[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Encountering a bit of an issue with the pack. I'm getting lag spikes whenever I'm in my inventory (these are the worst but I do see extreme CPU usages even normally). They come and go every couple of seconds where I can't click on stuff or do anything. I can sit here and watch my CPU usage constantly going up and down even sitting around doing nothing. . This is the first pack that I've had this issue with. Makes it very hard to play.

Edit: My CPU is an i7-4770K and I play many other mods without an issue. Once I close out of the pack my utilization goes down to around 5% or less. I loaded up another pack that i've put many hours into and it averages around 20-25% utilization once loaded.

Edit 2: It doesn't seem to happen immediately after the pack opens but after playing for a while

Also, for some reason it isn't remembering my resource pack setting. Whenever I load up the game there's no resource pack selected. I'm just using faithful.

Last edited:

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I have it, but it doesn't recipes in it

Sounds like maybe a bad install, try reinstalling is the only thing I can think off.

Encountering a bit of an issue with the pack. I'm getting lag spikes whenever I'm in my inventory (these are the worst but I do see extreme CPU usages even normally). They come and go every couple of seconds where I can't click on stuff or do anything. I can sit here and watch my CPU usage constantly going up and down even sitting around doing nothing. . This is the first pack that I've had this issue with. Makes it very hard to play.

Edit: My CPU is an i7-4770K and I play many other mods without an issue. Once I close out of the pack my utilization goes down to around 5% or less. I loaded up another pack that i've put many hours into and it averages around 20-25% utilization once loaded.

Edit 2: It doesn't seem to happen immediately after the pack opens but after playing for a short time (15 to 30 minutes probably?)

Also, for some reason it isn't remembering my resource pack setting. Whenever I load up the game there's no resource pack selected. I'm just using faithful.

I had a similar issue when playing it through MultiMC launcher, after about 30 minutes the it would start lagging bad then the console would crash (not the game just the console) and as soon as I cleared the crash message and closed the console the game would run fine. I have was not able to determine what was causing it, but I suspected it was something with enviromine. You could try closing the console to see if that helps any.
As far as the texture pack goes I've got no idea why it does not save, I noticed that myself. I've gotten use to it on the curse launcher (for texture packs not installed through the launcher), but never had that issue with other FTB packs.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Cool. at least I'm not going crazy! I'll try closing the console and seeing if that helps. I haven't had the resource pack issue on any other packs, even the ones on the curse launcher. I installed faithful manually for a couple of packs from there and they never lose it. This is the first pack that's doing that :(

I am really enjoying the pack so far though! Great job! Couple of questions and things I've noticed so far though.

1) Why no inventory tweaks? I hate not being able to sort! I'm just curious if you had a specific reason for not including it :)
2) A couple grammer/spelling things from the quest book. If you aren't looking for this type of feedback, just say so and I won't include it again.
-For the Quest Alternative Power under Basic Tech, you say "widely through of" when I think you meant "widely thought of".
-For the Quest Conduit, you have "widely consider" and it probably should be "widely considered"​
3) Are the full size ghasts not supposed to shoot fireballs? I've seen some of various types and they open their mouth and make the sound like they are going to shoot but nothing ever happens.
4) Is it possible to pickup the scaffolding blocks you get at the start once you place them?
5) For the Quest With sprinkles, it seems to only accept an oak wooden channel valve. I tried to make a dark oak one and it didn't like it.
6) Trying to break algae with the gun in hand causes it to just disappear. It happened to me a couple of times and I noticed it in Lord Racoon's video he posted today.

Thanks! and keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Cool. at least I'm not going crazy! I'll try closing the console and seeing if that helps. I haven't had the resource pack issue on any other packs, even the ones on the curse launcher. I installed faithful manually for a couple of packs from there and they never lose it. This is the first pack that's doing that :(

I am really enjoying the pack so far though! Great job! Couple of questions and things I've noticed so far though.

1) Why no inventory tweaks? I hate not being able to sort! I'm just curious if you had a specific reason for not including it :)
2) A couple grammer/spelling things from the quest book. If you aren't looking for this type of feedback, just say so and I won't include it again.
-For the Quest Alternative Power under Basic Tech, you say "widely through of" when I think you meant "widely thought of".
-For the Quest Conduit, you have "widely consider" and it probably should be "widely considered"​
3) Are the full size ghasts not supposed to shoot fireballs? I've seen some of various types and they open their mouth and make the sound like they are going to shoot but nothing ever happens.
4) Is it possible to pickup the scaffolding blocks you get at the start once you place them?
5) For the Quest With sprinkles, it seems to only accept an oak wooden channel valve. I tried to make a dark oak one and it didn't like it.
6) Trying to break algae with the gun in hand causes it to just disappear. It happened to me a couple of times and I noticed it in Lord Racoon's video he posted today.

