FTB News - May 22nd, 2015

B

Big Bad

Super short news post this week. We’re all running around preparing for stuff, as usual!

Departed Pre-Release Stream:

We’re hosting a stream tomorrow to celebrate the release of FTB Departed, our newest pack. For more information, be sure to visit our forum thread here.

FTB Town Hall:

We’d also like to announce that we’ll be hosting our Town Hall meeting next week. For those who missed the initial announcement last month, the Town Hall is a monthly public Q&A with the Core FTB Team. We’ll be covering such topics as current FTB going-ons, future FTB projects, our release roadmap, and much more.

On Monday, we’ll post the official meeting time and open up a thread to submit and discuss questions. In the same vein as our PAX panels, we’ll do our best to cover these topics as well as take those that spring up from chat during the event.

Please stay tuned for more information and be sure to check back here on Monday.​

MajorQuark

Jul 29, 2019
Question for the stream, will there be a techpack release in the near future? because 9 months ago there a announcement in the FTB news that said that there was techpack in the working but that it would be delayed because of a computer fire. Me and my friends have been kinda waiting for 7 months.

Arcticwolf2425

Jul 29, 2019
So does that mean Resurrection got an update finally!!! *Looks then sighs* Nope....false alarm *Sighs*

Though seriously, when is Resurrection gonna get an update? The lag on that pack is absolutely terrible, and I remember the article saying something about resurrection getting redone since Gregtech 6 is out? Been trying to make Youtube videos for it, but with the games lag no matter how much RAM I dedicate, it lags uncontrollably.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
So does that mean Resurrection got an update finally!!! *Looks then sighs* Nope....false alarm *Sighs*

Though seriously, when is Resurrection gonna get an update? The lag on that pack is absolutely terrible, and I remember the article saying something about resurrection getting redone since Gregtech 6 is out? Been trying to make Youtube videos for it, but with the games lag no matter how much RAM I dedicate, it lags uncontrollably.
Heres the thread about resurrection update hope it helped :)

Last edited:

Arcticwolf2425

Jul 29, 2019
Heres the thread about resurrection update hope it helped :)

Ahaha you must think your so funny for this old dumb joke...... For once I thought maybe the FTB team can be a little more serious and maybe inform us about one of the packs that they are "Working on" like other developers would do but I guess not, and just love to leave people in the dark for their own amusement for some wonderful reason. One of the many perks of this group I suppose. Whatever. I thought maybe we didn't have to but guess my group will have to fix the pack ourselves.....yet again. Don't know why I even try anymore.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Ahaha you must think your so funny for this old dumb joke...... For once I thought maybe the FTB team can be a little more serious and maybe inform us about one of the packs that they are "Working on" like other developers would do but I guess not, and just love to leave people in the dark for their own amusement for some wonderful reason. One of the many perks of this group I suppose. Whatever. I thought maybe we didn't have to but guess my group will have to fix the pack ourselves.....yet again. Don't know why I even try anymore.

karmarcharger is TPPT, he most likely knows as much about the upcoming FTB pack updates as I do, which is next to nothing.

Reactions: Flipz

Arcticwolf2425

Jul 29, 2019
karmarcharger is TPPT, he most likely knows as much about the upcoming FTB pack updates as I do, which is next to nothing.

I understand that and see that, I just thought maybe I missed a post somewhere since you guys are far more in the loop then we are. But for me and my partner, we played ultimate a lot and like to play this one as well. I specifically remember something about it getting an update the same time Departed was announced but that section was taken out I believe. Anyways, this packs been long overdue for an update. January or so was the last time I heard anything really. And we really want to play and not piddlefart around with the pack to fix it up ourselves. I mean we have the time, we just got done with this semester and the towns flooded and basically shut down, so we have all the time in the world. So rather then wasting our time and fix it, just to find out its updated the next day would be frustrating. We could just put that time into coding our own game project and save ourselves the headache ect. So let me rephrase the question I guess. Is the pack dead like some of the others? I mean, I do remember it saying, their rebuilding the pack, but then that section is suddenly gone. Im not really trying to ask for a specific date but I mean is it gonna be another few months? I'd just like a little update maybe at least once a month on whats going on, and not feel like this is gonna go down the same path as the american version of PSO 2 where you have a lot of people wanting to play it, but never post an update or anything. Anyways, I googled it around didnt find anything remotely newer then February or January, and thought that I may as well ask directly and hope for a little bit of information. I mean it was bound to be asked either by me or someone else on my group or somebody else on the internet.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I understand that and see that, I just thought maybe I missed a post somewhere since you guys are far more in the loop then we are. But for me and my partner, we played ultimate a lot and like to play this one as well. I specifically remember something about it getting an update the same time Departed was announced but that section was taken out I believe. Anyways, this packs been long overdue for an update. January or so was the last time I heard anything really. And we really want to play and not piddlefart around with the pack to fix it up ourselves. I mean we have the time, we just got done with this semester and the towns flooded and basically shut down, so we have all the time in the world. So rather then wasting our time and fix it, just to find out its updated the next day would be frustrating. We could just put that time into coding our own game project and save ourselves the headache ect. So let me rephrase the question I guess. Is the pack dead like some of the others? I mean, I do remember it saying, their rebuilding the pack, but then that section is suddenly gone. Im not really trying to ask for a specific date but I mean is it gonna be another few months? I'd just like a little update maybe at least once a month on whats going on, and not feel like this is gonna go down the same path as the american version of PSO 2 where you have a lot of people wanting to play it, but never post an update or anything. Anyways, I googled it around didnt find anything remotely newer then February or January, and thought that I may as well ask directly and hope for a little bit of information. I mean it was bound to be asked either by me or someone else on my group or somebody else on the internet.

Jeez... It's not like you're paying these guys or anything... They don't have to be doing this, you know.

Arcticwolf2425

Jul 29, 2019
*Rubs his temple's and sighs* I didnt know it was so wrong to ask for an update on a pack that hasn't had a single official post about it since January. And Im sorry I hold the FTB team in higher regard then most mod pack makers because they make some good mod packs and maybe expected something. But all I want is a few updates on a pack that I love and that some others love too....I know a lot of people love infinity and probably dont know the frustration of how buggy Resurrection is.

Jeez... It's not like you're paying these guys or anything... They don't have to be doing this, you know.

And in a sense I have payed a bit to support them. I mean my groups bought their T-shirt (Since theirs 7 of us, 22$ x7 is 154- whatever goes into making them ect. which hopefully goes to the team.) Not to mention advertising too since FTB is across their shirts. Donated to a lot of the mod creators since Ive been playing for 3-4 years. And again...I know they dont have to update the modpacks at all, but again being a popular professional Minecraft modpack group you tend to expect a few updates or answers on a pack that they are working on....Also I didnt know it was difficult to answer a simple question for a unstable modpack that has dust collecting on it since January.

Again, as a group...We all want to know...all 7 of us, whats going on and if there is any news on the dead modpack...We're not asking when it will come out....we just want to know whats going on and if its gonna take a few months more or if its been scrapped all together.....Cause taking out that bit of news about it in the Departed announcement a few posts ago made us wonder if its just dead.....

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Resurrection is based on gregtech, which has been recently going through a rewrite. There hasn't been a stable version to update to for a few months. Once there is, and we have the team members to spare, we will work on the update.

Karma is absolutely right, we have no idea when it will be ready.