Who Else Loves the Gregtech Ingots?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Which do you prefer;

• Total voters

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Osmium and iridium share the honors, actually (in addition to always hanging out together in ores - they're total bros, really). Osmium is the most dense element in its naturally occuring isotope mixture. However, iridium has a naturally occuring, stable isotope that taken for itself is even more dense. It just isn't very common, which is why the average density natural iridium isn't as high as that of osmium.

But even then, we're talking about hair-splitting differences. The two are extremely close together. As, you know, bros do.

EDIT: Curses, foiled again!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Psst, iridium is not radioactive... in fact, it holds the record for the most dense non-radioactive isotope that exists in the universe, to our current knowledge.

And this is retentive to joking about the difficultly of some things in game how?

We are talking about a mod that allows you to make some planks that will smite just about everything in one hit.

We should be allowed to make humor that does not follow real life physics when the game it self does not follow real life physics. I only chose radiation poisoning because I found the idea humorous and figured if I joked about the block randomly exploding people would start to harp on about the dragon egg siphon bug.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Well, iridium being radioactive is actually a fairly common misconception - probably due to the similarity of the name to "radium" and "irradiated"... although the proper derivation would probably be from something like "iridescent".

If you had no such association and just made that up on the spot, then say hello to Murphy's Law, I suppose :p