IC2 iridium ore in FtB Infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing FtB Infinity, and I'm trying to get myself a set of quantum armor. I set up a laser drill, got a bunch of iridium ore, processed it in the IC2 machines... and end up with iridium ingots from advanced solars that won't work for making iridium reinforced plates. :-( So far the only way I've found of getting the correct iridium ore (that is used for the plates) is to find it in chests. When I look in NEI it doesn't have any way of processing the raw ore blocks into it. Am I missing something?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So I'm playing FtB Infinity, and I'm trying to get myself a set of quantum armor. I set up a laser drill, got a bunch of iridium ore, processed it in the IC2 machines... and end up with iridium ingots from advanced solars that won't work for making iridium reinforced plates. :-( So far the only way I've found of getting the correct iridium ore (that is used for the plates) is to find it in chests. When I look in NEI it doesn't have any way of processing the raw ore blocks into it. Am I missing something?
Mass fabricator, UU matter, scanner to scan found iridium, replicator to use UU matter and scan to make more.
This is the non GT way of getting iridium.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah... I was looking at stuff and that's what I came up with. Blarg. Oh well, looks like I'm making a Mass fabricator then.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the Loonium from Botania to get IC2 iridium. It uses mana(alot) and drops dungeon chest loot. I was using it to get music discs to make a stable division sigil and ended up with 9 iridium in a few hours.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah... I was looking at stuff and that's what I came up with. Blarg. Oh well, looks like I'm making a Mass fabricator then.
If recipes have remained the same, then the MF is by far the easiest of the chain to make.
But it can be well worth it as iridium is not the only thing it can replicate.

dynasty197

Jul 29, 2019
In infinity mass fabricator dosent work because Greg tech disables it so what you want to do for iridium is make a quarry or mining turtle or ender quarry. Mining turtle you will need chunk loaders so it won't stop. Mining turtle needs a loaded chunk

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
In infinity mass fabricator dosent work because Greg tech disables it so what you want to do for iridium is make a quarry or mining turtle or ender quarry. Mining turtle you will need chunk loaders so it won't stop. Mining turtle needs a loaded chunk
GregTech is not in the Infinity pack....

Also, im at work so i dont have NEI in front of me but cant you macerate or pulverize the ingot and get the circle piece? if not i know you can do this with the ore it self.

an EASY way to get TONS of iridium ore in the infinity pack is setup an RFTools Nether iridium world. I made a flat cobble world with nether iridium orbs(spheres) and it only takes ~300 rf to run. I HIGHLY recommend you make the iridium orbs tho , if you make the whole world out of the ore if one ore explodes it sets off a chain reaction of explosions and will cause a lot of issues. The orbs make it safer,if one nether ore explodes it will be contained to that one orb not the whole world

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
GregTech is not in the Infinity pack....

Also, im at work so i dont have NEI in front of me but cant you macerate or pulverize the ingot and get the circle piece? if not i know you can do this with the ore it self.

an EASY way to get TONS of iridium ore in the infinity pack is setup an RFTools Nether iridium world. I made a flat cobble world with nether iridium orbs(spheres) and it only takes ~300 rf to run. I HIGHLY recommend you make the iridium orbs tho , if you make the whole world out of the ore if one ore explodes it sets off a chain reaction of explosions and will cause a lot of issues. The orbs make it safer,if one nether ore explodes it will be contained to that one orb not the whole world
I think the whole problem is that the fact that Iridium Ore should not exist at all without GT. The only reason it does is because Nether Ores adds all ores to the game but only spawns those that it find matching ores of elsewhere. And no mod spawns any Iridium ore anywhere so no Nether Iridium ore is spawned in the Nether. But since the Iridium ore is still registered ingame the MFR laser drill still spawns them.
Techically there should be no use for this ore, but since Advanced Solars also works with GT, it got this small recipe snippet to turn it into Ingots. But it is not compatible with IC2 in any way.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I think the whole problem is that the fact that Iridium Ore should not exist at all without GT. The only reason it does is because Nether Ores adds all ores to the game but only spawns those that it find matching ores of elsewhere. And no mod spawns any Iridium ore anywhere so no Nether Iridium ore is spawned in the Nether. But since the Iridium ore is still registered ingame the MFR laser drill still spawns them.
Techically there should be no use for this ore, but since Advanced Solars also works with GT, it got this small recipe snippet to turn it into Ingots. But it is not compatible with IC2 in any way.

Maybe im not understanding what your saying but there are multiple uses for iridium, or are you talking just the ingot it self? Either way tho my previous method regarding RFTools Dim works great, you can make a nether iridium orb age, turn the nether ore into reg. ore and you can turn that into the circle pieces. You can either turn that into ingots or keep them as the circle piece

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Maybe im not understanding what your saying but there are multiple uses for iridium, or are you talking just the ingot it self? Either way tho my previous method regarding RFTools Dim works great, you can make a nether iridium orb age, turn the nether ore into reg. ore and you can turn that into the circle pieces. You can either turn that into ingots or keep them as the circle piece
Ahh yeah ofc it should drop the small IC2 ore bits if not Silk touched. That is true. Still completely unintended and a shame to waste the tech progress through IC2 IMO.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh yeah ofc it should drop the small IC2 ore bits if not Silk touched. That is true. Still completely unintended and a shame to waste the tech progress through IC2 IMO.
I havent played with IC2 since 1.4.7, with the advancement of Thermal Expansion i dont see a need to play with IC2 unless you have gregtech installed which i wont do since he went off the deep end but thats another topic all together ha ha.i do understand where your coming from tho. Im just playing with it in this pack just to do it, will prob make the armor and tools just for the fun of it but not really trying to go thru the tech tree.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I havent played with IC2 since 1.4.7, with the advancement of Thermal Expansion i dont see a need to play with IC2 unless you have gregtech installed which i wont do since he went off the deep end but thats another topic all together ha ha.i do understand where your coming from tho. Im just playing with it in this pack just to do it, will prob make the armor and tools just for the fun of it but not really trying to go thru the tech tree.
If it is infinity you HAVE to do Gravitysuite! Its armor and tool are just amazing imo. Or at least previous versions have been.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
If it is infinity you HAVE to do Gravitysuite! Its armor and tool are just amazing imo. Or at least previous versions have been.
Yea i used it back in the day, pretty sure GS is in it because i wanted to make the Vajra and thats in the pack

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yea i used it back in the day, pretty sure GS is in it because i wanted to make the Vajra and thats in the pack
The Advanced Diamond Drill is where it is really at. It will retire 4 of your TiCo tools.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
The Advanced Diamond Drill is where it is really at. It will retire 4 of your TiCo tools.
Issue with making it my main tool is i would have to swap to the gravisuite as my armor to keep it charged, i like bound armor from blood magic to much to change ha ha

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Issue with making it my main tool is i would have to swap to the gravisuite as my armor to keep it charged, i like bound armor from blood magic to much to change ha ha
Try it out :p I gladly do the exchange. IMO it is leagues ahead of the TiCo Hammer, Excavator, Pick and Shovel with all its features AND it saves me from carrying all four of them.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, Iridium ore is added in Infinity because of Advanced Solars. It has it's own ore. I would think since it's an IC2 add on, it would just use the IC2 iridium, but even though they can be interchanged, it is different than the IC2 ore for some reason. Doesn't make much sense.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm going for the gravichest, that's the only reason why I care. And I plan on building an IC2 reactor at some point, just as something to do. Right now I have a geothermal set up to run 5 recyclers each with 3 overclocker upgrades (I had 191k stone from an ender quarry w silk touch I ran in the twilight forest), and then 26 geothermals set up to run the mass fab itself.

I had tried placing the iridium ore block on the ground so I could break it w/o silk touch to see if it would drop the IC2 iridium ore balls, but unfortunately it wouldn't even let me place the ore. I didn't try with the nether iridium ore though.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
So you can place nether iridium on the ground, but breaking it w a non-silk touch pick just gives you back the ore block :-/

Utildayael

Jul 29, 2019
Ya it's a bit rough. Just finished my first run with Mass Fab to get full Quantum Armor and an Ultimate Solar channel.. takes FOREVER even with six recyclers feeding it non-stop. I'm in same boat as OP, was very annoyed when I found the ore but it wasn't usable in IC2.