Quickest/Efficient way to kill The Wither!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Ever want to kill the wither, but you don't wanna lose your stuff &/or let him roam the world? well this is NO MORE with my simple Wither Room Design
2013-02-09_21.30.32.pngHAS TO BE A WARDED MATERIAL!
You Just have to make a 7x7x7square making it 5x5x5 on the inside with a Warded material. & 1 block slot to attack it through. & KABLAM! 100% certainty that the Wither will not kill you. (Unless YO A NOOB) But yea. try it out yourself! you won't be disappointed.

P.S: I know this is Noobish but I just want people to know a really efficient way to kill the Wither for all their Nether Star needs!

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I am missing something obvious here, the Wither can just fire out of the 1 block hole you left...

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Odd, every time I try to "seal" a Wither within Warded Blocks/ Warded glass, he ends up clipping out somehow unless I put some animal under the cell so he keeps its attention on it and not move around.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
It would seem that the Wither can actually break the warded blocks BUT they get instantly replaced. Here you can clearly see warded glass block break particles and the sound effect for block buster but the glass is still intact after that, time 16:16:
When that happens and he breaks enough at the same time he can move into the blocks' space for a short moment and that way go through because movement isn't impeded by blocks entities are inside of. Double layering would prevent breakthrough if you're going to kill him but for permanent containment it won't work unless you lure him to different sides once in a while somehow.

Btw, this isn't really quick or efficient but it's certainly one of the safer ways.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
It would seem that the Wither can actually break the warded blocks BUT they get instantly replaced.

Uh no.

The Wither clips through blocks, just like cows can. The block is never broken, and it doesn't get replaced.

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh. cause they used a 3x3x5 Idea. I used a 7x7x5 so the Wither has some moving space.
Unless I am missing something obvious here, the Wither can just fire out of the 1 block hole you left...
Yes he can. but he can't get a direct hit on you...so it's less damage. & what? it's totally quick & efficient. because no matter what you can get alot of hits on him. so don't Deny my opinions if you haven't tried it out yourself :I
I guess there's a gltich to where If the Wither cannot move then it will automatically "get out", don't believe me about this? try it in creative :p

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Uh no.

The Wither clips through blocks, just like cows can. The block is never broken, and it doesn't get replaced.
Did you watch the video? Explain the particles there. He doesn't get out at that point, though. Doc's video doesn't show that happening but here's GenerikB's view about the earlier Wither escaping and the particles coming from an area where the Wither gets through, it's not a corner either, time 19:28:

Ahh. cause they used a 3x3x5 Idea. I used a 7x7x5 so the Wither has some moving space.

Yes he can. but he can't get a direct hit on you...so it's less damage. & what? it's totally quick & efficient. because no matter what you can get alot of hits on him. so don't Deny my opinions if you haven't tried it out yourself :I
I guess there's a gltich to where If the Wither cannot move then it will automatically "get out", don't believe me about this? try it in creative :p
Yeah it's definitely what is happening, he uses block buster but doesn't get to move so the game makes him go through anyway because he should not be stopped by anything in vanilla. It's not a glitch, though. It's a feature to prevent trapping the Wither.

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it's definitely what is happening, he uses block buster but doesn't get to move so the game makes him go through anyway because he should not be stopped by anything in vanilla. It's not a glitch, though. It's a feature to prevent trapping the Wither.[/quote]
That's why if you make it 5x5 inside. he has moving space. so he isn't technically being stopped.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
That's why if you make it 5x5 inside. he has moving space. so he isn't technically being stopped.
But he HAD that space inside, you can clearly see him moving around. It's most likely that he just was still for so long and that triggers it, not the technicality of being able to move. Have you tested your setup for longer times and is it safe or does he get out anyway? Sit still at one of the corners and see if he gets out.

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Yes,
But he HAD that space inside, you can clearly see him moving around. It's most likely that he just was still for so long and that triggers it, not the technicality of being able to move. Have you tested your setup for longer times and is it safe or does he get out anyway? Sit still at one of the corners and see if he gets out.
Dude....you know the Wither takes up 3x3 of space? which is the same size as the inside of the cube. & yes. It works, I tested it many times. seriously. don't believe me? do it in creative.....build the cube. & then go to survival. I'm not a lunatic who would post stuff without back up. & Corner? that's why you have the slit in the front.......so you don't go to the corners.

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Lol. but that would also be more expensive....& it doesn't matter if it's cool or not, its job is to kill the Wither.

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I'mma have to check if the forcefield is Expensive or not. if not I will do the idea. lol

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
if you make the warded blocks 2 think on the outside he can't get out i tested that in creative. still alot of brains though

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Yea he still can. I tried it. the reason he doesn't in creative is because he doesn't actually agro. when something he can agro on comes....he breaks out. go to survival when testing & watch. it scared the crap outta me when it happened to me..
I would recommend doing this underground. sorta like how the B-team did it. that will definetly help, if he can even break out from my design

Seriously now, nobody say my plan doesn't work without trying it 1st. I tested all this in creative & switching to survival, & the plan I posted is the only one that seems that he can't break away from.

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. that's what I thought to. Maybe when it kills him overtime & not at once it does drop? Idk.
OR they can't die by a command. cause when Direwolf did that emergency thing, didn't it kill everything nearby? (Entities) So isn't that a command on something? or maybe it prevents entity lag. I don't exactly know.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
I simply dig down to bedrock. Dig out a 4 high and roughly 5x5 room. Build 5 Iron golems and then build the wither down as low in bedrock as I can get.

The wither dies in less than a minute and I take no damage. Unless something has changed since the last time I did this, I still got a star out of it.