[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I am not even going to try to ask why... What at least i can say is: Your call, but dont report any broken stuff in earlier versions, because I don't care (that goes for official issue tracker or PMs; I am fine with talking about them in here). I already got few, was trying to find why the heck they are happening, unable to recreate and then I have found out THAT guy uses 1.1.9....

So just a friendly warning for all of you... using outdated version? At least first try to update to see if the issue is still present, then report. It helps a lot. I am not always listing everysingle fix in the updates, because I just dont remember. I am fixing stuff in bulks, often "off" the updating procedure, when I play, and then I will push those fixes in bulk.
I don't even know why. The guy who runs our server is in charge of such things, not me. His only comment on updating at all was from a few days ago: "Currently pulling the server files to see if updating is possible. Not to get any hopes up, with bukkit still on DMCA, cauldron isn't being updated, and newer versions of servers and forge have less and less chance of working with the most updated (but still old) version of cauldron."

I've never run a modded server, so I have no clue what all that means tbh.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't even know why. The guy who runs our server is in charge of such things, not me. His only comment on updating at all was from a few days ago: "Currently pulling the server files to see if updating is possible. Not to get any hopes up, with bukkit still on DMCA, cauldron isn't being updated, and newer versions of servers and forge have less and less chance of working with the most updated (but still old) version of cauldron."

I've never run a modded server, so I have no clue what all that means tbh.
Short answer is your admin has a semi-valid answer. We don't support cauldron anymore in later versions, and your admin uses cauldron to keep the kiddies in check.

That said, I dont think that was the latest cauldron version, so he could have been a bit more updated than that.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Short answer is your admin has a semi-valid answer. We don't support cauldron anymore in later versions, and your admin uses cauldron to keep the kiddies in check.

That said, I dont think that was the latest cauldron version, so he could have been a bit more updated than that.
Is there an alternative to cauldron then, beyond going whitelist for the server?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I'll also throw in for server admins : if every upgrade went smoothly, it wouldn't be a big job / a big deal. But, very few upgrades go smoothly. If there aren't world issues, there are mod/config/feature issues, and then there are almost always client issues.

If everything goes well, nobody notices or cares about the server admins. But, if stuff is *not* going well, then......yeah.

Reactions: Grove and Dentvar

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
How did gregtech fluid pipes work? the only thing I know about them is than every tick they will attemp to send half of their content to the next pipe
But, are they bi-directional?
How they decide to where send it?
How they act when you plug 2 or more pipes/containers to the same pipe?
did they loss steam in their travel?
Are they influenced by gravity?

Where could I found everything about those pipes?

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it was mentioned, but Steve's Workshop seems a bit out of place in the pack, especially without any recipe changes. I didn't even think about using it until now because I just assumed it would have ridiculous costs for all the stuff, but was surprised to see that wasn't the case. For just a few pieces of iron and one glowstone dust you get free smelting at what feels like a much faster rate than any of the early steam smelting options. Compared to the effort required to do everything else, it sort of feels like an exploit.

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
How did gregtech fluid pipes work? the only thing I know about them is than every tick they will attemp to send half of their content to the next pipe

best explained tutorial at my opinion for gregtech pipes:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

I think there are 1-way valves you can install to force the flow in a certain direction. If you're going for hardmode and/or a more realistic look to your base, these pipes are hard to beat.

However, if you are going for reliability, I'd use eIO fluid conduits. There 3 tiers of them.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
What I will say might sound worng, but.... I am thinking about switching InfiTech to ATLauncher instead of FTB. Main reason is really the speed of updating the modpack. For instance, i submitted a v2.1.5 update almost a week ago, and still havent been processed. I know that there are thousands of other modpacks as well, but this system is not really working :( Both ATLauncher and TechnicPack launcher updates are managed by authors of the pack, so updates are pretty much instant.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What I will say might sound worng, but.... I am thinking about switching InfiTech to ATLauncher instead of FTB. Main reason is really the speed of updating the modpack. For instance, i submitted a v2.1.5 update almost a week ago, and still havent been processed. I know that there are thousands of other modpacks as well, but this system is not really working :( Both ATLauncher and TechnicPack launcher updates are managed by authors of the pack, so updates are pretty much instant.
This isn't the first time you've considered this; didn't you backtrack for some reason or other?

