Problem IC2 API errors filling up my logs

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
Envioushost hosted server, 4GB of RAM.
DW 5.01 Mod Pack

Only extra mod is Fighu server commands (warps, sethome, permissions, etc)

I just started getting these errors two days ago. This also coincided with some server performance issues.

2013-01-30 08:37:31 [WARNING] [IC2] API ERROR: ic2.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityInduction@6f077d3 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.
2013-01-30 08:37:31 [WARNING] [IC2] API ERROR: ic2.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityInduction@6f077d3 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

2013-01-30 10:30:47 [WARNING] [IC2] API ERROR: ic2.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityElecFurnace@1dbbf711 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.
2013-01-30 10:30:47 [WARNING] [IC2] API ERROR: ic2.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityElecFurnace@1dbbf711 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

I have literally thousands of these errors in my server logs.

Any idea?

leonel

Jul 29, 2019
yes it is a know bug from IC2 , it fixed on latest ic2 version, but when playing with a mod pack, we have to wait for it to update, same error spam mindcrack v8, updated ic2 and error is gone, but had to downgrade since the server is supposed to run on v8

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
thanks Leonel. I would guess that it is partially responsible for the crazy server lag we have been experiencing these last few days (since the update). I have noticed a definite degradation in server performance since the update happened. I have been thinking it was the addition of some new chunk loaders, but now I think it may be partially due to the server getting hit with these errors.

Hopefully we get an update on Monday!

Reactions: leonel

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
Since it is only really coming from IC2 machines, is it possible replacing them with the machines from the ThermalExpansion mod would improve server performance?

leonel

Jul 29, 2019
well it would stop error but with no ic2 you cant make late on items like quantums, or panels. killing a part of the game, i would consider asking to manual update ic2 before removing it completly

Tumm

Jul 29, 2019
When you say 'update to the latest version' which version of IC2 is that? I tried to use v1.111 and then the mindcrack pack wouldn't even load for me.

* Scratch that. Apparently the v8 pack comes with version 1.112 of IC2, but it still has that API error. Is this more of an advanced machines bug?

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
We're having the same problem. I'll keep watch on this thread to see when a fix hits. It appears most of our errors are being caused by recyclers, so I'll have everyone shut them down for now.

leonel

Jul 29, 2019
well the update works 100%, but it require all to manually add the mod on its version 115, i tested all ic2 machines and of course other players moving around loading their stuff, 0 errors. and quite nice performance boost

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
I assume that each person on the server would have to update manually and I would have to update the server file, too. So, I'm thinking we'll just wait on an official update as trying to coach everyone through a manual install can be a real pain.

leonel

Jul 29, 2019
I assume that each person on the server would have to update manually and I would have to update the server file, too. So, I'm thinking we'll just wait on an official update as trying to coach everyone through a manual install can be a real pain.
yeah, making these extra clicks aren't worth for user just to fix a annoying bug to admins xD and to our logs files which get huge xD

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
I Just checked my Server, it was running at 100% Memory. Maxed out with thousands of recycler errors..plus other advanced machines. I'm using four over clocked recyclers to manage input from three massive quarries. They are getting pounded with cobble. My smelters and furnaces not so much. I think that explains the reason for the fact that the majority of my errors are from the Recycler farm. I might just stop processing cobble and send it into a lava pit at the quarry site.

In any case, I restarted mys erver and I am back down to 36% memory utilization. I think I can keep it under control if I shut down the 4 recyclers.

Edit: Worked great. Errors stopped as soon as I took the recyclers offline.

03.02 00:22:38 [Server] INFO Sending serverside check
03.02 00:21:51 [Server] INFO Processing Shard
03.02 00:21:50 [Server] INFO Processing Shard
03.02 00:21:49 [Server] INFO Processing Shard
03.02 00:21:42 [Server] INFO Processing Shard
03.02 00:20:55 [Server] WARNING API ERROR: ic2.core.block.machine.tileentity.TileEntityRecycler@465d9297 didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
Same problems here, although some of the other machines cause occasional errors, too. I am hoping that the IC2 folks are aware of the problem. Does anyone know if they have been informed?

chuck

Jul 29, 2019
just to add my name to the list ... getting the same errors ... but concerning a macerator, nuke reactor, batbox and something else (i forget what) ... server runs fine for a few hours then crashes with a GC out of memory error. Going to try the update above and do it manually ... as we only have 5-6 people, shouldnt be a big deal ... will post back if problem is solved.

* problem not solved... we updated to 115 manually ... still getting the errors and memory use slowly climbs to 100% until eventually a GC Memory Full crash. One player is using a Nuke Reactor, which was being spammed in the console as well. But a chunkloader seems to have solved that particular error. But still getting errors for macerators, generators and batboxes. Two players are no longer with us, had machines, and I went through and removed them. Took all of mine down ... trying to narrow down which one it is, but no luck.

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, it looks like we'll try to manual update. If I may ask, I see two files on that site: a zip and a jar. Which goes to server and which to client? Thanks.

jandrese

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to turn off logging instead as a workaround for this problem until the fixed version of IC2 is rolled into FTB? I have my own logging setup that is capturing the output from the console already, and the IC2 spam is becoming a problem for me (it's about a Gig per hour currently). I've had to fall back to rebooting the server regularly just to clear the log files, but it's a messy solution.

For that matter, it would be really nice to be able to choose a different location for the log file (on a different partition) just in general. Is this possible?