custom modpack was for the most part finalized and now there's all these mods I've never even heard of that I need to research and add!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
No Ars Magica?
NO ARS MAGICA?
Well.
Dunno why I'm installing it if it doesn't have Ars Magica.
Ars Magica: The only magic mod I've actually been able to use without a bajillion hours of prep.
Aside from the fact we couldn't get it updated if it had any bugs, it's also been in a bunch of FTB packs before.
Would have loved to see Mariculture in this.... this is not in many packs.
Also, what about Mo Creature?
Mo Creatures still disallows mod packs, so that'd have to be out.