ftb infinity best power source?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
what is a good power source? which requires less time refilling.. at the moment, I have 5 x 5 big reactor. it's good and all.. but requires yellowrium I know it's pretty common, and very easy to find, but sick of needing to keep looking for the stuff. i'd much rather focus on other stuff.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
what is a good power source? which requires less time refilling.. at the moment, I have 5 x 5 big reactor. it's good and all.. but requires yellowrium I know it's pretty common, and very easy to find, but sick of needing to keep looking for the stuff. i'd much rather focus on other stuff.
Do remember that with MFR being part of it, you can (theoretically) use the Laser Drill with the right focus to generate enough yellorium to power the reactor(s) needed for the laser and more.

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
^ is this an easy process, because i'd love to beable to have my reactor fueled up all the time if possible.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Do remember that with MFR being part of it, you can (theoretically) use the Laser Drill with the filters/lenses (can't remember the right term) to generate enough yellorium to power the reactor(s) needed for the laser and more.

If you go this route then go with a turbine to generate the power, if memory servers me right this makes the reactor a lot more efficient and as a result you have more power for your base.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
If you go this route then go with a turbine to generate the power, if memory servers me right this makes the reactor a lot more efficient and as a result you have more power for your base.
Yes, thank you chap - I knew I hadn't mentioned something! :)

Its not too complicated, the drill uses a lot of power but its not unmanageable.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
The most complicated part of it is getting the resources.
You need pink slime ball for it and you can only get that by placing a bucket of pink slime in the world and wait a bit.

To get pink slime you need an slaughter house kill quit a bit of mobs.

As for how much power you need: a lot but if your reactor is to inefficient you will also not be able to do it. This is why I recommend using a turbine.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yeah, you're going to need 5000 RF/t per precharger, and 4 prechargers is probably what you'd need to generate enough yellorite ore.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Yeah, you're going to need 5000 RF/t per precharger, and 4 prechargers is probably what you'd need to generate enough yellorite ore.

In theory you could break even with 1 rf/t you just need to make sure you make enough to get the ore and process it before your out of yelorium.

Another way to get it is probably bees(not looked into them yet)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Short answer: Villager tears.

Longer answer:

Villagers in a well of suffering, powering lava crystals.

Why do you hate villagers that much?

Back on topic this could also be an valid option if you go this way you can also use a cursed earth mob farm instead of villagers.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Then I think that big reactors is your best bed depending on how much power you need.

edit a tree farm might also be plenty else pump lava from the nether

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
In theory you could break even with 1 rf/t you just need to make sure you make enough to get the ore and process it before your out of yellorium.

Well, true. Will the drill work little bit by little bit even with a tiny bit of power then? With the regards to breakeven, it depends on how fast your reactor burns through its fuel; if its very economical, you might well be able to manage it.

Short answer: Villager tears.

Longer answer:

Villagers in a well of suffering, powering lava crystals.
You monster.

I like you.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
ok back on topic.
some doable ways to get power
solar panels I believe seeing rf producing ones at least
tree farm to steam
pumping lava from the nether
if mystcraft is in infinity then replace lava and nether with liquid of your choice that burns and mystcraft age
bigreactors
using food and the culinary generators.

Did I miss any?

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
mystcraft is in this pack yes, not done anything with it yet though, been thinking just pumping lava from the nether

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Although this is a very simple solution this does still mean have to replace the pump every so often but I hope that this problem is solved.