Dedicated Server Failing to Start - Mythcraft Related

Katherine1

Jul 29, 2019
So we played for a while and everything seemed to run fine. I decided to shut down the server to back it up and then start it back up. When I tried to start the serve back up, I got the following Error Report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I let you down. Sorry :(

Time: 11/12/12 5:23 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to register dimension for id 0, One is already registered
at net.minecraftforge.common.DimensionManager.registerDimension(DimensionManager.java:66)
at xcompwiz.mystcraft.MystcraftEventHandler.registerDimensions(MystcraftEventHandler.java:50)
at xcompwiz.mystcraft.MystcraftEventHandler.handleWorldLoadEvent(MystcraftEventHandler.java:37)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_58_MystcraftEventHandler_handleWorldLoadEvent_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:278)
at hg.c(DedicatedServer.java:153)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:454)
at fp.run(SourceFile:818)

Relevant Details:
- Minecraft Version: 1.4.2
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 (amd64) version 6.1
- Java Version: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation
- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 2043993464 bytes (1949 MB) / 2102788096 bytes (2005 MB) up to 3817799680 bytes (3640 MB)
- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms1G -Xmx4G
- AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
- FML: ~ERROR~ NullPointerException: null
- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'
- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
- Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
- Player Count: 0 / 20; []
- World world Entities: 0 total; []
- World world Players: 0 total; []
- World world Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0
- Type: Dedicated Server

The server will not start back up now. Is there any way to save this server?

thejoshknight

Jul 29, 2019
I get the Server tick loop all the time on SSP. I suspect it must be an inherent flaw with the way the modpack is built, as it seems to happen no matter the mods used or what server you're on.

Katherine1

Jul 29, 2019
Found it. It is a known Mystcraft problem:

Cannot Load World: Log States There Is Already a Provider for DIM 0

This is a known bug related to spawned Descriptive Books. Deleting SAVE/data/agedata0.dat will fix this error.

Reactions: Guswut

Katherine1

Jul 29, 2019
No problem, and just to note, do not delete any higher numbered agedata files. Those are the contents of all your descriptive books. Everything will work fine if you remove just the one listed.

IamMcIovin

Jul 29, 2019
No problem, and just to note, do not delete any higher numbered agedata files. Those are the contents of all your descriptive books. Everything will work fine if you remove just the one listed.
Where do you find the agedata files?

Katherine1

Jul 29, 2019
Right where that quote says it is. SAVE is the name of the world. the file may be named agedata_0.dat either way, only delete 0. All files above that are all the descriptive books you have made.