Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
I really need a Turbine Control program similar to Direwolf20's but I cannot find one. DireWolf recently uploaded a video of his code spotlight where he showcased his turbine code, but it only supports one turbine. Apart from that problem, it is everything I need. I would like complete automation without me having to touch a thing (DW20's has that). There is one by REZCHAP which seems quite good, but the automation isn't there. All I'm asking is if there is a program out there that allows me to control multiple turbines through with one reactor fully automated, similar to DW20's program.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I really need a Turbine Control program similar to Direwolf20's but I cannot find one. DireWolf recently uploaded a video of his code spotlight where he showcased his turbine code, but it only supports one turbine. Apart from that problem, it is everything I need. I would like complete automation without me having to touch a thing (DW20's has that). There is one by REZCHAP which seems quite good, but the automation isn't there. All I'm asking is if there is a program out there that allows me to control multiple turbines through with one reactor fully automated, similar to DW20's program.
Look on the ComputerCraft forums, there's lots of codes there... or... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=multi-turbine+computercraft+control

Reactions: Psychicash

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I am continuing my quest to complete bees in the DW20 pack, about 170 done, I have come across a couple of problems.
There is a bee I found information on (master apiarists database 3.2) - Tinker - it does not show in NEI.
Others that show in NEI - Vis, Steadfast - but with no recipe in NEI.

Does being in NEI mean it is available but I need to discover the recipe or are they possibly from not included mods and does not being in NEI mean they are discontinued bees or from not included mods

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I am continuing my quest to complete bees in the DW20 pack, about 170 done, I have come across a couple of problems.
There is a bee I found information on (master apiarists database 3.2) - Tinker - it does not show in NEI.
Others that show in NEI - Vis, Steadfast - but with no recipe in NEI.

Does being in NEI mean it is available but I need to discover the recipe or are they possibly from not included mods and does not being in NEI mean they are discontinued bees or from not included mods
Steadfast has no "crafting" recipe for it. You can only find the drones in loot chests.
As for vis bees... probably part of magic bees? I dunno much about that mod, but it may be something you need to research.

As for the Tinker bee? Again, no idea.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Tinker bee makes tinker alloy nuggets. It's a combined Copper and Tin bee (i don't rember the exact magic bee species names, but you'll need them not the Extra Bees ones.)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Vis bees were part of thaumcraft 3. They had a special way of interacting with Vis aura nodes. So they wouldn't be attainable. I'm surprised they are still part of the magic bees. As for steadfast like @jordsta95 said are dungeon loot only.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Steadfast has no "crafting" recipe for it. You can only find the drones in loot chests.
As for vis bees... probably part of magic bees? I dunno much about that mod, but it may be something you need to research.

As for the Tinker bee? Again, no idea.

Tinker bee makes tinker alloy nuggets. It's a combined Copper and Tin bee (i don't rember the exact magic bee species names, but you'll need them not the Extra Bees ones.)

Thanks Jordsta, I looked in my AE and found 2 Steadfast Drones, I wonder if that Botania flower that supposedly produces items from mine chests will get me one?

I'll keep working through, Thanks to both

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Vis bees were part of thaumcraft 3. They had a special way of interacting with Vis aura nodes. So they wouldn't be attainable. I'm surprised they are still part of the magic bees. As for steadfast like @jordsta95 said are dungeon loot only.
Thanks - I'll cross Vis off the list

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know but you can look into the Nether Ores config and find out.
risked it in the end silk touch does stop both explosions and angering the pigmen only thing i needed to worry about was the odd hellfish popping out of the ore blocks

new question in AS2 zombies knock down torches and glowstone are there any "safe" light sources that they wont break

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
risked it in the end silk touch does stop both explosions and angering the pigmen only thing i needed to worry about was the odd hellfish popping out of the ore blocks

new question in AS2 zombies knock down torches and glowstone are there any "safe" light sources that they wont break
Not tested, but glowstone microblocks might work.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This will control multiple BR reactors and multiple turbines at the same time:
https://github.com/sandalle/minecraft_bigreactor_control
But honestly I cannot fathom why you would ever want it to waste PC/server resources on controlling your turbine(I disabled it in my setup and just use it for monitoring). Just set the turbine to use the to use the steam needed to run at 1800RPM and you never have to touch it again...

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
hm, i cant find a key that opens UI for simply jetpack.
checked my keysettings and it is only two option,s turn on/off key, hover mode key?
You should be able to change it in the config file. There's also an ingame command for it that was added before the keybind.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know which block has a sparkle particle effect and sound? I remember playing on a Monster server a while ago and I thought the block that I'm thinking about is the Fantasy block from Chisel. However, I'm playing in Infinity and it doesn't seem to be giving off the effect. I've tried both the Purpled Fantasy Block and the normal one.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems I was looking for the Holy Stone

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know which block has a sparkle particle effect and sound? I remember playing on a Monster server a while ago and I thought the block that I'm thinking about is the Fantasy block from Chisel. However, I'm playing in Infinity and it doesn't seem to be giving off the effect. I've tried both the Purpled Fantasy Block and the normal one.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems I was looking for the Holy Stone
iirc its holystone