The Chronicles of a FTB Neophyte

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I believe there's a config option to make DSU's cheaper, but Monster has JABBA and those are fantastic barrels. Cheap to make and expandable later on when you need to condense them. You'll also want the dolly from the same mod to move them.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I really like the JABBA barrels, I never thought of using them for the quarry until you guys said to.

Here is a very small update.

dep2RBC.png

After about 16 hours, they quarry is down to bedrock. It's awesome!

xFog3u3.png

My riches.

M47wdAQ.png

Everything is smelting up nicely.

AwFhnq8.png

My ghetto setup.

I hope to set up a real power system soon. Run my the same kinda system as the quarry, but bigger.

Thanks for reading![DOUBLEPOST=1414979829,1414374929][/DOUBLEPOST]Update time! I have power!

76S1zXW.png

Since it's so easy for me to get lava from my blood magic Serenade of the Nether ritual, it was the obvious choice for energy production.

dm4b16v.png

As you can see, we have the ritual making lava, and a pump sucking it up. The lava goes into lava generators that both power the pump and go to the 16 generators. there are two of these setups per side.

yLlDeQa.png

Both sides hooked up and generating power. I have 4 resonant energy cells per side, I may increase them to 8 or 9 if I feel like I need it.

izuNjia.png

The cells are hooked to blood magic transposers that will take them wherever I need them.

nhLiSkF.png

Like a new quarry! This one is running super fast because of all the power flowing through the conduits. Unfortunately for some reason I can't transpose the energy conduits, they just seem to disappear.

44bBlRG.png

I have the better barrels like you guys said, they are super nice to use.

SUx0D1d.png

e5rlsxj.png

I absolutely hate reactorcraft. All these stupid crystals that I will never use jam up my system. I tried to sort them out, but my different configurations always seemed to skip things sometimes. What can I do to make them just go away?

qP5ugPH.png

My aura nodes, didn't even try to do that.

ZumPVzy.png

I also upgraded my alter to tier 5! I want to get that potion that Docm77 had on the last season of crackpack that gave him flight for 18 minutes, but I'm not quite ready for that.

KAgaTsi.png

Remodeled blood alter. I think it's looking pretty formidable.

That's all I have this time! Thanks for reading!

Next Time on the Chronicles of a FTB Neophyte:
D79hNe8.png

DJpmM2v.png

These builds look atrocious. Let's make them a bit more attractive.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome back, looks like having updates on Sunday will be the new thing unless I have some smaller updates during the week.

As I promised, I cleaned up the island.

jFSg9wQ.png

J8JvEGT.png

SoATBM5.png

YOV6NJM.png

It's convalescing. Actually fixing the builds come next.

To get all the sand I needed for the clean up I made a dessert age. Unfortunately I had to use the creative spawned book again, it is just way too time consuming to find pages.
RJfGBOq.png

F9ByIqy.png

WNXICc6.png

Even having eight resonate energy cells wasn't enough for a night of AFK. So I made a tesseract and it works wonderfully.

zDTqvj8.png

For a good reason, the quarry will not pick up the fluoride ore. I was wondering if it was possible to blacklist some of the other reactor craft ores, but it's not a big deal because I just send it all to a trash can.

PkdvEIE.png

I'm also trying to send all the geostrata cobble into a trashcan, but there is more than 9 different kinds and for some reason putting two item filters just cancels each other out. What can I do to throw it all away?

yd2Qf0t.png

ltbGOe9.png

Another problem is that all my thaumcraft research has mysteriously vanished. Although since taking that screen shot, the research table points have returned just as weirdly as they disappeared. The thumonomicon research is still gone though. Any help?

kHYZYdP.png

I think this is a better look for the tunnels, it's more techie and less mystical hallway looking.

g845N6R.png

I made a ore processing system, it could be better, but this is fine. I was a bit disappointed to find that the Ender IO stuff doesn't have the cool GUI like it does in 1.7.