For what its worth I believe FTB is hiring more third-party guys to get these things moving faster.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I¨m getting started to love this pack :) Always played easy DW packs and I realy like the challange I get here.
But I can´t find a way to get a cobblestone generator early game (bronze age)

Transferenodes seems not to work since water and lava are not conecting to cobble as usual. Since water is not infitite I think.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi,

I¨m getting started to love this pack :) Always played easy DW packs and I realy like the challange I get here.
But I can´t find a way to get a cobblestone generator early game (bronze age)

Transferenodes seems not to work since water and lava are not conecting to cobble as usual. Since water is not infitite I think.
I didn't think you could get transfer nodes in the early game anyway: they're a mid-late game toy now.

I'm not sure there's a way to automatically produce cobble in the bronze age. You might be stuck doing it the old-fashioned way if you need cobble for projects.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't the first time you've considered this; didn't you backtrack for some reason or other?

For what its worth I believe FTB is hiring more third-party guys to get these things moving faster.
I know they are hiring, but it will always end up kind off same. There was one hiring time some time ago, it went brilliant, modpack updates were done in 2 days mostly.. then it got back to 3 days and now we are at 5 days. Its just.... ppl will get all excited about working "for" FTB then the excitement will fall off when most of the ppl realize, that they arent able to handle it, since there is flipin' so much every day.

I was considering TechnicLauncher first time, but from what I heard from Iskandar who went and worked for them for few days... my interest in Technic fell off tremendously.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I know they are hiring, but it will always end up kind off same. There was one hiring time some time ago, it went brilliant, modpack updates were done in 2 days mostly.. then it got back to 3 days and now we are at 5 days. Its just.... ppl will get all excited about working "for" FTB then the excitement will fall off when most of the ppl realize, that they arent able to handle it, since there is flipin' so much every day.

I was considering TechnicLauncher first time, but from what I heard from Iskandar who went and worked for them for few days... my interest in Technic fell off tremendously.
Totally agreed. I dont care which launcher we use either way :)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think you could get transfer nodes in the early game anyway: they're a mid-late game toy now.

I'm not sure there's a way to automatically produce cobble in the bronze age. You might be stuck doing it the old-fashioned way if you need cobble for projects.
Transfer nodes appear to only be available once you've built a QED. I was looking at these last night (now that I have a functional QED). Are there any advantages of a transfer node over using the various EnderIO conduits? I couldn't think of any at first thought, but it's sort of new to me.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Transfer nodes appear to only be available once you've built a QED. I was looking at these last night (now that I have a functional QED). Are there any advantages of a transfer node over using the various EnderIO conduits? I couldn't think of any at first thought, but it's sort of new to me.
They can be upgraded to transfer things faster. They can filter more (by nesting filters if I understand right). They're microblock compatible (!). Um, I'm pretty sure there are other cool benefits that are escaping me at this time.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
I think there are 1-way valves you can install to force the flow in a certain direction. If you're going for hardmode and/or a more realistic look to your base, these pipes are hard to beat.

However, if you are going for reliability, I'd use eIO fluid conduits. There 3 tiers of them.

Yeah, Im going for hard mode, I've found those valves but damn, they are lot more expensive than the pipe, Im going to make a few of them

best explained tutorial at my opinion for gregtech pipes:

Thanks, I've seen the video but Im very bad listening english, still understand a few things, but I would like to know how those glow-sensors used in the first 2 min of the video are called to make some experiments

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
It's not really worth thinking about the pipe "sloshing" unless you are providing significantly less steam than required by your machines and can never fill your pipes. Sloshing only occurs when they are filling up or emptying, if you are creating and moving excess steam the pipes essentially always stay full and there are no issues moving steam where you want it on demand. Using the largest pipes possible means you have a larger buffer/tank in your network and can equalize them faster when something is drawing very heavily on it, it might take a little longer to initially fill up and stabilize (stop sloshing), but that's not actually a real issue on it's own. It's like using a chain of openblocks tanks as a pipe system, it doesn't work very well if you don't have a lot of fluid in there because the liquid spreads out and sloshes around, but if you are providing a steady amount of liquid equal to or greater than the amount being used, all the tanks stay full and you get fluid everywhere on the chain that needs it. The pipe valves aren't required at all unless you are trying to do something with like subnetworks of pipes and need directional flow control, or have a very long stretch of pipe to move smaller amounts of fluid from one location or another, they are not for stopping sloshing on a normal pipe -> machine network because it shouldn't be occuring.

This actually not at all unique to gregtech, Mekanism and Buildcraft liquid pipes and the first two stages of EnderIO Fluid Conduits also have volumes and some amount of sloshing or gravity effect on them. It's not something most people think about or notice because it's not really an issue in most cases.

The "glow sensors" you are asking about are just normal lights from project red/bluepower placed on a liquid detector cover which is a gregtech cover that emits a redstone signal when fluid is inside.

Reactions: Miguel1118