Who Else Loves the Gregtech Ingots?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which do you prefer;

• Total voters

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me, or do the pastel colored ingots from Gregtech look really good?

I made a (what I think) is a nifty little gradient with them.
Ingot Gradient.png

On a side note, does anybody know if they intend to make iridium or invar storage blocks?

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Err, iridium storage blocks?
Do you seriously get so much iridium that you need to divide it by 9 to be able to store it?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Err, iridium storage blocks?
Do you seriously get so much iridium that you need to divide it by 9 to be able to store it?

They should make it so that if you make and place a iridium storage block in world it gives you raidation posioning while near it.

Reactions: electroscape

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
EE2 condenser flowers? that'd do it
Yeah, a few dozen flowers, all tier 3. I know that was less efficient in terms of doubling time but since the emc doubling time was less than the construction time, it was no longer a consideration. It made me alot of redmatter furnaces.

Oh, um, the ingots look really nifty.

[edit] a fragment of my design, just fyi. I don't remember how old this is, but it's long long gone.

nZPNm.png

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
Eww, power flowers, Mindcrack pack all the way. Anyways, most metals have storage blocks and it just bugs me when I see that space in storage occupied by the wrong type of item.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, a few dozen flowers, all tier 3. I know that was less efficient in terms of doubling time but since the emc doubling time was less than the construction time, it was no longer a consideration. It made me alot of redmatter furnaces.

Oh, um, the ingots look really nifty.

[edit] a fragment of my design, just fyi. I don't remember how old this is, but it's long long gone.

nZPNm.png
woah.... so basically a redmatter bonanza factory

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019

That looks really nice!

I think the outline on the bright ones (aluminum, titanium, chrome, ...) could be a little darker. They blend in with the inventory background, making them appear slightly blurry and larger than they actually are.[/img][/quote]

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer the dark outline blocks, but aluminium and iridium i think are nice.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe we can ask Greg to give us enough types of metal bars for the full colour spectrum.

Also, if you really want to build with iridium you can always make iridium-reinforced stone.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe we can ask Greg to give us enough types of metal bars for the full colour spectrum.

Also, if you really want to build with iridium you can always make iridium-reinforced stone.

but iridiumtungstensteel

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer darker outlines. Nicer on the eyes.

For that reason in Beta A I tended to convert GT Ingots to ThermalExpansion ingots where possible.

Got sick of always confusing Tin with Iridium.

And old habits die hard, even if he did re-skin the ignots.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
They should make it so that if you make and place a iridium storage block in world it gives you raidation posioning while near it.

Psst, iridium is not radioactive... in fact, it holds the record for the most dense non-radioactive isotope that exists in the universe, to our current knowledge.

Reactions: Zmaster27

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
jnads said:
I prefer darker outlines. Nicer on the eyes.

I understand what you mean, but I think the pastel outlines look a little more natural. After all, you don't see black outlines around most things in real life.

Omicron said:
Psst, iridium is not radioactive... in fact, it holds the record for the most dense non-radioactive isotope that exists in the universe, to our current knowledge.

I thought osmium was denser than iridium while still being stable; and osmium is still only the densest naturally occurring stable isotope.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Osmium is denser, if you take the average of all naturally occuring isotopes. If you only look at the single most dense isotope, iridium 193 wins.