X9tTzAT.png

iPoZwSE.png

I had the brilliant idea of auto harvesting obsidian...

h2Eij6p.png

Cg7aqWr.png

This is my nether mob grinder. I need a good way to get blaze rods. It's pretty ghetto, but I wont be visiting often.

gGYUsgL.png

This will probably be finished somewhere else. As of right now I have 57 wither skulls just from this silly thing. It's all chunkloaded, but I'm not within 128 blocks of it (obviously). However, it still works. Why?

Jealous @rhn?
JCm608O.png

Just a few things to make life better around the oasis. Thanks for reading!

Next Time on the Chronicles of a FTB Neophyte:
XECggf1.png

Reactions: E_DM_B

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure you all understood what that last screenshot meant.

69i8LgG.png

Tell me your secrets!
xC861zs.png

uL15ZRT.png

That's disappointing.

ZY162kZ.png

I found a new one!

gjdWzZx.png

I'm ready to go, I made a new toy too! The sigil of the phantom bridge.

6wDwFdc.png

Fist impressions, not much different from vanilla end. I'm sure you've all seen Enderdragon fights before, so I'll jump right to the end.

NU2uq4J.png

tXSeSKO.png

w3RuZbx.png

etn60dj.png

Pretty cool, I love the end credits, you should read it, it's really cool story if you guys haven't bothered to before.

UGz0fj1.png

Here's my obligatory noob moment. Thought I could cheat the system and telepose an ender crystal I saved from the fight.

14zTNs2.png

Wow, It just teleported the bedrock.

KfBzlvH.png

Thanks for reading! I don't have a lot of time to play this week, but I have another mini update in the works.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Mini update.

If you where paying attention in the mana bean screenshot you would have seen my newest advance in tech:
NayCybf.png

That's right, it's quarry plus time baby.

jrh4sAD.png

This thing goes faster than I can run, which is pretty fast.

gaRcNGB.png

The tesseract wasn't transferring enough energy fast enough, so for now I had to put down some resonant energy cells.

gkaMsDb.png

As you can see, I'm not very good at cable management. Is there a better way to move power around? I'm not concerned about space, I just worry that is isn't an efficient setup.

KF3gCBB.png

I changed all my cables to enderIO ender conduits, the quarry works just fine now that an extra 10,480 RF per tick can flow through the conduits. However I still want to know if there is a more efficient way to arrange cables.

One last thing I've been working on:
D3wwWXh.png

That's right, I have real sustainable flight!

0eIFETd.png

That's it for now, I hope you don't mind the shorter updates. I'll have more time soon.

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: E_DM_B

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is awkward...

I'm not dead. Sorry for those of you that still watched my thread before I stopped posting. I lost interest in the mods and I wasn't getting much support here with my noob moments or feedback in general. So I moved on. Now half a year later I have started a new world...

... and I'm having another noob moment. I figured y'all could help me out real quick, if not I'll look into other tech support options.

So I'm playing a new Infinity world now and would like to add Compact Machines to the mod list. I added the latest version (1.18) from the website through the "add mod" button in the launcher. I tried launching and at first it would not even start. Then I tried force updating the pack which let it launch. However, upon trying to load my world, I get kicked back to the title screen. I've done everything from restarting my computer to re downloading the mod. I even tried creating a new world and I have the same problem. This is what the console says:

FTB Launcher logs:
[21:27:20] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Fatal errors were detected during the transition from AVAILABLE to SERVER_ABOUT_TO_START. Loading cannot continue
[21:27:20] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]:

/snip ~~~ A bunch of gobbley goop~~~ /snip

[21:27:20] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[21:27:20] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:cobblestoneWall for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockMarbleWall com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.cobblestoneWall. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[21:27:20] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:eek:bsidian2 for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvable com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.obsidian2. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[21:27:20] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup CompactMachines:interfaceblock for public static org.dave.CompactMachines.block.BlockCM org.dave.CompactMachines.init.ModBlocks.interfaceblock. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[21:27:20] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
[21:27:20] [pool-5-thread-1/INFO] [EnderIO]: ServerChannelRegister: Dimensional Trasciever data saved to Z:\FTB\FTBInfinity\minecraft\saves\Quixotic Ideal\enderio\dimensionalTransceiver.json
[21:27:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [mcjty.rftools.RFTools:serverStopped:192]: ###### RFTools.serverStopped
[21:27:20] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
[21:27:20] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state AVAILABLE. Errors may have been discarded.

