Gregtech HQM

Svangen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making a mod pack with Gregtech in it, and I have no idea how to use it. I've seen some people use it back in 1.4.7, but it's completely changed according to the mod thread on the IC2 forums. So would like to know if there is a Gregtech HQM already made, or if someone could make one for me.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
@CarbonBasedGhost made tutorial pack for gregtech that used hqm back in 1.6.4. I can't imagine it changing all that much. FTB Resurrection also has gregtech but it lacks any sort of tutorial aspect. I would suggest playing through those if you wish to learn Gregtech.

Reactions: Padfoote

Svangen

Jul 29, 2019
on the forum thread it says that it has changed A LOT since Gregtech 5 (1.6.4) to Gregtech 6 (1.7.10).

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
on the forum thread it says that it has changed A LOT since Gregtech 5 (1.6.4) to Gregtech 6 (1.7.10).
GregTech 4 was for 1.6.4 and GregTech 5/6 are both for 1.7.10.
GT5 is allready quite different to GT4.
GT6 is a complete restart and has currently close to no machines. It will likely take a few months if not a year until it is done until the Endgame.

I'm currently maintaining GT5 until GT6 is ready. My last update brings 180 Achievements that sould help like a rough HQM to find the way trough.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
GT4, GT5, and GT6 are very different from each other. If you want to start playing GT I recommend waiting a bit for GT6 to be complete, and watching some Youtube videos on the basics of GT5-6.

Gregtech is in a bit of a mess right now and I don't think it will recover til 1.8.

johnkill34

Jul 29, 2019
Most important to know that GT5 and GT6 are soo different and can't updated from 5 to 6. I want to play in my FTB Resurrection with GT6 and still waiting.

Read GT words in Q/A
(Q: Can I update GT5 to GT6 without problems?
A: No you cannot. Simple as that, YOU. CAN. NOT. And don't ask any Questions on "how bad" it is to update, you will simply loose EVERYTHING.)

GT6 v. 6.00.37 from 24.05.2015- here http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/com/gregoriust/gregtech/index.html
Requirements (GT page):
- IC² Build 679 or later
- If strange but The new GT Q/A says: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/com/gregoriust/gregtech/qa.txt
The Reason for using Forge Version 1263 and not anything newer, is that the Synchronisation Code of all newer Forges is broken causing the "Missing-Textures" to be displayed (what is the only Problem I know of).

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
We halted development of a Gregtech HQM pack when Gregtech 6 was released. Your best bet is to play with Bloody's port.