Difficulty mods?

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently developing my own HQM modpack. So far it's really nice. I've made the base of my map, disabled passive mobs and added a few quests.

Now, before I start delving deep into making the modpack and the map, I want alot of difficulty increasing mods. So far I have:

Code:
*Hunger Overhaul (with pams, of course)
*Spice of Life
*Special Mobs
*Mob Properties
*InfiniteInvo (Limits inventory space to a more realistic amount, complete quests to unlock more)
*Infernal Mobs
*Deadly World

Mods I know about and I dont want to use:
*Utility Mobs
*Ex Nihilo
*Iguana Tinker Tweaks (Disabling regular tools)

And I need more!
I feel these mods are not enough. Hunger Overhaul and SoL makes hunger an issue, which is great. I am basicly set with mobs as well, considering Special Mobs can spawn some really crazy things, and Infernal mobs only strengthens that. Deadly world increases dungeon spawn rate and makes it possible for spawners to spawn in ravines and caves.

Any suggestion you have for a mod that makes things more difficult, please post it, whether it'd be just a tweak, addon, mob mod or hunger mod or anything. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, my map is an ocean with several explorable islands and dungeons, for those who wonder.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
enviromine adds sanity heat air quality and thirst. It also makes it possible for blocks to fall under certain conditions and all these things can be turned off in the config file if I remember right.

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
enviromine adds sanity heat air quality and thirst. It also makes it possible for blocks to fall under certain conditions and all these things can be turned off in the config file if I remember right.
Thanks, I forgot about that! Althought the only thing I'll use is the thirst.
:)

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
You know ITT is VERY configurable and you can choose not to disable Vanilla Tools, right? In fact, you could even configure the block and tool tiers

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
You know ITT is VERY configurable and you can choose not to disable Vanilla Tools, right? In fact, you could even configure the block and tool tiers
I know. I just dont tend on using tinker much in my modpack, if at all. I might remove it.

Orien

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it fits but ender zoo has a variety of enhanced/ new hostile mobs !

ShadowHawk707

Nov 20, 2014
hardcore darkness is a small mod that makes it VERY dark at night, Zombie awareness, Hardcore ender expansion if you want to go to the end, and there was one other mod that lets you configure item stack sizes so you can't carry as much but I forgot what it was called.

There are also mods like Gregtech and TerraFermaCraft but you would have to base the pack around them.

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Lycanites and Special mobs add pretty difficult mobs, lycanites especially

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
Lycanites and Special mobs add pretty difficult mobs, lycanites especially
I don't like Lycanites, simply because of how the mobs look. I generally remove Lycanites when I play a modpack using it.
Special mobs I already have, as stated in the OP. Thanks either way though :)

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like Lycanites, simply because of how the mobs look. I generally remove Lycanites when I play a modpack using it.
Special mobs I already have, as stated in the OP. Thanks either way though :)
Oops, 4got. But if you're looking at hardcore darkness, a great mod to put alongside it is the Amnesia Lights mod. One warning though, it's config is per-world, but that should not be a problem seeing as how you're using a map.