Hopefully y'all can help me with this.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is awkward...

I'm not dead. Sorry for those of you that still watched my thread before I stopped posting. I lost interest in the mods and I wasn't getting much support here with my noob moments or feedback in general. So I moved on. Now half a year later I have started a new world...

... and I'm having another noob moment. I figured y'all could help me out real quick, if not I'll look into other tech support options.

So I'm playing a new Infinity world now and would like to add Compact Machines to the mod list. I added the latest version (1.18) from the website through the "add mod" button in the launcher. I tried launching and at first it would not even start. Then I tried force updating the pack which let it launch. However, upon trying to load my world, I get kicked back to the title screen. I've done everything from restarting my computer to re downloading the mod. I even tried creating a new world and I have the same problem. This is what the console says:

FTB Launcher logs:
[21:27:20] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: Fatal errors were detected during the transition from AVAILABLE to SERVER_ABOUT_TO_START. Loading cannot continue
[21:27:20] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]:

/snip ~~~ A bunch of gobbley goop~~~ /snip

[21:27:20] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Applying holder lookups
[21:27:20] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:cobblestoneWall for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockMarbleWall com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.cobblestoneWall. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[21:27:20] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup chisel:eek:bsidian2 for public static com.cricketcraft.chisel.block.BlockCarvable com.cricketcraft.chisel.init.ChiselBlocks.obsidian2. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[21:27:20] [Server thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to lookup CompactMachines:interfaceblock for public static org.dave.CompactMachines.block.BlockCM org.dave.CompactMachines.init.ModBlocks.interfaceblock. Is there something wrong with the registry?
[21:27:20] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Holder lookups applied
[21:27:20] [pool-5-thread-1/INFO] [EnderIO]: ServerChannelRegister: Dimensional Trasciever data saved to Z:\FTB\FTBInfinity\minecraft\saves\Quixotic Ideal\enderio\dimensionalTransceiver.json
[21:27:20] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [mcjty.rftools.RFTools:serverStopped:192]: ###### RFTools.serverStopped
[21:27:20] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.
[21:27:20] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: The state engine was in incorrect state ERRORED and forced into state AVAILABLE. Errors may have been discarded.

Hopefully y'all can help me with this.
Do you have the full log? I can't see anything here which suggests what's going wrong. If you put the full log on pastebin and post a link here, I'll have a look, but I can't promise I'll be able to identify the issue.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Did you check to make sure there's no supporting mod necessary? Like DragonAPI for RotaryCraft? Or if there is, if it's the correct version?

As for feed back, it's kind of hard. Some things are really cool, but only when you can see them working. Trains for example. I can show a dozen pictures of trains, but they don't make much sense until you see them in action.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the full log? I can't see anything here which suggests what's going wrong. If you put the full log on pastebin and post a link here, I'll have a look, but I can't promise I'll be able to identify the issue.

Sorry I didn't originally post the full log. When I tried the first time it said you cannot post something with more than 30,000 characters and pastebin wouldn't accept it because it exceeded copy size or something like that. Here it is now, I guess it was too large because I had been working on the issue before.

The first part is just the launch, then I go straight into starting up the world. There is no crash, it just puts me out at the title screen.

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=5qP2dBNB

Did you check to make sure there's no supporting mod necessary? Like DragonAPI for RotaryCraft? Or if there is, if it's the correct version?

As for feed back, it's kind of hard. Some things are really cool, but only when you can see them working. Trains for example. I can show a dozen pictures of trains, but they don't make much sense until you see them in action.

The page says nothing about needed something extra and 1.18 is latest version of CM.