Thanks! and keep up the great work!

I always end up disabling inventory tweaks so I didn't include it, figured it's an easy add if you want it.
Thanks for pointing out the grammar and spelling, I can use all the help I can get with that.
I noticed that the large ghasts were not shooting fireballs, but I figured that if they were it might make it harder than intended.
If you make a chisel you can change them from transparent to a block that you can get back when broken.
I'll fix channel valve detection in the next update.
Nothing I can do about gun/algae bug, just think of it as not using the proper tool for the job.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Cool Thanks for the information :) I didn't think there was anything you could do about the gun/algae bug, but it might be worth mentioning in the quest book or somewhere just so people know!

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
No, Tinker's Construct will never be added to this pack because it does not fit the theme at all.
:) I'm glad about that :) Its nice to use other tools for once.

What I do miss are the crafting stations that can hold the inventory though...am I missing an option for it that's early game?

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
oh good its ready, been watching Racoon play this on youtube, it looked like the sort of pack I like. I'll be giving this a try.

Reactions: Landstryder

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I had a similar issue when playing it through MultiMC launcher, after about 30 minutes the it would start lagging bad then the console would crash (not the game just the console) and as soon as I cleared the crash message and closed the console the game would run fine. I have was not able to determine what was causing it, but I suspected it was something with enviromine. You could try closing the console to see if that helps any.
As far as the texture pack goes I've got no idea why it does not save, I noticed that myself. I've gotten use to it on the curse launcher (for texture packs not installed through the launcher), but never had that issue with other FTB packs.
I think I may have narrowed down the issue. It appears to be related to the physics with enrivomine. I was playing fine with no issues, but once I started chopping down trees, it very quickly got worse and worse. If I'm not chopping down trees, I can play for a long time and not have any issues, but as soon as I start chopping down trees it'll get worse with each tree. I think it may be more directly related to the leaves than the tree itself because earlier in my playthrough I had a ton of gravel get affected by gravity and fall and didn't have any issues from it.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @Landstryder couple questions

Is there supposed to be a big gap of progress once you get to the basic tech quests? I did the first one but to do the rest I had get a TON of cobblestone in order to get enough metals. Am I missing something?

I finally crafted an igneous extruder and it didn't come with any augment, not even the normal ones (redstone, automated output, etc), Is that intended?

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Is there supposed to be a big gap of progress once you get to the basic tech quests? I did the first one but to do the rest I had get a TON of cobblestone in order to get enough metals. Am I missing something?
Not exactly, I'm still working on the quest lines, and I think the tweaks I plan to make to the drop rates should close that gap a bit.

I finally crafted an igneous extruder and it didn't come with any augment, not even the normal ones (redstone, automated output, etc), Is that intended?
Yes the not coming with enhancements of any kind is on purpose

AyVaZzZ4o0

Jul 29, 2019
I see Millenaire mod i am excited cant wait :p also you dont have to always change recipes you can make them quest rewards in previous quests to help out next quests...by the way you have slight typo in first post "the conduit quest needs TO BE revamped"

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Is it supposed for the torch's to not give any heat? Even lava! Staying close to it does nothing.

I always end up with hypothermia...

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Is it supposed for the torch's to not give any heat? Even lava! Staying close to it does nothing.

When I first started I couldn't get warm standing next to lava. Putting a bucket of it in my inventory worked, however. Now I start overheating within seconds of standing near the stuff to break cobble.

I also have the wierd console issue. But my launcher also crashes so that when I quit the game (which I have to do every half hour, pretty much). I have to use task manager to close it and even that doesn't want to work as the launcher keeps flicking in and out of a 'running' state - it's just blank while it does this. The launcher is fine if I close the game before the console throws in the towel.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019

The torches you start with are chiseled, and yes they are suppose to not give off heat. To get a torch that will keep you warm you will need to make normal ones. I also recommend moving around the first day till you find someplace that is not super cold to live, the game often starts you in a cold taiga biome.

I also have the wierd console issue. But my launcher also crashes so that when I quit the game (which I have to do every half hour, pretty much). I have to use task manager to close it and even that doesn't want to work as the launcher keeps flicking in and out of a 'running' state - it's just blank while it does this. The launcher is fine if I close the game before the console throws in the towel.

Sending an update in today, hopefully it will help with these kinds of issues. More than half the mods have gotten an update and I've updated the version of forge it's built on.