FTB Departed Trailer

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
This is actually incorrect. It doesn't share any content. This was done over a year after I left DivineRPG as a completely separate project.

Yes, there are actually a LOT of other mods with it. The old RPG Immersion pack was discussed between Slowpoke and I and it was certainly not what we wanted at the time.

There aren't any real tech mods there. When going through possible mods to add we definitely tried to avoid anything that would seem out of place. There are multiple magic mods there (Thaumcraft, Botania to name a few) and other adventure mods (ie Twilight Forest). The main focus was adventure and magic in the largest scale experience we could come up with. :)

Hey, thanks for responding! I'm glad to hear that it's not just a one mod modpack, that'd be kinda weird. I'm also curious about if the scaling of each mod are relatively balanced with each other?

Why doesnt he get a modpack maker tag thingy?
Might be because he's only recently been active on the forum? I dunno, I don't think the FTB team can immediately pin down whether someone is a mod maker as soon as they make an account /mod, I reckon it's something he has to ask for himself

XolovA

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, thanks for responding! I'm glad to hear that it's not just a one mod modpack, that'd be kinda weird. I'm also curious about if the scaling of each mod are relatively balanced with each other?

Might be because he's only recently been active on the forum? I dunno, I don't think the FTB team can immediately pin down whether someone is a mod maker as soon as they make an account /mod, I reckon it's something he has to ask for himself
Unlike DivineRPG, Advent is a lot more balanced around Vanilla for maximum compatibility. I can assure you that it's been tested alongside everything thoroughly.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Divine RPG is too big to have in a mod pack, Sure you can have other mods in it but it takes over the balance and progress and all the other mods are just small insignificant side mods. I don't mean to say that Divine RPG is bad, I mean I really like the mod, I just mean that it becomes the mod pack and takes over.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Divine RPG is too big to have in a mod pack, Sure you can have other mods in it but it takes over the balance and progress and all the other mods are just small insignificant side mods. I don't mean to say that Divine RPG is bad, I mean I really like the mod, I just mean that it becomes the mod pack and takes over.
Well, there's nothing wrong with having a modpack revolving around 1 mod. Assuming you're getting at other mods not fitting with Nevermine, hopefully progression is tweaked to do so. Usually FTB packs are unintertwined, so progression is basically not present with the mods, but since they started making packs more unique like trident I think they're trying to go out of that area. If they do it right, this pack could easily be one of FTB's best.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Well, there's nothing wrong with having a modpack revolving around 1 mod. Assuming you're getting at other mods not fitting with Nevermine, hopefully progression is tweaked to do so. Usually FTB packs are unintertwined, so progression is basically not present with the mods, but since they started making packs more unique like trident I think they're trying to go out of that area. If they do it right, this pack could easily be one of FTB's best.
I'm just saying that it may turn into every other pack with DivineRPG where you follow it's progression and then every other mod is basically ignored.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just saying that it may turn into every other pack with DivineRPG where you follow it's progression and then every other mod is basically ignored.

Unfortunately you are probably right. As they arn't including any tech in the pack. But I bet 3rd party packs will fix that.

Plixus

Jul 29, 2019
I can't wait for it. How long is roughly it going to take until it's available? Couple of days or weeks?