FTB Infinity Botania Hydroangeas

Jeffrey0320

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys.
I'm trying to make an early game Hydroangeas mana farm but im having trouble with the infinite water puddles. I think the Flowers are sucking up the water too fast, is there another way of doing this?
2015-04-03_11.32.57.png

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The main thing to keep in mind with Hydroangeas is to make sure that next to every water source block that could be picked up, there are at least two that cannot. In the setup with 2x3 pools, the only source blocks out of range of the hydroangeas are the two in the middle of each pool, and they won't be able to form a new source block.

3x3 pools solve this fairly well, although they take up a lot of space. Fiic's ring-shaped pool appears to be a bit more compact; a diagonal line of water blocks the same width as each side of the ring pool may be even more so.

Reactions: rkb27

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Is there a solid block that will allow mana to pass through though?
A Mana Detector should work, else use a phantom lens. Possibly the Etheral/Spectral Platforms will also work (not tried those in conjunction with bursts though)

Littggr

Jul 29, 2019
the platforms work perfectly. I had them covering all my mana transport and hiding it in the walls/floor :)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
or just be boring like me and stack them in the ocean -

uWT114c.png

Edit: Image changed to imgur

Last edited:
Reactions: SolManX