Need a way to detect if there is fluid/gas/whatever in a tube/pipe

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Are there any blocks that can detect/probe if a tube or pipe has any contents? Right now working on Mek 5x ore processing. I have a line of washers right now. I'd like to make it so when the clean slurry has been emptied out of the final pipe at the end of the line (up near the Chemical Crystallizer) a redstone signal is emitted to tell the pipe attached to the chest sending ore to the Dissolution Chamber to begin sending ore again.

I have been having some backups here and there with ore slurry being jammed in the washers. I think I might have fixed it, but I'd like to be able to speed things up quite a bit!

edit: Any way I can get the FMP blocks to not be darker than the other blocks? :(

Here are a couple photos of the room and washers. Thanks!

VlQR3Gz.png

HHCudAw.png

VWzST8t.png

RgRksTt.png

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I think BC Waterproof pipes have a gate conditon to check if there is fluid in the pipe. I don't know if a. mek pipes interact with BC gates at all, or b. you can even access this from a structure pipe. It's the only thing I can think of though, not really knowing mek that well. (I don't particularly like mek either...)

Reactions: MigukNamja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I think BC Waterproof pipes have a gate conditon to check if there is fluid in the pipe. I don't know if a. mek pipes interact with BC gates at all, or b. you can even access this from a structure pipe. It's the only thing I can think of though, not really knowing mek that well. (I don't particularly like mek either...)
Without knowing it for sure, I would doubt it. The slurry it not even counted as fluid as this state, but gas(crazy I know).

I really think the best solution is instead to have separate lines of Ore washers->Crystallizers for each type of metal ore. The go together 1:1 (at least in the version I tried). One Dissolution Chamber can service loads of Washers and Crystallizers.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played with mek yet, but if you could send the liquid in a tank, most of them works with vanilla comparator. So it would be easy to detect when that buffer tank gets empty.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Steve's Factory Manager can manage Ur problem with items and fluids
I've never played with mek yet, but if you could send the liquid in a tank, most of them works with vanilla comparator. So it would be easy to detect when that buffer tank gets empty.
Again, the slurry is not actually registered as a fluid, but a gas and can only be piped in Mek pressurized pipes and stored in Mek Gas tanks afaik.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hmm, do comparators work on Mek gas tanks? If so, you might be able to pipe your slurry through one of those.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Even if the mod does register it as a "gas" instead of a liquid, I would be willing to bet that steve's factory manager would be fairly reliable and somewhat easy to to setup.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Mek pipes cant be replaced by other mods pipes/tubes. that's problem using SFM. SFM cant transfer objects that not registed in forge as liquid.
its like thaumcraft essence and essence tubes

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Mek pipes cant be replaced by other mods pipes/tubes. that's problem using SFM. SFM cant transfer objects that not registed in forge as liquid.
its like thaumcraft essence and essence tubes

My thought wasn't so much that SFM would move anything just that it could detect when it was empty and emit a redstone signal to a light that would light up and let you know. It's not automated but it should be able to do that much.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
get a BC Gate and stick it onto your pipe. it should solve your problem. if not then get a cobble structure pipe and place it in a block touching the pipe you want to check then put the gate on the side you want the redstone signal to eject towards.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
get a BC Gate and stick it onto your pipe. it should solve your problem. if not then get a cobble structure pipe and place it in a block touching the pipe you want to check then put the gate on the side you want the redstone signal to eject towards.

Is it me or are we just going round and round in circles?...

There is no way of store or transporting the slurry "gas" other than the mekanism pipes.
There is nothing for BC gates to detect in the Mekanism pipes as there is no liquid in them and the gas does not appear to registered as a BC gate conditional.

Seriously the simplest way of doing this is by having dedicated lines for each ore type of:
1 Chemical Dissolution Chamber
1-X Chemical Washers directly followed by the same number of Chemical Crystallizers.

You are going to end up with lines of Crystallizers with small leftovers of slurry anyway that are block off from accepting other types of ore slurry. Might as well quit the idea of trying to separate the slurry out and just have separate lines for each ore.
Here is some examples of how I did it:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-35#post-964465

Last edited:
Reactions: jokermatt999

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious what mod is this that we are talking about?

EDIT: nevermind found it lol, I'll play around with it laters

Last edited: