Quickest/Efficient way to kill The Wither!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Lol. but you using about 180 Iron each time? lol no thanks....

They don't die. All 5 of my golems were left after killing it. Toss a couple of healing potions on them and they will be full for the next time you use them.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Use a MFFS instead of warded stone. MFFS is the easiest Wither killing system.

isnowcrash

Jul 29, 2019
Simply dig a 1x2 tunnel about 30 blocks long with a 3x3 room at the end. After you place the last skull, fill in the room entrance so you can only see his feet. Run back 25 blocks before he explodes and you'll be out of range. Switch to a bow and shoot him down to half health and then switch to a sword and finish him off. Only thing you really need is a decent bow and sword. You don't need any fancy armor or machines because you won't even get hit. This is how most people do it in vanilla and still probably the easiest way.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. that's still expensive. & they CAN die. so you'll still be using more Iron overtime

Never have a problem with getting iron myself. The only ores I ever really lack are copper and tin. Also I have very little need for more than a handful of Netherstars, it's not like I am going to be needing hundreds of them.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
People seem to hae the information wrong on the wither:

First, the only reason that the wither can break out of a 10-layer warded block room is because he randomly trows blockbusters to the walls, if he gets damage in the process, he will try to break blocks arround him, he will succes, besides bedrock, so, when he breaks the warded block, he will go inside the second layer, take more damage, and continue breaking till he is out, but why he can break it? quote from azanor "the good folks at mojang hardcoded into the game that bedrock is the only block the wither can't break, and there is nothin I can do about it.

Second, lets say, instead of leaving him fly in a cage, why not make a small trap for his feet and one for his head? well, he can still hit himself.

now, the only way to be 100% sure that the wither will not scape is doing this setup (looking from above)
[w][w][w]
[w][r][w]
[r] [a] [r]
[w][r][w]
[w][w][w]

w is warded block, r is bedrock and a is air, you put 1 soulsand inside that bedrock +, then the 3 above, then a skull, if you want to kill him you leave an airblock of space and then ceiling, if you just want to have him there, 2 air blocks (with 1 he slowly kills himself) that means a 5x5x3 high room to kill him slowly, or a 5x5x4 high to just have him there.

I will post pics when im back to the computer

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
People seem to hae the information wrong on the wither:

First, the only reason that the wither can break out of a 10-layer warded block room is because he randomly trows blockbusters to the walls, if he gets damage in the process, he will try to break blocks arround him, he will succes, besides bedrock, so, when he breaks the warded block, he will go inside the second layer, take more damage, and continue breaking till he is out, but why he can break it? quote from azanor "the good folks at mojang hardcoded into the game that bedrock is the only block the wither can't break, and there is nothin I can do about it.

Second, lets say, instead of leaving him fly in a cage, why not make a small trap for his feet and one for his head? well, he can still hit himself.

now, the only way to be 100% sure that the wither will not scape is doing this setup (looking from above)
[w][w][w]
[w][r][w]
[r] [a] [r]
[w][r][w]
[w][w][w]

w is warded block, r is bedrock and a is air, you put 1 soulsand inside that bedrock +, then the 3 above, then a skull, if you want to kill him you leave an airblock of space and then ceiling, if you just want to have him there, 2 air blocks (with 1 he slowly kills himself) that means a 5x5x3 high room to kill him slowly, or a 5x5x4 high to just have him there.

I will post pics when im back to the computer
What did I say! XD, did you try the plan I proposed 1st before you countered it with another plan? & 2
How can you make the wither if there's only one block of Air inside?[DOUBLEPOST=1360535747][/DOUBLEPOST]
Never have a problem with getting iron myself. The only ores I ever really lack are copper and tin. Also I have very little need for more than a handful of Netherstars, it's not like I am going to be needing hundreds of them.
True. True. but still you usually use Iron for stuff anyways, & it's no need for all that when you can do something else.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
What did I say! XD, did you try the plan I proposed 1st before you countered it with another plan? & 2
How can you make the wither if there's only one block of Air inside?[DOUBLEPOST=1360535747][/DOUBLEPOST]
True. True. but still you usually use Iron for stuff anyways, & it's no need for all that when you can do something else.

is just trapping his feet, and I already done it, when I have time I will post pictures

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
[w][w][w]
[w][r][w]
[r] [a] [r]
[w][r][w]
[w][w][w]

That's not really an option on servers now is it? :) If you go into creative mode to give yourself bedrock blocks you can just as well give yourself nether stars.

The MFFS method is obviously the best method for a farm. But if you just need a couple of stars he's very easy to kill once you have quantum armor and a nano saber.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
How can you make the wither if there's only one block of Air inside.

Sorry, I have been following this thread and I have to say......

why would someone try your plan when they have found something that works better for them? Yes yours is simple if you have most of TC researched.... his requires nothing but creative mode and MFFS doesnt require either but does need a fair wack of building up. Then there is the obvious answer of quantum armor and just cheesing it.

