IC2 iridium ore in FtB Infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: I guess this thread is more about the incompatibility of iridium in Infinity than about where to find it. But I'll leave my post here anyways.

I quarried hundreds if not a thousand chunks in Infinity (many long hours of quarrying), and I got exactly one Iridium Ore.

I flew around in the Nether for a few hours and found a Nether Iridium Ore block. I think that was incredibly lucky and probably doesn't represent any kind of "average" rate that you can find them, but facts are facts. I think you can get six Iridium Ores from one Nether Iridium block after processing.

And then yesterday I flew around the Overworld looking for a Jungle Biome... along the way I came across three chests sitting on the Obsidian "shrines" (not sure what mod they are from, I think it's Thaumcraft?), and out of those 3 chests I got FIVE Iridium ores. Each chest had at least one Iridium in it.

So if you want Iridium Ore, my suggestion is to fly around the Overworld and look for those Obsidian Shrines with the wood chest in the middle. Those are probably your best place to find "mass quantities" (lol), based on my limited experience with Infinity.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Asb3pe,

i looked into this a little more after speaking with rhn. There are multiple ways to get the ingot but only a few ways to get the small circle piece ore. The best way IMO is to get into botania and get a loonium(sp?) flower as this gives you chest loot. I have one set up and just let it run 24/7 and i get a pretty decent amount of the circle pieces. You can search for chests but anytime you need more your going to have to search more and more.

Reactions: asb3pe

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Because chest loot is the most efficient way, Runic Dungeons becomes the most fun way.