Recipe/Raw Materials List for GraviSuit Chest?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Toadzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone have happened to burden themselves with making a list of all the raw materials required for the gravisuit chest? If you do, posting it or messaging it would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks,
Toad

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
gravi chest plate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
water 96
tin 720
copper 534
rubber 362
redstone 172
ref iron 68
diamond 26
iridium 84
ruby 4
sapphire 7
gold 9
glass 30
electrum 10
advanced alloy 119
coal 200 or 450 carbon cells (25 carbon plates)
lapis 42
lappack 1

This list was made in mindcrack 6 or 7, so maybe greg changed something somewhere.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
With GT this might get a little complicated, as there are different recipes for some components. For example you can save on copper and rubber by using electrum to make circuits. Or you can make mixed metal ingots from all kinds of materials yielding different numbers of advanced alloys.

Toadzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Im curious, why rubies and sapphires? I have 6 stacks of both, but what are they included in?

And thank you so much...it may or may not be exact (we'll see), but its certainly 95% better than my estimates before

And Im not using gregtech so im gonna guess it's similar if not the same

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Energy and lapotron crystals, respectively. You can replace diamonds in the IC recipes with rubies and sapphires if you have GregTech. (And people say it only makes things harder.)

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Dont see how...theyre everywhere
That's Redpower 2's doing. Rubies are normally quite rare in GT.

In Beta A after 2 weeks I only had like 10 of them, and now I have 2 stacks. The Lapotron Crystal substitution has existed since Beta A.

GregTech actually advises on his site to nerf RedPower 2's gem generation, but stops short of nerfing it himself, only providing steps.

I assume that is because RedPower 2 is beloved by all, and the fan-base will descend on him like a swarm of Killer Bees if he nerfed anything Elooram ever created......

Reactions: Confidential1207

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
It's because either Eloraam doesn't want him to mess with her mod, or she hasn't responded to him about it. You'll notice that GT changes absolutely nothing RP-related.

Reactions: Dravarden

Toadzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Also, for mil, are the ores as the actual ore? or the ingots (assuming its macerated/pulverized) then smelted

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
It's because either Eloraam doesn't want him to mess with her mod, or she hasn't responded to him about it. You'll notice that GT changes absolutely nothing RP-related.
Eloraam seems strangely against people messing with her mod (her not wanting omniwrench to do RP2 screwdriver stuff, for example), and she's clearly respected enough for people to agree with her and not mess with it.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
84 Iridium... Hell's blazes... And to think, some people on the Mindcrack server have that already thanks to the 'Cheaty Nebris' technique :p

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
84 Iridium... Hell's blazes... And to think, some people on the Mindcrack server have that already thanks to the 'Cheaty Nebris' technique :p

When you think about it, the only real barriers are iridium (because damnit, Gregorious), copper and tin, and those only because you burn through it like crazy normally and the crazy amounts only make that problem worse.

The other stuff is trivial.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
The copper is my only problem :/
Yeah copper seems to be extremely rare. I know it only spawns between y-40 to y-70, but even at those ranges it seems rare. I think ore spawns in general are rarer at that height...

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't GT just not allow substitution of RP's gems? That would fix the lack of scarcity. (Sorry for the double negative.)

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, he intentionally used the ore dictionary, not sure why he complains about em.

Because IIRC a lot of people complained about the RP2 gem in GT thread, that's why he advised to use custom ore generation so those people won't bug him anymore.. he didn't really complain about them, because I'm pretty sure most of his gem ideas were from RP2 and he knew the abundant amount of RP2 gem before he implemented his gems.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Well, all you have to do if you're short on either copper, tin, silver, gold or tungsten, is to centrifuge lava.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Just re-enable IC2 copper and disable TE one, it's really needed to make a good nuclear reactor power system..