ftb infinity best power source?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I usually pump lava from the nether to 10 lava engines for a while and slowly build a 7x7x7 big reactor with all the needed bits for an 11.x KRF/t system then switch over.

From here I usually start making the needed bits for 2 turbines. Once those are done there is a design for a 9x9x3 big reactor that will efficiently Produce 4k steam/t.

I think this time around though I am going to start working towards 3 of the top tier solar panels. At 33.3k/t that will be close to 100k/t total. Plenty for an uber factory with ender quarry at speed 3 and silk touch.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
The Enderthermic pump pumps from an insanely large area and produces minimal lag. If you're going to go with lava pumping, I'd use that.

Currently powering my base off an 8k/tick Big reactor - easily enough for my silk touch speed 2 Ender Quarry.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
big reactors.. are ok, but I hate the fact if you run out of fuel, you need to search for more, i know it's very common, but I'd rather focus on other things.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
big reactors.. are ok, but I hate the fact if you run out of fuel, you need to search for more, i know it's very common, but I'd rather focus on other things.

Yellorium is interchangeable with IC2 uranium.

Also you can resort to Magical Crops (for yellorium AND uranium) or Bees (just for uranium afaik) to make this a renewable resource.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Me and my partner currently run on toast power. just under 3k rf/t from a 64x cul gen is not too shabby. That and a 7x7 10/10/10 barely farm is more than enough to cover (likely) about 3 of these.

EDIT: Note i'm using a sprinker to keep this hyrdated, which also speeds the growth of the barely

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Enderthermic pump setup would need 2 ender io fluid pipes, 1 lava engine, 2 ender tanks.

Put 1 bucket of lava into the engine to prime the system and bam! "endless" lava

Reactions: Bagman817

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Enderthermic pump setup would need 2 ender io fluid pipes, 1 lava engine, 2 ender tanks.

Put 1 bucket of lava into the engine to prime the system and bam! "endless" lava
To expand on this, unless you're VERY early game, I'd use a magmatic dynamo over a lava generator. Higher base power production and a less expensive and more versatile upgrade system. Plus it looks cooler by far.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
ok back on topic.
some doable ways to get power
solar panels I believe seeing rf producing ones at least
tree farm to steam
pumping lava from the nether
if mystcraft is in infinity then replace lava and nether with liquid of your choice that burns and mystcraft age
bigreactors
using food and the culinary generators.

Did I miss any?
you are just scratching the surface dear...
Fuel, oil, bio gas, bio mass, ethanol, bio fuel, all botania power generation, peat, coal, potions, melting neithhack, redstone, enderpearls, alumentum, coal coke, creosote, sugar coal, uranium, wind mill watermill, hydroelectic dams, carpenter blocks, saw dust, glowstone, gun powder, nuclear, steam turbine, batteries, blaze powder, blaze rods, sugar, sewage, sludge, liquified coal, mob essence.

And I'm sure i still forgot a ton of them.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
If you have some method to automatically grow and harvest ender-lilies in sufficient quantites, or automatically farm endermen, ender generators might be what you need - just as an alternative.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
TE dynamos are pretty great. I like the way they look much more than Big reactors/turbines. And they can be upgraded to output a ton of power. Theres only dozens of fuels they can use. And Im sure that includes many things that you'd get from a mob spawner. Go pick up a few blaze spawners from the nether, place them on top of a piece of cursed earth and have them get pushed into spikes. Free blaze rods. And if you get creative, you could have them auto-killed with a looting weapon of some sort to get even more.

You could also set up a Railcraft coke oven and turn all of your useless coal into something thats 4x more powerful. Or just use lava.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
If you want to be cheap, go with TE3 dynamos. You can make a magmatic engine run at 320RF/t if you have all the upgrades in. Note: This decreases your fuel efficiency dramatically. This shouldn't be an issue since you are most likely getting fuel from the nether... Which is practically endless.

Get a few of those going at fuel blast and you'll never have to worry about energy ever again. Just keep adding and adding.
I know that a lot of people view lava energy as being cheaty, but I like it :p

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
You will want to use a Nether Star Generator.

Second best is a Potion Generator with 5 step potions.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My suggestion is actually a combination of mods. For infinite refueling with no effort, an MFR Tree farm, feeding into a Railcraft Steam Boiler. I plug two steam dynamos onto the side of that, so in the event of a catastrophic chunkloading failure, I restart my system with some water and charcoal. Then for high power output, run the steam out of the boiler and into a Big Reactors turbine. Which proceeds to run my base for a very long time.

I use a 5x5x3 reactor with nine fuel rods as a breeder to generate huge quantities of Cyanite.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been posted but...

Mfr tree farm => Mass smelting =>Railcraft steam boilers => Turbine => Send power back to Mfr Treefarm

Reactions: PierceSG

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
ok back on topic.
some doable ways to get power
solar panels I believe seeing rf producing ones at least
tree farm to steam
pumping lava from the nether
if mystcraft is in infinity then replace lava and nether with liquid of your choice that burns and mystcraft age
bigreactors
using food and the culinary generators.

Did I miss any?

You can also use an rftools dimension instead of a mystcraft dimension.