Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
It used to, but I changed that long ago. Like v25z long ago.

I'm on v6f and seeing the same thing. I let the reactor run, and the steam pipes never had more than 10 steam in them. It ran out my ammonia, then I moved back to water and nothing happened. I break the pipe leading to the HP turbine, let it queue up a few hundred steam in the pipe, and connect it and the HP turbine runs.

The only conclusion I have is that the HP turbine is consuming the steam when it is insufficient, and didn't output low pressure fluids. I only tried to recycle ammonia.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
They all stack? Exciting.

Thank you demos, seen a lot of your stuff, but tend to worry about what information is current and what is old. Particularly regarding the PBR nerf that happened before I came around

I try to label diagrams with the version. There are recent ones for v6 that work fine. The HTGR nerf just happened mid-v6, and you need a minimum of 12 cores now around a central heat exchanger.

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much. , may I pick your brain about turbine math? Is turbine math as simple as I've heard vis a vis ammonia produces exactly 2x steam. How much more steam does an hp need to start than a regular, how much more energy do you get from x amount of steam in an hp than in a regular. Thanks for your insight.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much. , may I pick your brain about turbine math? Is turbine math as simple as I've heard vis a vis ammonia produces exactly 2x steam. How much more steam does an hp need to start than a regular, how much more energy do you get from x amount of steam in an hp than in a regular. Thanks for your insight.

Ammonia makes twice the power, but it is difficult to recycle which justifies the bonus.

As to steam usage, I noted it here:

https://i.imgur.com/RTh8jUI.png

I can confirm the easy reactor at three layers tall can power a regular turbine full time. I'm in the process of upgrading mine to 5 tall to see if I can increase the output to run an HP turbine.
A regular turbine caps out at about a megawatt, the HP variety does 8 GW. The HP has other benefits, it's got a casing so you can't ruin the blades and no steam blocks to cause FPS lag.

As to the exact amount of steam,

Reactions: JoshBogs

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Now the $1M question: Is EE3 going to take off, or is Project E going to ensure that never happens?
Does it honestly matter? Some people want EE2: Reborn, some people want EE3. One provides you the tools you wanted to support it officially. If people complain (which, no matter what you do, even nothing, they WILL complain) then someone in the thread (doesn't have to be you) can point out why.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Does it honestly matter? Some people want EE2: Reborn, some people want EE3. One provides you the tools you wanted to support it officially. If people complain (which, no matter what you do, even nothing, they WILL complain) then someone in the thread (doesn't have to be you) can point out why.
Is EE3's API public?

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Is EE3's API public?

The entire mod is open source. Not sure if there's any specific documentation for the API though. Is this the first time you've heard of it? ( Well, I did mention it WRT the changelog that said you included support for EE but didn't clarify which one. )

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ft-mods/1286564-equivalent-exchange-3-0-1-142 ( Appears to be quite out of date though. )
https://github.com/pahimar/Equivalent-Exchange-3/tree/master/src/main

It's very interesting, but development has been quite slow. Almost as bad as Xycraft. ( Almost. ) It's been awhile since I've played with it, and then it was just a few simple things, so I can't comment on how it is now.

The EE system in it is far more flexible, and will ( if it doesn't already ) support multiple values. One thing that I know was talked about, was having separate cost and values. So, you might be able to buy an Emerald for 8192 EMC, but it only gives 128 when you burn it. ( Something Project E desperately needs. There are a number of EMC problems last I checked with vanilla alone, some of which I couldn't change by adjusting the emc values because they were tied in the game to other valuable items. Proj E is still pretty much identical to EE2, despite all of the changes that have happened since then. I had 3 max power flowers in a few hours thanks to these problems, with no other mods. ) There was also talk about different aspects of EMC, sort of like the fuel vs matter separation. I think he was planning something like 5, but then with higher tier machines you would be able to freely convert between the aspects.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Question regarding RotaryCraft:

I remember reading rumours that it's possible to send shaft power through a Nether portal - are they true? And if they are, how do you do it? I've tried "connecting" a powered shaft so that it would be outputting into a portal in the overworld, chunkloading it, and then "connecting" the input of a shaft to the corresponding portal in the Nether, but so far no dice.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Question regarding RotaryCraft:

I remember reading rumours that it's possible to send shaft power through a Nether portal - are they true? And if they are, how do you do it? I've tried "connecting" a powered shaft so that it would be outputting into a portal in the overworld, chunkloading it, and then "connecting" the input of a shaft to the corresponding portal in the Nether, but so far no dice.
Match the coordinates, accounting for the 8:1 scaling.

Reactions: lucariomaster2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Match the coordinates, accounting for the 8:1 scaling.
Reika, outta curiosity was this necessary because Nether portals don't really link 1:1 like one would expect?

I mean, that problem is two-fold: it means nether portals don't really have a "partner" as such that you can link to, but it also means you could potentially have two portals linked to a single portal (with all the interesting implications of running two rotarycraft shafts into the same destination on the other end)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A nether portal looks for something "close" to the 8:1 location.
Reika looks for something "really, really close" to the 8:1 location.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Reika, outta curiosity was this necessary because Nether portals don't really link 1:1 like one would expect?

I mean, that problem is two-fold: it means nether portals don't really have a "partner" as such that you can link to, but it also means you could potentially have two portals linked to a single portal (with all the interesting implications of running two rotarycraft shafts into the same destination on the other end)
Both to prevent the possibility of merging or splitting, and because portals offer no way to "know" the output location of the other portal.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
It's very interesting, but development has been quite slow. Almost as bad as Xycraft. ( Almost. ) It's been awhile since I've played with it, and then it was just a few simple things, so I can't comment on how it is now.
At least Pahimar was actually getting work done during that time... I haven't seen something I can call progress on XYcraft in... well... way too long. He was also working on the engine, the chassis, all the bones that don't do anything pretty for the end user. The idea being that if he spent the time now, he'd be able to crank out content easier and faster later.

As for content... it's still basically the calcinator and the aludel (burn stuff up in a lossy manner into dusts, and infuse items with those dusts respectively). He recently added the research station for learning items, and now we have a 3x3x1 transmutation table which works about like you remember from EE/EE2... nifty updated interface though, couple different sorting options and more sync bugs than you can shake a stick at.

Which means the only "useful" things in the mod atm are the Alchemical Bags, Alchemical Chests, and Trans Table. Everything else is in support of those.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm not sure how to show this is happening but in my single player world on FTB infinity 1.6.1, the extractor will not process thermal expansion ores of any kind. I went into a creative world and used a creative coil with high power and it still wouldn't process.

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
This all presumes I want/have AE system. Honestly I'm trying without for a while...

I on the other hand just added it, and I love it. The storage is cool enough, but to be able to teach the system where machine A is to produce item 1, and where machine B is to produce item 2, then order item 3 from the machine, which requires items 1 and 2.... Suddenly your machines are dancing, the system knows, because you taught it...Very fun.

Reactions: Pyure

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I on the other hand just added it, and I love it. The storage is cool enough, but to be able to teach the system where machine A is to produce item 1, and where machine B is to produce item 2, then order item 3 from the machine, which requires items 1 and 2.... Suddenly your machines are dancing, the system knows, because you taught it...Very fun.

Automation is always awesome. I like using Logistics Pipes vs AE because you get to create a whole network of storage and autocrafting. AE/ME makes for magic block solutions to storage, with limited interfaces to network other machines.