Posting a thread like this is just asking for others to come in and give their opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. You are being defensive for no reason man, chill and look at what others make... different strokes for different folks and all that :)

Reactions: arkangyl

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
That's not really an option on servers now is it? :) If you go into creative mode to give yourself bedrock blocks you can just as well give yourself nether stars.

The MFFS method is obviously the best method for a farm. But if you just need a couple of stars he's very easy to kill once you have quantum armor and a nano saber.

its too freaking hard to mine and find bedrock in that specific pattern? docm77 did it, if you dont believe me.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
its too freaking hard to mine and find bedrock in that specific pattern? docm77 did it, if you dont believe me.

Sorry, misread your post. I assumed it was a side-view but you did state it was a top-down view. I get it now.

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I have been following this thread and I have to say......

why would someone try your plan when they have found something that works better for them? Yes yours is simple if you have most of TC researched.... his requires nothing but creative mode and MFFS doesnt require either but does need a fair wack of building up. Then there is the obvious answer of quantum armor and just cheesing it.

Posting a thread like this is just asking for others to come in and give their opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. You are being defensive for no reason man, chill and look at what others make... different strokes for different folks and all that :)
No No no, what I meant was, you didn't TRY my plan before posting up. I don't care if you tried it at least. & I know there's other options, but judging my plan when you didn't even see it in action 1st, If you at least tried my plan & proposed something, I wouldn't care, but you guys are commenting not even knowing how it turns out, & assuming that it sucks. lol. I like the other Ideas, Like the forcefield one. I'll have ta try that one.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, I also have to post pictures to make this understandable, but I'm not close to my computer right now.
The sad thing is that also on the forum topic of thaumcraft they said the same thing...

back on topic, in my opinion using a warded room is way better than using EU and mffs.

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Lol whoever thinks 180 iron is a lot doesn't have a quarry. Lol. That's hilarious.
That's hilarious? Lol you're normally using alot of Iron in FTB to begin with, why not devote the Iron to something more useful then, & not just using it on golems when you could build, my design, or the amazing forcefield Idea. Idk how hard it is to make a forcefield. but I know it would pay off in the end.[DOUBLEPOST=1360581499][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you can do that. I will definitely have to try it.[DOUBLEPOST=1360581614][/DOUBLEPOST]
yeah, I also have to post pictures to make this understandable, but I'm not close to my computer right now.
The sad thing is that also on the forum topic of thaumcraft they said the same thing...

back on topic, in my opinion using a warded room is way better than using EU and mffs.
AHA! lol, Yea. I'm not sure if there's a 100% possibility he can escape. but there is a possibility. but quite slim at that at the least.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Well. I personally really like that you can automate it. The 'warded' room is 'better' in the sense that it's cheap and doesn't require power but IMHO the MFFS setup is 'better' because it's fun to see a turtle build a wither and then kill it with a forcefield :)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
here:

First you find a cross of bedrock at layer 5, it will take a bit of time mining/quarry or turtle. Then you do a room arround it the size you want
XYaHThqk544KZ7y5NN4J_15voFowpP1G3McRNO6Qa3k

Place a soulsand block in the hole
W0iPuXLBDKvF4s0sD-waCb9VGoF81Vfn9AeARHo0vK4

Place 3 soulsand above it and the skulls
6Bbo4ZH6Xrf4RNsdbtVfFQxANzEa4r5eydScSv2CQRE

Spawn him
862F6Sq8FO5Q8OuVVypgUpwa1r7MhuytD8P7mRFB_gU

You got your trapped wither. Now enter and slice him! Or just leave him there for decoration or as a zoo gorila.(remember he sometimes shoots blockbusters, being a player near him or not, that destroy every block besides warded stuff and bedrock, also don't forget that he can also take damage from them)
nxFd1IosMsKQbbik7PQf3dsLYgcY14DoD9E0iSLiivI

Alternative:

Place a warded block just above the skull
1KO0mU5myxzq1Vq0E95kWRChMblPYsoLFZAjzyFXGV8

He will take damage and die eventually
D4pe_H2UtaSWaDOHMksusbG1eemMfDZPhLnnRgLpHWI

The important part here is the bedrock, if it was simple warded blocks, he would be able to break it (as explained by azanor here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...3-updated-122013/page__st__7800#entry20748382)

PS: if a turtle can place downwards (I don't know nothing about coding and turtles), then you can do it automatically.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I like the bedrock exploit method. letting loose a block destroying beast on the world is not my idea of fun. I don't mind hard, but serisouly.. I don't want mobs messing with my world either. (I'm looking at both you stupid enderman). grief my garden why dontcha? :mad:

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I like the bedrock exploit method. letting loose a block destroying beast on the world is not my idea of fun. I don't mind hard, but serisouly.. I don't want mobs messing with my world either. (I'm looking at both you stupid enderman). grief my garden why dontcha? :mad:

You can always go to 10000 x and z coordinates and kill him there, or a tower in the middle of the ocean to kill him at y 250 is also good.

And also it is possible in vanilla, you just need instead of a warded block on top, a cobble generator that suffocates him (and not be near him at all :p)