It's all good, I'm not bitter about it or anything. I know y'all could only put up with my noobieness for so long. :p

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
On my part it was because about that time I had a big, nasty virus issue. Had to completely mangle my computer to bring it back to functionality.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I didn't originally post the full log. When I tried the first time it said you cannot post something with more than 30,000 characters and pastebin wouldn't accept it because it exceeded copy size or something like that. Here it is now, I guess it was too large because I had been working on the issue before.

The first part is just the launch, then I go straight into starting up the world. There is no crash, it just puts me out at the title screen.

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=5qP2dBNB

The page says nothing about needed something extra and 1.18 is latest version of CM.

It's all good, I'm not bitter about it or anything. I know y'all could only put up with my noobieness for so long. :p
OK, I think I found your error. If you look at line 4338 on, it seems you have a dimension ID conflict. This makes sense, because IIRC Compact machines uses a dimension to give the interior of said machines. You're going to need to trawl your configs and see what else is using dimension ID 2, and change to an ID that is not already in use.

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I think I found your error. If you look at line 4338 on, it seems you have a dimension ID conflict. This makes sense, because IIRC Compact machines uses a dimension to give the interior of said machines. You're going to need to trawl your configs and see what else is using dimension ID 2, and change to an ID that is not already in use.

Thanks for the suggestion...

...but it's still not working.
I have changed the ID to all sorts of numbers. I these are the ones I have:
DIM1
DIM-1
DIM2
DIM-7
DIM-19
DIM-34
DIM-37
DIM-38
DIM-42
DIM-100
DIM-112

Plus mystcraft dimensions 1 through 12. I've changed the Compact Machines dimension to all sorts of numbers and I still get the same error. I've even tried deleting DIM2. I'm saving my config every time I change it and I've made sure there are no other dimensions numbered the one I put. What can I set it to?

On my part it was because about that time I had a big, nasty virus issue. Had to completely mangle my computer to bring it back to functionality.

Sorry to hear that, but don't worry about it. It's all cool.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion...

...but it's still not working.
I have changed the ID to all sorts of numbers. I these are the ones I have:
DIM1
DIM-1
DIM2
DIM-7
DIM-19
DIM-34
DIM-37
DIM-38
DIM-42
DIM-100
DIM-112

Plus mystcraft dimensions 1 through 12. I've changed the Compact Machines dimension to all sorts of numbers and I still get the same error. I've even tried deleting DIM2. I'm saving my config every time I change it and I've made sure there are no other dimensions numbered the one I put. What can I set it to?

Sorry to hear that, but don't worry about it. It's all cool.
Are you getting the same error message each time?

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
Are you getting the same error message each time?

Yes

[13:48:39] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML]: A fatal exception occurred during the server about to start event
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id 2, One is already registered

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe the conflict isn't with Compact Machines, but something else?

I've about reached the limits of my troubleshooting ability here. If there's nothing important to you in the Mystcraft age in that dimension, maybe delete it from the game files and see if that fixes it?

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed it!!! I did everything I could think of, even force update the pack, but when I did that, I logged into my world before reinstalling compact machines. Just now I did it without starting my world and voila! It works.

Thanks for all your help RJS!

Hazard

Jul 29, 2019
can u start posting again? I just noticed this thread and its awsome....

That's something I'll have to think about. Currently I'm in the final stretch of school for the year so pretty soon I'll have more time to play. So if there is enough interest I might start it back up.

I am in a new world with a new pack though (FTB infinity). So I don't know if I would continue this thread or create a new one.

One last thing. I have considered creating a YouTube channel to make videos of whatever I'm doing. NOT because I want to be famous, make money or anything like that. I would do it for the sole reason of learning how to do it. Knowing how to record and edit footage, managing a channel, and all the other things that comes with creating content I believe are valuable skills you can use further down the line.

Let me know your thoughts, I wasn't expecting anyone to want to put up with my shenanigans again. :p

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, I may not have posted often, but I was really enjoying following your progress as a silent lurker, and I think I'm not the only one when I say that.